Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2001 9:10:32 AM EDT
Just picked up a Valmet 223 at the show. The seller (a local dealer) assured me that Valmets would take Galil 223 mags. Is tis true? I ordered some of the Orlite Galil mags CDNN has for $20 each on the assumption that it was, but I wanted to get some confirmation.
TIA
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#1]
What show??

Did I miss something?

Where?

McUZI
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#2]
The Galil mags will lock into a Valmet, but it is a very bad idea to use them, since they feed way too low.  You will find that the bullet tips strike the barrel root very low and then bounce up and into the chamber.  Some guns, it simply jams the bullet back in the case and stops.  Eventually, you are going to have a round that gets the bullet jammed back into the case, AND chambers it, which is going to dramatically increase chamber pressure.  It probably would never grenade your gun, but just not a real good idea regardless.  They will work in a last ditch effort, but not something I would play with in a nice pre-ban rifle.

You may want to check out the Valmet board at www.valmet-weapons.com

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top