Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2001 11:33:42 AM EDT
I was looking into purchasing the rifle from castle and noticed a chrome lined barrel was an additional $100. What's up with that?
That takes it to the price of the Bushmaster M4 at http://www.aimsurplus.com.

I think I'll go with the Bushy!
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:41:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, reading that made me not want it anymore. They say it provides better accuracy which it does, but on a 16" barrel? No one will convince me that a 16" non-lined barrel is better than a 16" lined one.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#2]
My thoughts exactly!
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:44:25 AM EDT
[#3]
If you don't want it, don't get it.  Just don't bust balls in the process.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Ignoring accuracy (a good chromelined is better than a bad non-chromed), a chromelined barrel will last about twice as long.

Still, the LEGP rifle has other features that make it worthwhile:

1.  simulated flashhider
2.  sidesling mount
3.  limited edition
4.  reputed top notch quality
5.  special logo/serial number
6.  specially priced accessories
7.  Star Selector
8.  Hogue grip

I was one of the last holdouts, but I finally decided to try one.

Pricewise, I don't think I really save over the Bushmaster, but it's a special edition and the quality is supposed to be top notch.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Who's busting balls.  It's freedom of speach.  I personally won't buy any AR that doesn't have a chrome lined barrel.  I love being able to clean my chromed chamber and barrel in just a few minutes with no scrubbing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#6]
You mean the LEGP rifle doesn't have a chrome-lined barrel?  Who in their right mind would ever order a rifle without a chrome-lined barrel? Oh yeah, I ordered one of those.........
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't care I've already got a bushy and this new one is probably not going to get shot anyway.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#8]
For those of us who own "sporting" rifles of other types, how many of them have chrome lined barrels?
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Me too, man!  As soon as I can afford that Class III, I'm sellin' my chromemoly and stainless barrels and I'm off to the jungles dude!  Then I'll have a reason to have a chrome-lined barrel.  Until then, I sure won't want one.  Wait, I'll check my 1887 Marlin.  Oops, that's right, it's not lined.  Guess it's worn out too.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't find a big advantage to either.  My chrome lined shoots just as well as my non-chromed.  On a flip side, my non-Chromed cleans just as easy.  Think of all the rifles on the market without chrome lined barrels!  ummm 90% or more. Bushmaster marketing obviously works...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top