Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2001 9:03:39 AM EDT
I think I have decided on my first AR.  A Bushmaster shorty with A2 stock, 16" plain HB, and A3 flat top upper.  Any words of advice or dealer recommendations for eastern VA.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 9:15:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a thought---did ya check out the limited edition rifle? can be found in its own forum....
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 9:28:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought that model bushy 2 weeks ago. I love it. Had absolutely no problems.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Cant' go wrong the Bushmaster. I have the Shorty for many years now and have no problems.

But if money is tight and you are not brand particular the AR15 Limited Edition rifle is also a good buy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought hard about the Limited Edition Rifle but I want the A2 stock and just a plain heavy barrel.  I also like the chrome barrel and chamber of the Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think I have decided on my first AR.  A Bushmaster shorty with A2 stock, 16" plain HB, and A3 flat top upper.  Any words of advice or dealer recommendations for eastern VA.

Thanks!
View Quote

I too just got one of these about two weeks ago. I am not complaining as I am already consistantly hitting milk jugs at 200 - 300 yards with iron sights; however, you might want to look at the Bushmaster 'Disapator'. It has a 16" barrel with full sight length.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the Bushmaster shorty flattop is a good choice.  I purchased a shorty with an a2 upper recently and have been very pleased.  Overall I think the flattop is a more versatile Ar.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I too just got one of these about two weeks ago. I am not complaining as I am already consistantly hitting milk jugs at 200 - 300 yards with iron sights; however, you might want to look at the Bushmaster 'Disapator'. It has a 16" barrel with full sight length.

Just a thought.
View Quote

I was originally thinking about the Dissipater but then changed my mind.  Oh no, indecision again! LOL
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought hard about the Limited Edition Rifle but I want the A2 stock and just a plain heavy barrel.  I also like the chrome barrel and chamber of the Bushmaster.
View Quote

Any particular reason for wanting the boat anchor barrel?  You won't give up any measurable accuracy with a LW barrel (like the 16" M4).  And since I assume that your rifle won't be used in full auto, you won't get much benefit.  Of course, if you're trying to build up your biceps and lats, that's something else.

-Troy
View Quote

What exactly is a M4 barrel?  I'm ignorant, sorry.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 2:02:32 PM EDT
[#10]
M4 type

[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/barrel-assemblies/pbbl16m4.htm[/url]

HBAR

[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/barrel-assemblies/pbbl16a.htm[/url]

Bushmaster is also doing a lightweight barrel now but that variant in an assembled rifle will probably be more expensive at first I bet.

[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/barrel-assemblies/abbl16sla.htm[/url]

Link Posted: 4/25/2001 2:50:10 PM EDT
[#11]
You did well buying a Bushmaster.  Pretty soon your next post will probably say, "Next AR".  Good to have you here, 2001.  [:)]

-RoadDog
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top