Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2001 8:41:53 PM EDT
My plans are to purchase a Colt M4 carbine ASAP.

What I need is specific details on the M4 that will help me make the decision on what to buy and what not to buy.

From what I have been told, the M4 is not a Colt production gun, it's a Colt M4 UPPER on a LOWER of choice (something that fits).

With this in mind, please describe the best possible UPPER to LOWER match. There are so many available and I am not sure the best way to go. Some lowers are gov't carbines, others are SP1's. What should I look for?

I am looking for a close match of UPPER and LOWER.

HELP
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The M4 is a Colt production gun, it's just not avalible to non military or law enforcement types as a complete weapon.
There are plenty of people selling "complete" M4 uppers out there for around $799 or so (if you call an upper complete without the bolt / carrier assembly and the flat top carry handle)

GEF
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I am only interested in a Colt M4, nothing else.

I know that M4 uppers can be purchased and "installed" on other lowers. So my question is what is the best or most desirable lower to match the M4 upper?

Are there any details or FAQ's around that detail the M4 rifle?
I do know the uppers are stampted M4 somwhere on the upper and the stock is also a little different.

I'd just to know as much as I can before I buy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top