Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2001 8:46:27 AM EDT
A friend of mine has a M1 Carbine that he has been accesorizing.  He bought a magazine pouch that slips over the stock and is supposed to hold 2 15rd mags.  He says it absolutely will not hold the magazines while fitted on the stock.  Is there something he might be doing wrong?  He says that the pouch is genuine USGI.  Any help for him would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#1]
i dont believe the pouch you were talking about was actually made for that.Did he put the mags in and then attach.Matbe he got one a little undersized.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#2]
They made two types of pouches for the 15 rnd mags.  One has two belt straps and the other has one very wide strap with a brass snap on it.  The one with two straps wont fit over the stock.  The other one fits.  The fit is VERY tight.  Have your friend put the mags in and then slide the pouch on with a little muscle.  Push it all the way to the oiler can slot.  Some people have actually wrapped the mags in plastic and soaked the pouch in water and then pushed it on to help it stretch.  Either way, the pouch will eventually stretch out a little.  Also, put a little tape over the brass buckle so that it doesnt scratch up the stock. These pouches were not intended to be put on the stock in the first place.  Some GI started that in WWII.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info, I'll pass it on.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it a GI issue or a 'universal' civilian model.?
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 2:32:38 AM EDT
[#5]
USGI issue 1942 or 1952 is the date stamp on the pouch so I was told.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top