Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2001 9:23:11 PM EDT
I was able to make trip to the range today and BOY did I have a great time!!

I mainly went to practice my pistol shooting since I usually suck pretty bad in that area.  Now lately I have been practicing pistol shooting at home using my $20 Sig Air Soft replica pistol.  Anyway, I was shooting my Sig P228 at the 20 yard range using a weaver stance and cheap CCI Blazer ammo. The target had an oval 10 ring that measured 3"x4".

The first box of ammo shooting semi-rapid fire I did okay, keeping most of my shots on a nice verticle plain, mostly in the 9 and 10 rings.

But during a 30rnd slow fire is when I really improved, put 24rnds in the 10 ring,5 just barely in the 9 ring and one really bad flier low on the 8 ring!![:D][:D]

Needless to say I was quite impressed with myself and just felt the urge to brag a little bi, since this is by far the best I have ever shoot a pistol.  I guess practice does pay off, even if it is with a toy gun!!

sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Practice makes perfect !  Gunslinger!
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:31:18 PM EDT
[#2]
How realistic are those air-soft pistols? What is the ammo that they shoot and at what kind of target?  Sounds like it might be a good way to practice.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How realistic are those air-soft pistols? What is the ammo that they shoot and at what kind of target?  Sounds like it might be a good way to practice.
View Quote

Really the only good thing about them is close up indoor training against real time targets(you know, your buddies). Get some safety glasses and see if you can storm your friends home. Put away the good china, etc. first. Good way to practice home defense but not practical for any kind of long range stuff.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 11:27:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I use my Air Soft mainly just to teach postol grip  and muscle memory. That and I always had a hard time keeping my hand steady while standing, the toy pistols helped solve that.

They realy are only effective out to about 25 feet, but they are fun as hell!!

sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 11:35:51 PM EDT
[#5]
At least you got to go shooting the weather sucked down here and I spent the day at the musuem.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top