Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2001 6:14:38 AM EDT
Has anyone ever refinished a scope? I just bought a Leupold from ebay but it is gloss black and I want a Matte finish. Any suggestions?
ZIP
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:25:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe they are anodized.I think the best way would be paint.I have used hammered metal paint before.Rustoleum makes a lighht crinkel finnish in matte black that is pretty tuff.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:15:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I called, really emailed, Leupold and they replied
"No we don't. Try Jim Spradlin in Texas Creek, CO. 719 275 7105.
Garth"

These guys refinish they for about $60 and it doesn't affect the Leupold factory warranty.

Give 'em a call

Bill

Happiness is a warn gun...
Bang bang, shoot shoot...

Link Posted: 4/25/2001 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the 2001 Leopold Catalog Here in front of me.  In the back, under Custom Shop,  they offer "Scope Renovation."

3 different levels, "Specific," "Basic," and "Full."  The Full Renovation replaces the main-tube, objective and ocular lenses, [u]and all exterior parts[/u]. Since they are doing that, I would imagine that you could have them change it to a matte finish.  No prices given.

Maybe Jim Spradin is a sub-contractor for Leopold....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top