Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2003 8:45:17 PM EDT
I was quite please with myself. I bump fired successfully for the first time today. I was ecstatic until I ran into a problem.

The weapon stopped firing so I let go of the trigger, only to let loose a round into the dirt 5 feet in front of me.

The bolt wouldn't go all the way forward no matter what and that's when I noticed my trigger pin had walked out to the right, so that the hammer wouldn't catch and ride forward each time.

Being the stubborn little Marine that I am, I tucked my drift pin and mallet into my pocket and popped the pin back into place every magazine.

Now I'm home, staring at the problem and my only rifle in depression as I wonder how to fix it.

The pin hole looks peened... perhaps I wasn't as careful as I thought when I detailed cleaned my AR... Is there anything I can do?

I was wondering if I can send the reciever to Colt to see if they can do something, perhaps upgrading the reciever from a slab side to an A2 with retained pushpin.

Or is my only real option to used anti-walk pins?

Help a ARFCOM brother in need please.
Link Posted: 4/13/2003 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't the hammer spring ends hold the trigger pin from moving?

Sounds like they may be UNDER the pin instead of on top of the pin and that is why it fell out...

BISHOP
Link Posted: 4/13/2003 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll check it when I go home, I'm at work at the moment.
Link Posted: 4/13/2003 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Sounds like they may be UNDER the pin instead of on top of the pin and that is why it fell out...
View Quote

Hehe.  I did this on my first build, and that's exactly what happened.  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/13/2003 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Hehe.  I did this on my first build, and that's exactly what happened.  [:D]
View Quote

ditto[:)]
Link Posted: 4/13/2003 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup. The hammer spring was laying ontop of the trigger spring... All fixed now. Thanks, everyone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top