Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2001 7:06:38 AM EDT
MY FWAGILE LITTLE MIND!!!

I just watched Monty Python's The Meaning of Life...and, well, I am mentally scarred.  WTF kind of drugs to Englishmen have access to?  Has anyone seen this flick?  I reccommend it.

BTW, it was really funny.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:16:18 AM EDT
[#1]
IS THAT THE ONE THAT THE GUYS GUARDING THE BRIDGE AND HE WONT LET YOU PASS UNLESS YOU FIGHT HIM?GETS BOTH LEGS AND ARMS CUT OFF AND SCREAMING FOR HIM TO COME BACK HE WILL NAW HIS LEG OFFF?
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#2]
No, that was The Holy Grail, not The Meaning of Life.

Same guys, same humor, but the Holy Grail is still the best movie in their collection, hands down.  An instant classic...

Jew~
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:26:13 AM EDT
[#3]
No, that would be the Holy Grail.

"Meaning of Life" is my personal favorite of the Python films.  Damn funny stuff.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:28:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 11:31:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to have to rent it now. I may have seen it I know I saw one of them.

John[heavy]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh, fishy fishy fishy fishy, where is the fishy...it is quite an illusive fish.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#7]
The big fat guy in the restaturant eating the lil thin wafer at the end of his meal was kinda gross though. One of the funny parts was when John Cleese was playing the professor and was teaching sex ed. His wife came in and they were getting it on in class for instructional purposes and was talking about groceries. Love that flick.

I love Monty Python in general. You guys should see their TV show on BBC. Those that have digital cable or satellite can catch re-runs on the BBC channel. My favorite skit is the dead parrot and the ministry of silly walks. LMAO

Life of Brian and the Holy Grail are great movies as well.

Link Posted: 4/21/2001 12:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The big fat guy in the restaturant eating the lil thin wafer at the end of his meal was kinda gross though. One of the funny parts was when John Cleese was playing the professor and was teaching sex ed. His wife came in and they were getting it on in class for instructional purposes and was talking about groceries. Love that flick.

I love Monty Python in general. You guys should see their TV show on BBC. Those that have digital cable or satellite can catch re-runs on the BBC channel. My favorite skit is the dead parrot and the ministry of silly walks. LMAO

Life of Brian and the Holy Grail are great movies as well.

View Quote

Yeah, the restaurant part was nasty, and I could have done without that.

I like when the Catholic third-world family is singing about the sacred sperm.  There is like 40 kids in that family.  In the end the father sends the kids off for scientific tests because the mill closed down.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Why are we here? What's life all about?
Is God really real, or is there some doubt?
Well, tonight, we're going to sort it all out,
For, tonight, it's 'The Meaning of Life'.

What's the point of all this hoax?
Is it the chicken and the egg time? Are we just yolks?
Or, perhaps, we're just one of God's little jokes.
Well, ça c'est le 'Meaning of Life'.

Is life just a game where we make up the rules
While we're searching for something to say,
Or are we just simply spiralling coils
Of self-replicating DNA. Nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, nay.

In this 'life', what is our fate?
Is there Heaven and Hell? Do we reincarnate?
Is mankind evolving, or is it too late?
Well, tonight, here's 'The Meaning of Life'.

For millions, this 'life' is a sad vale of tears,
Sitting 'round with really nothing to say
While the scientists say we're just simply spiralling coils
Of self-replicating DNA. Nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, nay.

So, just why-- why are we here,
And just what-- what-- what-- what do we fear?
Well, ce soir, for a change, it will all be made clear,
For this is 'The Meaning of Life'. C'est le sens de la vie.
This is 'The Meaning of Life'.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#10]
The Meaning of Life was the worst Python movie in my opinion.

Holy Grail
Life of Brian
Then in distant third, Meaning of Life.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#11]
A fish, a fish, a fishy, fish.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#12]
The most f-ed up movie ever was John Watters's Pink Flamingos.

Meaning of Life was one of the great movies of all time.

A tiger?  In Africa?
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Personally I love the restaurant scene with the fat dude, Mr. Kreasoak or however it was spelled.

I laugh my ass off when I think about the fish in the fish tank talking to eachother and cusing about the fat bastard.

Search for the Holy Grail was funny as hell when they talk about the Holy Handgrenade all to blow up a stupid little bunny rabit.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't ask me how, but I met John Waters one time about 20 years ago when I was an undergrad. Sick movies, but a super nice guy. I was quite surprised, and asked him how somebody who seemed like such a regular guy (exc. for the little pencil line moustache...hmmm...) could make, er.... shall we say, such "off-center" movies. He said, hey, everybody's a little twisted- I just happen to know how to make money off my twistedness...

Monty Python- great movies, TV shows, but everybody I know who has dealt with them says they are very difficult people, esp. Eric Idle, who apparently hijacked the Rutles for himself, and Neil Innes did all the work, and got zip.

Showbiz people....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top