Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2001 3:14:05 PM EDT
Well, it came on Friday, along with my order from ammoman.com, I didn't know that the ZM used the large front pivot pin, I have a large/small adapter type, which is being used for cosmetic purposes in the pic below, I ordered the correct pin from Fulton Armory. I can't wait to try it out. One thing about the stock... if you ever run out of ammo, just turn the gun around and beat the everloving hell out of your attacker, because that's one tough cookie. I'm currently looking for something to pad it slightly.

Anyways, I'm very happy with it so far, and I haven't even shot it yet.

Here's a pic:
[img]http://www.jacksonville.net/~dan1972/myzm.jpg[/img]
[rail]
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Very very very nice.

Be sure to get back to us with a range report!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 3:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]
is that pre ban?, how much $$$ did it run ya?
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, it's pre-ban, it's mounted on a Colt SP1 I bought via the Exchange, the upper is $1565, I also got the Tri-Mount and the foward grip.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#4]
man, i like um but i cant afford that and a pre ban lower
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#5]
As said before I will be interested to hear your range report.

Looks cool, hope it all works well.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn dude.
U'r gunna have 2 let me shoot her...
Come to the SJSSS on the 5th. I'm gunna b there.
PLEASE?!?!?!?!?

McUZI
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Niiiiice!  

I'm envious.  Good choice!
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#8]
[beer]  [^]  [:o] [:D]
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#11]
[size=6][beer]  N_I_C_E![/size=6]
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#12]
McUzi: I seriously doubt I'll be able to go, I only work on the weekends, and the only reason I have this one off is because I have some kinda weird stomach virus.

In almost every pic of the ZM I've seen, most people leave the normal AR rear grip on, I think I'll put the old one back on too, I think that notch that sticks out of the ZM one would getting annoying after a while. Something else, with the ZM grip installed, there's a tiny gap between the top sides of the grip and the receiver, and you can see the selector spring, it's not a big gap, you could probably slide a nickel into it, is this a big problem? Like I said, I'll probably go back to the old grip anyways, but I just wanna know.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 12:16:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Lincoln's Wax,

Who did you order the ZM from and how long did it take you to get it?  Thanks!

Wilson,

I just started looking into these as well.  Apparently, a redesigned gas system allows for the recoil spring to be in front of the bolt and it pulls (not push) the bolt forward as it strips a round and goes into battery.  Therefore, the ZM does not require a spring in the stock.  You might want to check out a good article from Guns magazine in March this year.  It's up on their website. [url]www.gunsmagazine.com/Pages/0301ftr.html[/url]

-Red-
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 10:37:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Lincoln,

Congrats on finally getting it in!!!  ZM comes in either a large or small hole for the front pivot pin...I have the small hole for my lower.  Is your lower a Colt?  If so, thats why Allan probably sent you the large hole version.  

I cant tell by the pic, but is your stock the 5 position collapsable or the skeleton?  If you are looking for a cheekrest check out this link. [url]http://www.dsarms.com/accessories.htm#Cheekrest[/url]  or you can order the olive drab version to match the ZM furniture at [url]http://striderindustries.com/products.htm[/url]...go to "shooting aids" and you should see "cheekrests".

In regards to the pistol grip...shoot it first and see what you think.  The ZM grip is angled like a 1911 and is actually very comfortable, not to mention...its built like a tank.  If your not happy with the looks check out the "PEARCE" grip from brownells.  It has the same 1911 angle and it allows you to put the Houge rubbler grips on them.  The "HINES" Ergo grip is also pretty good.  In regards to the "gap"...it shouldn't be so large that you can stick a nickle in it.  Do you use the supplied screw and have it tightend all the way?  The screw that comes with the grip is actually a little longer than the standard pistol grip screw on an AR15.

Post some more pics!

DUFF,

Good to see you again.  I am still in transit.  Spending some time with the family before reporting in...Don't get to a computer that often.  Did you put the old stock back on or is that the ACE?

Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:00:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Lincoln`s Wax, could you post a picture of the boltcarrier and spring....I'd like to know what it looks like...

BISHOP
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Actually, I'm not too clear on it's takedown, Duffy or Bear posted pics of the procedure before, maybe they still have them, it seems fairly simple, but the pics in the manual are blurry.

I switched back to the original grip, you're right, it was the screw length, and the shorter one was too short. The old one really fits my hand better too.

Redhook: I ordered directly from ZM, dealing with them was beyond my expectations, Allan answers any and all questions you may have. It took me just over a month, but Allan said that was mainly because of a delay due to troubles with the front sight maker.

Bear: I got the skeleton stock. I want to get the other one, but it's a bit more than I had at the moment, but I will eventually get it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top