Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2001 8:00:14 PM EDT
I broke a tooth the other day.Before I got a hold of my dentist,I remembered what my grandma used to say.If you take a shot of wiskey and hold it covering the tooth it will take the pain away.Wellillbe damned if it dont work.Its been a while since i've drank any straight shots of wiskey.I have come to the conclusion that grandma had better wiskey or was a lot tougher.Maybe both!

What a grand ole gal she was.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Next time try oil of cloves.  The whiskey only works if you swallow enough of it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#2]
arm: bite on a asprin and drink the whole bottle
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#3]
It really works even if you spit it out.If you drink the bottle it might stiil hurt ,but you dont care.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:24:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SILVER SURFER:
arm: bite on a asprin and drink the whole bottle
View Quote

Actual biting on an aspirin or letting an aspirin melt over the tooth is the worse thing you can do. It actually can cause the tooth to abscess. I have a lot of experience with dentists. I have more money spent in my mouth than my gun collection! Now that is a sad fact! Just waiting for the day I go to dentures like my dad and my grandfather and his father and his father before etc.
My family pasted down the bad teeth gene...I have very soft teeth and they deteriorate no matter how much care I give them. It sucks.

John  
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#5]
To bad you dont live in Illinois /Missouri area.The dentist I have is very progun.He is also very good.He is really a oral surgeon(is that spelled right)I have shot with him for years.A all around good guy.If anybody needs a good dentist in the St.Louis area email me and Ill give you his number.Hell go out of his way to take the insurance of a fellow gunner.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I've also heard that chewing tobacco works, too. I'll stick with the Jim Beam method, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top