Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2001 10:06:45 AM EDT
The reason that I am skeptical of people that are so partisian that they cannot acknowledge the good that some one else does, is because it is not honest no matter what your political affilliation is. That is blind devotion and life isn't like that. That would be like saying that your Mom or Dad never did anything wrong.
Regarding current policies and politics, let's look at current policies. Ok let's say Clinton was solidly anti-gun and Bush the Father was whatever you want to call it anti -whatever when he apponted Justices to the Supreme court that made so that you can be sent to jail for anything(driving 15 miles an hour with no seat belt)
Which is worse??Dude's no one is wrong all the time so just be skeptical of those that can't see that. They usually have some other agenda.

Your brother in Arms
Mach-ing-bird
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#1]
You are not correct. I must point out that
there are people who are wrong more often than
right and some people who are wrong all the time. For example their are polititions that want to exchange the US Constitution for the
UN World Constitution.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
"The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion."  Edmund Burke (1784)

Now then it is my opinion that the majority of the populace of the U.S. is under some delusion.  Mainly that they have become so lazy, as to expect and want the goverment to do do everything for them.  Protect me from this, or that, give me this, don't let people do that, etc, etc.  Well, quite frankly I'm sick of the goverment trying to make me do this or that for my own good, and I'm sick too of my money paying for everyone else's protection or handouts.  I'm sick of hearing about the environment and how much it's costing for clean air, I'm sick of hearing about how evil guns are, and how they kill people.  When the hell are people going to wake up?  Nothing is free, live with it.  O.K. rant off.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:53:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Well to me it is all about Law and Order. no law , no order then CHAOS. The German's thought Hitler was right and it cost them their collective asses( OSS knew he was insane as early) as 1937) and autonomy. Same with the Japanese, and same with the Iraqi's.
Trust me I know liberty when I see it, but I know demagoguery as well.
Heck Einstein wasn't right all of the time. And no one IS right all of the time. I can prove it. Life does not end 100 yards from the tip of your barrel. (well it COULD!!! LMAO)

Mah kin boid
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top