Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2001 4:41:13 AM EDT
Finally got a chance to see the original Carrie. I thought the movie itself was only alright, but HOLY $HIT did Sissy Spacek freak me out with those eyes!  [%|] Think I'm gonna have nightmares thinking about it. Anybody else see that flick?
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 4:54:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I saw it.Real good.I remember the actress that played her mother was real spooky.It was directed by Brian Depalma and had John Travolta in it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 5:41:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Mom was played by Piper Laurie:

She did a good job, but all in all, I didn't care for the movie.

Jay
Arizona

Link Posted: 5/6/2001 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Saw it in 1978 at Lackland AFB(Think it was the Thunderbird Theater)  Me and 2 buddies sat in the front row.  During the final scene, when Carrie's hand came out of the grave, one of the guys(who'd seen it before) grabbed my wrist. About jumped through the roof.   [pissed]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It was directed by Brian Depalma and had John Travolta in it.
View Quote

That's scary in itself.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was directed by Brian Depalma and had John Travolta in it.
View Quote

That's scary in itself.
View Quote

Yeah, and John Travolta hadn't gotten much better in the last 20 years either. [:(]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 9:42:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Saw it in 1978 at Lackland AFB(Think it was the Thunderbird Theater)  Me and 2 buddies sat in the front row.  During the final scene, when Carrie's hand came out of the grave, one of the guys(who'd seen it before) grabbed my wrist. About jumped through the roof.   [pissed]
View Quote

hehehe, sounds like some people I know. I watched it on my DVD. That hand was scarry enough without someone scarring the crap out of me. That and stabbing the freaky mom with the knives. [:O]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I enjoyed ogling Sissy Spacek's knobs during the shower scene.  She's a little plain in the face, but I've always thought she had a great body.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 8:11:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I enjoyed ogling Sissy Spacek's knobs during the shower scene.  She's a little plain in the face, but I've always thought she had a great body.
View Quote
She did have a great body. I think her lacking in the face was partly because of how she had to play the role, and also her hair was so plain. I like the freckles, though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#9]
 Be sure to NOT see Carrie 2...it blows real hard!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 9:13:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I rented carrie 2 after watching the first one. Got bored real quick. I wouldn't have minded seeing the new carrie in a shower scene, though. Oops, did I say that out loud?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top