Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2001 7:35:22 PM EDT
Watching Sam Donaldson interview several Vietnam veteran/congresscritters on TV this morning, I learned the following things:

1) Senator Bob Kerry, even by his own version of the truth, ordered the killing of civilian women, children, and old men in Vietnam.

2) Senator Kerry is a brave war hero.

3) Senator Kerry was justified in his actions, not necessarily because they were unavoidable while carrying out his mission, but because his life was possibly in great danger and he didn't want to take any chances.

4) We who weren't there in Vietnam should not even question the actions of Senator Bob Kerry.

Now I'm trying to think, wasn't there another guy who recently admitted to killing women and children? No, it wasn't to insure the safety of his own skin in that case, it was something else. And I think he referred to it as "collateral damage," but that didn't go over too well. And I think government officials were talking about him too, only they called him cowardly instead of brave. And they said not that we shouldn't question him, but that we shouldn't listen to him -- regardless of how well reasoned some of his points might be.

Oh, man, I wish I could remember who that is I'm thinking of.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Watching Sam Donaldson interview several Vietnam veteran/congresscritters on TV this morning, I learned the following things:

1) Senator Bob Kerry, even by his own version of the truth, ordered the killing of civilian women, children, and old men in Vietnam.

2) Senator Kerry is a brave war hero.

3) Senator Kerry was justified in his actions, not necessarily because they were unavoidable while carrying out his mission, but because his life was possibly in great danger and he didn't want to take any chances.

4) We who weren't there in Vietnam should not even question the actions of Senator Bob Kerry.

Now I'm trying to think, wasn't there another guy who recently admitted to killing women and children? No, it wasn't to insure the safety of his own skin in that case, it was something else. And I think he referred to it as "collateral damage," but that didn't go over too well. And I think government officials were talking about him too, only they called him cowardly instead of brave. And they said not that we shouldn't question him, but that we shouldn't listen to him -- regardless of how well reasoned some of his points might be.

Oh, man, I wish I could remember who that is I'm thinking of.
View Quote

Let me help you Fuzzbean - T-I-M-O-T-H-Y  M-C-V-E-I-G-H

You can't be serious.  You prove my point that our society has been completely brainwashed by the news media and we have become a bunch of parrots that just repeat what we hear.

I want you to remember this - you are buying from the same liberal media that works overtime to take away your 2nd Amendment rights.

#4 - No... you obviously weren't there so you do not know anything about being in combat or being in charge in same.

Now think Fuzzbean... it is dark, your being shot at - what will you do?  Ask for ID?

No Fuzzbean.... you don't have any way of knowing so why don't you just stay out of what you don't know about?

Posted - 04/13/2001 :  01:13:03        

By Fuzzbean

-------------------

I hope I don't get anybody in trouble for letting this out, but here's the word from a buddy of mine that works in intelligence at the Pentagon.

High resolution infra-red and conventional satellite photos, combined with the new extra-low frequency through-earth radar (ELFRAD) technology, have revealed that the Chinese are now nearing completion of an exact working replica of our so-called "spy plane." From what our guys been able to piece together, it appears that the Chinese plan to present this completely functional like-new replica to the U.S. within the next 5 to 7 days as a "goodwill gesture," to replace the damaged one. Though they continue to insist (ridiculously) that the accident was our fault.

I don't know what anybody else thinks about these developments, but I am very suspicious of their motivations. "Goodwill" my ass. Mightn't they be just maneuvering to get a contract to build all our military aircraft for us?
View Quote

Why don't you ask your buddy who works in the Pentagon what really happened with Kerry's team?  You seem to be "in the know"

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Senator Kerry didn't know who the enemy was.  He was in a war.  McVeigh committed murder.  He killed civilians that were at work and in daycare.  There is a huge difference between self defense and murder.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#3]
THANK YOU, Mr. Sniper!

Yes, I guess I should have realized that the liberal media would have brainwashed me into judging Mr. McVeigh by the same standards used for others. The liberal media is like that.

Thanks for setting me straight.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Senator Kerry didn't know who the enemy was.  He was in a war.  McVeigh committed murder.  He killed civilians that were at work and in daycare.  There is a huge difference between self defense and murder.
View Quote

Civillians can't have work and daycare during a war?
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#5]
The VC daycares were different.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#6]
If people are shooting at you and you’re in a foreign country that you’re at war with shooting back is not a bad idea.

Driving a truck loaded with explosives up in front of a day care center well…  

Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#7]
kerry was in a bad situtation, put your self there. all the confusion and the state of mind you would be in over there.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:13:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
kerry was in a bad situtation, put your self there. all the confusion and the state of mind you would be in over there.
View Quote

Yes, but should we honor as a hero someone who allowed himself to be thusly affected by the confusion of that bad situation? To lack professionalism when being shot at may be human, but is it heroic?
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#9]
"Watching Sam Donaldson" [V]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Keeping your men alive in a battle is heroic.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Keeping your men alive in a battle is heroic.
View Quote

I'm just going by what the liberal media tells me on this. I guess they like bashing on Democrat Senators. But I don't see anything heroic about knowingly killing children except in specific cases where that individual child is definitely known to have a grenade or is clearly seen actively shooting at you, etc.

Now that I've stirred up this hornet's nest, I have to go to bed. But just in case anybody is wondering: No, I definitely do not consider McVeigh a hero either. Killing kids was a bad thing, even if it had a good purpose. And it did not have a good purpose as far as the results that could reasonably be anticipated. Surely his actions did, and could have been expected to do, far more damage to the causes he claims to champion than any good that could ever come of them.

But I don't care too much for when Clinton or Ashcroft or whoever sweeps my legitimate concerns about the militarization of law enforcement or excessive federal powers under the carpet simply because Tim McVeigh happens to feel the same way.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm just going by what the liberal media tells me on this. I guess they like bashing on Democrat Senators. But I don't see anything heroic about knowingly killing children except in specific cases where that individual child is definitely known to have a grenade or is clearly seen actively shooting at you, etc.

Now that I've stirred up this hornet's nest, I have to go to bed. But just in case anybody is wondering: No, I definitely do not consider McVeigh a hero either. Killing kids was a bad thing, even if it had a good purpose. And it did not have a good purpose as far as the results that could reasonably be anticipated. Surely his actions did, and could have been expected to do, far more damage to the causes he claims to champion than any good that could ever come of them.

But I don't care too much for when Clinton or Ashcroft or whoever sweeps my legitimate concerns about the militarization of law enforcement or excessive federal powers under the carpet simply because Tim McVeigh happens to feel the same way.
View Quote

OK, Now I feel better.  That's cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top