Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2001 3:07:28 PM EDT
The patent on these have expired so now I can share them with you.

I know a few of you are saving up for future firarms purchases and are wondering how they could save money faster.

Disclaimer: This may only work for single individuals.

1) Do your hygiene biz at work. This will save on water and toilet paper
2) Buy a ton of Top Ramen and hot dogs at Costco(don't get a membership go with someone who has one already. or walk in backwards into the door. or wear a blue apron and go into the employee entrance claiming you are a new employee. you must first ask who the mgr is up front to make your story credible: "Hey I'm new, suppose to see Bob at the bakery. No taht's ok I know where to go" Then you're in.)
3) Find a Restaurant bar that has a free buffet during happy hour. Stand next to a large group and make small talk. When the waitress comes order a drink, hopefully she charges it on their tab. If not, the next round order a coke and tell them you are the groups designated driver. The majority of bars will give free sodas to designated drivers.
4) Never pass up pot luck at work. Sign up to bring in utensils. Then go to the nearest deli and grab all of their platic utensils for said pot luck(you might want to do this over a period of time and deli's do not like this behaviour). Viola!!! Free food.
5) Get a membership to a gym and a small storage space. With this you can live in your car and save beuacoup bucks. Shower at the gym, put your stuff in storage. Use laundromats. Go late at night so that you can do your ironing as well. Most do have tv for you entertainment pleasure.
6) On Fridays, suggest a co. sponsored happy hour to build up morale. Hey thats free partying.
7) Get a second job at Blockbusters. You can watch all the movies you want. Eat their snack and earn extra cash.
8) On Sundays, go to 3 or 4 newspaper machines right when they load em. After that put in your money and grab a stack. Go to the next corner and sell em. If you do not have the start up cash for this go to a different neighborhood(prefferably an affluent one) and "procure" theirs. This should get you enough capital for next weekend. At this point you might want to splurge and go to McD's for lunch. You've earned it.
9) On Sat. nights: Go to a flower shop and buy their day old flowers at a discount in bulk. Then walk into a club early(so as not to pay cover) Attempt to sell the flowers. It so dark at clubs that no one will ever know they are wilted. That and 90% of these will never make it out of the clubs. This is where you get to meet hot chickee snacks. [sex]
10) If you have married friends with kids, learn their eating habits. Time your visits during or before meal times. These people are also trying to save money and will tend to eat home most of the times. Free home cooked meals. Do not do this too often as it might tip them off and stop answering the door.

All these steps can be used in combination of each other. Never try to use em all at once till you have practice. In a months time you should be able to afford that LEGP or what ever you have your eye on. Good Luck!!!!
Just doing my part to help the sale of LEGP rifles. [;)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 3:19:17 PM EDT
[#1]
All that stuff costs money.

Go to Costco before 6pm. If you don't have a card, just tell the guy at the door you want to look around. Go to the food section and eat all of the free samples that you can.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 3:25:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm thinking in another week I should expect another LEGP order from you LT[:D]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
All that stuff costs money.

View Quote

Oooops I forgot I was in the presence of the king [;)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Grin&Barrett:
I'm thinking in another week I should expect another LEGP order from you LT[:D]
View Quote

Sure can I get [i]six[/i] months financing this time around? [;D]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#5]
On #9 you can even save more by picking the neighbors rose bushes.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:54:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey, LT -

Other than that, how are things in Texas?  [^]

[red][size=4]P.R.K.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
On #9 you can even save more by picking the neighbors rose bushes.
View Quote

almost as bad as picking a dozen of fresh roses out of the graveyard on Valentines Day [:D]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok, so we handled the food, shelter, and pussy requirements. Now, how do you get ammo for shooting yer AR? [BD]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top