Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2001 11:55:51 AM EDT
This is about the best answer I can muster.  It an old proverb I once heard from a guy, cant vouch for him, but the proverb is excellent. Wanna heeer it? Ok, heeer it go.....

"A frog in a pot of water wont jump out if you turn up the heat slowly."

When I’ve said that to kalifornians, I got these types of responses :  "but my job....", "my wife doesn't want to leave her friends.....", "My family’s here and....", "I bought a house.....", so on and so forth.  
All those reasons are fine and normal.  Those happen to be the MOST IMPORTANT things to them over the issue of firearms.
Me?  I moved because firearm ownership was important to me.  My wife and I are a lot happier as a result, because consequently, firearm friendly states are better places to live.  
The people who have their reasons to stay in Kali are happier as a result of meeting their needs.

The question is, what makes you happy? What meets YOUR needs?
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Exactly right.

Guns are not the most important things in my life. Very important, but behind wife and children, extended family, financial security, etc.

But I ain't happy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats all the Kali-resident rebuttal there is?!  

Amazing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 8:31:36 AM EDT
[#4]
WOW what values...  There are some good people in Kal.  But in my opinion if there is a piece of earth that is going to fall into the ocean thats the perfect one.  Every state that the Californians migrate to gets all messed up with there stupid ideas...  Freedom is freedom, Guns, What you watch in your home, ect...  The way that I see it they want to have control over all of us.  If you want to live in an area where you are dictated to thats fine with me.  I prefer to think for myself...

Here is to you Cal politicians[-!-!-]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#5]
But if your firearms priority is so incredibly low, why are you even on this bulletin board?  You should be on the "licking the politicians boot" bulletin board.  Other then being assigned to the military there (and I feel extremely sorry for all of you in this position) anyone who stays in the PRK should immediately put all of their firearms up for sale; or move.  Kalifornia, simply put, s**ks the big one.  As I write this Rush is talking about all the rolling blackouts in the PRK.  I pitty anyone who chooses to stay in Kalifornia (except for military assigned there) - by the time you "wake up" the broom handle is going to be all the way in your ...
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 9:44:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I am as shallow as any other Kalifornian- NOT.

But once you can get past the anti-freedom, anti-free speech, anti-free market, dysfunctional politics, warped civil rights agendas and the outrageous cost of living, it is a nice place to be.

I moved here 8 years ago from out of the country, and at first I loved it. Of course, I had no interest in firearms at the time, so I had no idea I was oppressed. But with a political awakening, a passion for black things that go bang, and a growing weariness with the growing population and increased traffic, living costs and stupid laws, I am ready to leave.

The big problem? Really good, secure jobs for both of us, a nice home that we bought just before prices started to roar, and uncertainty. Where would we go? What would we do when we get there?

And how in the heck am I going to move a beautiful, 5 year old marine reef tank to a new state? I had trouble moving it 30 miles to our new home. It is thriving with corals, mushrooms, fish, shrimp etc., a true balanced ecosystem.

My firearms are important to me, my rights are foremost. I resent being registered, I resent paying for it too, which is why I joined the NRA, GOA and CRPA (that is not a mis-spell either). I donate extra to GOA and CRPA (California Rifle and Pistol Assoc), I write enough to Boxer and Feinstein that I probably have an FBI file now because I am a single issue person, and you can guess how much those two agree with my views. My congressman, Tom Lantos, supposedly fought Nazis when he was a kid in Hungary, but from his anti-freedom voting record you see he learned nothing from history, even though he lived it. He doesn't like to hear from me. I write to my stupid state assemblyman, who unfortunately is a co-sponsor of the newest attempt at licensing handgun owners (Kevin Shelley), and my bimbo state senator (Jackie Speier) who hasn't found an anti-firearms bill she won't vote for.

My fiance is now to the point where she is the more vocal proponent in our home for moving. If anyone has some good ideas, we would love to hear them. We are looking for land with trees, near water, preferably in hills/mountains, with some kind of large town nearby. Privacy desired, so I can put my own range on the land.

Madkiwi
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 10:12:15 AM EDT
[#7]
All private ownership of guns should be banned in that state.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#8]
And you should go sit on a very large and pointy stick Imbrog|io.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 10:31:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I am just trying to help out.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#10]
SINK SINK SINK SINKK........
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes the rolling power outages...  If I dont put gas in my car and I run out who's falt is it???  If they have not built any more power plants then well tough luck...  We have plenty of power here in Wisconsin and wow our environment is not destroied...  What a bunch of kooks...
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
All private ownership of guns should be banned in that state.
View Quote

Thanks for the "help".  Good grief man, you ever thought that someday the fight that we are putting up here, will be happening in your neck of the woods soon enough?  We are experiencing your future now.  And with some 15% of the U.S. population here in the PRK, who do you think is gonna defend your rear end when we don't have guns?  

I understand you were joking, but frankly, we could use your help, everyone's help, to stop the madness of taking our rights away.  

(I think you struck a raw nerve with me here...  the fact that we have had so many of our gun rights snatched away already, the future that I see before me, and the fact that for me to leave here would be seriously difficult, it's no longer a joking matter to me, something akin to cracking jokes about heaven or hell at a funeral)

Link Posted: 5/8/2001 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The big problem? Really good, secure jobs for both of us, a nice home that we bought just before prices started to roar, and uncertainty. Where would we go? What would we do when we get there?

My fiance is now to the point where she is the more vocal proponent in our home for moving. If anyone has some good ideas, we would love to hear them. We are looking for land with trees, near water, preferably in hills/mountains, with some kind of large town nearby. Privacy desired, so I can put my own range on the land.

Madkiwi
View Quote

Hey man don't feel bad I am in the same situation in NY. The only thing with me is that it is affecting me so bad I am becoming a miserable SOB. I want to leave so bad but I have kids a nice house and a business. I am hoping when the kids get out of school(9 years) I can split.I will beleive it when I sign the papers. It is a terrible thing to hate where you live. I have been in NY for 35 years and I wanted to move 20 years ago but everytime I want to split something prevents it from happening. Everything that prevented it fizzled out. Just shows you it is not ment to happen or I should stop letting things stand in the way. Good luck I need some myself. At least you have warm weather. I have terrible winters. That is one of the things I hate about NY. I alos have very high cost of living,high car insurance,high house taxes,ect.

I have to agree with one of the posts that gun friendle states are nicer to live in. Usually lower taxes,lower housing cost,better cost of living and nicer people.NY and Kali are the same in many ways so we know what eachother is going through!! Take it easy
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Coming soon to Shotgun News:

""Assault Weapons" from Kalifornia! NRA 99% condition! Never fired, only dropped once!"
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top