Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2001 2:41:15 PM EDT
Fox News reported that guns actually STOP more crime that they CREATE!!! And they even went on to say that the media never reports how often guns are used in self defense.

They made reference to a study (cant remember which) that guns are 4 times more likely to stop a crime than to cause one.

[size=6]FINALLY SOMEONE REPORTS THE TRUTH!!!![/size=6]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#3]
YES, its about time they had the guts to tell the truth. This even makes up for Titus.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I knew that!
View Quote

Of course all of us here know that, I'm just in shock that someone actually reported it!!!

Hopefully, other stations will catch on. This could be a VERY good thing for us!!!

I wish I could've seen the faces of all the anti's when they saw that.  "uuuuuuuuuuhhh, but......... that CANT BE!! uuuuuuh uuuuuuuh, everyone knows all guns kill innocent people..."
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#5]
FOX News has been doing this type of reporting for quite some time.  It's theonly breath of fresh air on that damn boob tube these days.

Send FOX a quick email thanking them for their good reporting.

CMOS
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
FOX News has been doing this type of reporting for quite some time.  It's theonly breath of fresh air on that damn boob tube these days.

CMOS
View Quote

got an email? and yes it is refreshing that the truth is being reported at long last.

but is the price paid yet to convince the libs? i dont think so yet. theyl keep on movin on.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm totally freaking suprised.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Did they mention that those glock revolvers stop the most crime of all?
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#9]
The study they were referring to was the one done by Professor John Lott and pooh-poohed by all the gun-grabbers.

Moe
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 3:42:36 PM EDT
[#10]
heh, no.  I believe it is the automatic lever action assult submachine gun which stops most crimes.

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Or the semi automatic bolt action revolver pump machine gun lever single shot pistols that I bet my life on.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#12]
We all really have to give FoxNews credit for what they have done.  They are about the only national broadcast news organization that is even remotely objective.  We need to support their courageous stance on this issue.  We need to tell them that we appreciate what they are doing.

mattjedi[x]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone got a link to an online copy of the report?
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

FOX News has been doing this type of reporting for quite some time.....

View Quote

Quoted:

We all really have to give FoxNews credit for what they have done. They are about the only national broadcast news organization that is even remotely objective. We need to support their courageous stance on this issue. We need to tell them that we appreciate what they are doing.
View Quote

This is exactly what we must do to show our appreciation for the media that does tell the whole story.

Is it important that we let those who don't tell it all know that we don't like it.... YES!

Is it even more important that we let those who do - know that we appreciate it.... YES AGAIN!

Think what kind of taste it will leave in thier mouth when they get hundreds or thousands of letters and e-mails thanking them for a job well done...

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:21:29 PM EDT
[#15]
For those too lazy to find the FOX site.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#16]
i just sent them an email thanking them, and i suggest everyond do the same. if we get sighted for being nice ........ who knows maby there is hope.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I wonder if they'll replay it later tonight?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 5:25:00 AM EDT
[#19]
As O'reilly would say "NAME AND TOWN, NAME AND TOWN!" :)
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 5:33:48 AM EDT
[#20]
just sent off a thinkyou note.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 7:01:58 AM EDT
[#21]
the bolt semi auto assault lever pump revolver gatling turbo single belt fed grenade sub machine derringer pistol  is the one that is causing the most drive bys and children finding them in the closet shootings
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top