Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2001 11:39:20 AM EDT
There have been a lot of recent topics related to vermin/ varmint/ pest control and eradication.

I don't live on a farm or ranch. I live in a small town on the edge of a major metropolitan area. I know a few ranchers in my area and fully understand, support and respect the need to eliminate coyotes, ground squirrels, feral cats, dogs, etc.

What I don't understand is why would you want to tell us on a public forum about how you broke several laws, and you really enjoy killing cats, especially the ones that come to you when you call (NOT feral). And you like to bait them to the middle of the road. And you also trap them so you can get a good look at them before you do them. Maybe you could tell us if you get aroused while doing this?

When we post on this forum, the information is available to the general public.

Why would anyone who is concerned about the right to keep and bear arms willing to put out inflammatory information?

You are just playing into the antigunners' hands. They WILL use any and all negative information they can get to influence public opinion.

I know that some will argue that it's too late. That public opinion is a lost cause. That we have been demonized by the media and the damage is irrepairable. I don't agree.

Anyway, do as you please. But PLEASE don't put out any more ammunition for the antigunners!

BTW I hate cats.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:44:49 AM EDT
[#1]
SO it's not a member of PETA making these posts to make AR15ers look bad???  Hmmmmm....

I don't think anti's get ammo from any gun board that any yahoo can post whatever he wants on.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, contrary to what some members may believe, I like cats and actually own one. I try to be a responsible owner and control it. I understand that if it is causing problems for someone else then I need to take steps to remedy the situation before they do and I fully accept the reality of the situation and what I am implying. I tolerate quite a bit from some of my neighbor's pets without so much as the slightest inkling of killing them for their annoying behavior.

The post in question that you are referencing could probably have been written and titled a bit more subtly, but I don't see what is wrong with baiting troublesome strays or feral cats in order to dispatch them. I'm definitely not all for blowing away the neighbor's pet as anything other than an extreme last resort, but sometimes people refuse to be responsible and you gotta do what you gotta do. I don't particularly care for the idea of giving our enemies ammunition to use against us, but even worse, I don't like hiding under a rock, either. This sort of stuff is commonplace in suburban and rural America and I see no eason why we should be ashamed to speak of it. The hypocisy of the opinion that it's wrong to dispatch a nuisance on our own yet A-okay for the vet, animal shelter, pound, or animal control officer to do so bothers me, too.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I think some here are missing my point.

I don't care what anyone does as long as you don't hurt anyone else. I find peoples adventures and experiences interesting and entertaining. I think I have a good sense of humor. And I do see the humor in a lot of these responses.

The antigunners will not see any humor or entertainment value in any of this. They will use snippets of information as they see fit. They will weave bits and pieces of these posts into a broad picture of evil, sadistic pet killers.

Again, PLEASE clean it up.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Boomer,
I have no problem with you controling pests, and I really do not have a problem with your posts because you are not talking about inflicting cruelty, you are talking about fairly humane pest control.  I agree with Operator Error on this one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#7]
 My friend,
You should not advertise your felonies.
I will try to find your post, but if you get enjoyment out of killing cats, stray or otherwise. you got problems. one time I knew this guy that killed his dog because he growled at him.
A pitbull. blew him away with his shotgun. he may have snapped at him. This was in Texas. The dog had been used to fight and the poor dog was all scarred up.
He had ben showing me how viscious the dog was earlier and had been teasing him with his hand.
Well he was working on his truck and the dog was on the seat. Well he reached in the truck and I guess the dog thought he was messing with him. Dog goes off, and the guy gets all pissed of and starts trying to beat it with a jack handle and he finally made it to the shotgun under the seat and he pumped a round in him. Something just came over the guy. I split. And i told my friends mom and dad.
Well so the big thing is that they wanted to have a meeting and my mom and dad were not invited. They go into this whole bible spiel about how i judged him and if I knew the bible and shit. Was ready to call me a liar. but waht he didn't know and at the time neither did I, that my friend was bringing his girlfriend home from school and I didn't even know that at the time. His dad started in with all of this crap and I told eveyone what happened. Due jumps up and wants to fight, and I asked him this simple question " why didn't you shoot the dog when he snapped at you in the garage?" No answer just a redface.
point being, that he guy snapped.
the other point being is that it is a proven fact that serial killers usually start out on animals. They prey on the weaker.
You and this guy do us pro gun people so much harm. And you are really scary because you have emboldened yourself enough tho go public. That is all we need is for some wacko to flip out and then the Cops and anti gunners spread all over the media how this guy was a regular visitor to AR15.com And you KNOW they will. And then what ? THey will shut this site down like a rodeo clown.
If i knew you,I would make you skin the cat cook him up and eat him.  All of it. Then you would really get to enjoy killing the cat.
Don't be so stupid.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#8]
My posts on PD's and such were only to try and make a point about problems in different parts of the country. Bill's comments about prairie dogs was one sided. If people only here one side to an issue they believe it. I am trying to convince others here that things are not always the way one or two people state. I do not believe in destroying neighbors pets for entertainment either. If Bill lived out where I do and his only income was ranching he would have a different outlook on what is pest and what is pets. This winter a single widow whom lives in the country lost 14 cats to a mangy coyote. Three were killed in front of her picture window while she watched. She was scared to death to go outside(a little paranoid) for fear of falling on the ice and brer coyote eating her. According to Bill's morals this animal shouldn't have been eradicated. It was dispatched humanely. This ladys cats are her pets plus deer, pheasants, and turkeys in her yard. Sometimes things need to be dealt with. Good day.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Machingbird,

Did I miss something?

Who are you replying to?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#10]
To take pleasure in killing is sick...to take pride in a good shot ..and dispatching a varmint for the good of something else.. isnt...cruelty is a sickness bragging about it is a cry for help or punishment..Having worked for a few years as a kiddie social worker Ive seen this sickness before..a need to bully usually asscociated with having been bullied and now having a need to make something helpless a victim...its a matter of excercising power that has nothing to do with pest eradication and everything to do with power ...absolute power life and death...over a helpless animal..and to advertise it...one sick mf...and a perfect profile for a serial killer...and the media would have a field day..makes all gun owners look as evil as the evil media paints us all.....perhaps that is exactly what this individual is hoping to accomplish..I say delete his post and censure his sick ass permanently...
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By operator error:
Machingbird,

Did I miss something?
View Quote

After reading that rambling post, I'd say about 10 hits off the water bong.

Who are you replying to?
View Quote

Perhaps the giant talking frog in the corner? [:)]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey guys,

I gotta agree with operator error.  I can just picture Dianne FineSwine in front of congress right now pushing for the new attempt to get rid of gun shows reading posts she got from here about how much gun owners just like to kill.

Send each other e-mail if you want to talk, but I sincerely believe he is right, this could very well be used to bite us in the butt.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#13]
OE, that's why we're losing our asses.  We are an ugly, unattractive bunch of fat white males and we do NOTHING for sympathy.  We are losing the cultural war because too many of us here are immature barbarians.  Idiots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top