Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2001 5:04:06 AM EDT
...with regard to the innate nature of gov't, and why gov't abuse occurs. It CERTAINLY explains why BATF is what it is.....

Originally by Ayn Rand, in [i]Atlas Shrugged [/i]
"Do you really think that we want those laws to be observed? We want them broken. We're after power and we mean it. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breakings laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted-and you create a nation of law breakers--and then you cash in on guilt." -Ayn Rand
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2001 5:07:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Garandman - for posting a quote from Rand, I forgive you (temporarily) for all that creationist nonsense [:)]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 5:12:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Adam White:
Garandman - for posting a quote from Rand, I forgive you (temporarily) for all that creationist nonsense [:)]
View Quote

Adam -

Truth comes from many sources, EVEN those that deny the existence of THE SOURCE OF ALL TRUTH.

Personally, I don't care WHO the truth comes from as far as my willingness to embrace it.

And having YOUR forgiveness, no matter HOW temporarily, will help me sleep better tonite. [;)]

Link Posted: 5/7/2001 5:32:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Sometimes you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 6:54:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Adam White:
View Quote

Adam -

Truth comes from many sources, EVEN those that deny the existence of THE SOURCE OF ALL TRUTH.

Personally, I don't care WHO the truth comes from as far as my willingness to embrace it.

And having YOUR forgiveness, no matter HOW temporarily, will help me sleep better tonite. [;)]

View Quote
                                                And how often they are fearful of hearing the truth or simply cannot stand to face it.........B&G
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 7:17:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sometimes you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
View Quote

cool quote! There ain't nuthin wrong with the way garandman moves...
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 7:20:44 AM EDT
[#6]
" You want the truth?...........You can't handle the truth!"
View Quote
 Jack Nicholson.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 8:06:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 8:44:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Garandman....absolutely-dead-nuts-right-friggin' ON!  You GO, my man.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:17:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Excellent......kinda puts it all in perspective huh?
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:22:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like the CA DOJ agenda.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top