Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2001 8:52:59 PM EDT
Charlton Heston writes in "Guns and Ammo":

..officials from scores of nations convened at the UN to prepare for a major conference this July on "Illicit trade in small arms"...when they talk about illicit transfers, they are really talking about all transfers...participants in these schemes speak glowingly of a new "global norm of non-possession" of firearms...Often, such "Universal Declarations" become part of  international treaties, then all it would take  for the treaty's provisions to become domestic law of ratification by the Senate.  With the current 50-50 party split in the US Senate, such a scenario could get dicey fast...

Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:57:19 PM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Passing treaties, and enforceing them are two different things. If they ever try, I hope they still have the habit of wearing blue berets. Could they pass something like this, given the  norm for the international group of shit called the UN, yes, could they get it by the Senate????, but that is why you train, and prepare, always be watchful of these rights grabbers actions.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#5]
no, their blue helmets are good bullseyes.

the whole idea of right to bear is to prevent such activity
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#6]
no
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#7]
The disarmament nuts will do anything to make an end run around the second amendment.  Now that most constitutional scholars admit that the second means exactly what it says, i wouldn't put it past hillary and ted to look to the UN to over-rule their own constition.  Screw em.  I *have* a right to keep arms, and I'm keeping em, whether on the rack or in a bunker, either way is ok with me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:14:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Talking about having to refuse an order.....[:(!]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Thats why I just bought an M1A scout version with a shepherd scope!
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I doubt it. However, consider this. If such a thing were to pass and was enforced by blue helmets, how many of those guys wearing blue helmets do you think would be American soliders? It's likely many. Then what do you do?
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thats why I just bought an M1A scout version with a shepherd scope!
View Quote

How sweet it is!
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Most of the Soldiers/Marines that I know would have to refuse an order like this.

HOWEVER, MR. BEEKEEPER. IF I AM AROUND AND YOU TRIED THAT ON ONE OF MY TROOPS, I'D HAVE TO ADJUST YOUR ATTITUDE.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I've never killed anyone before and i don't want to have to start now.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 11:03:35 PM EDT
[#16]
no... I don't think it's feasable for the UN either.

You see these photos of modified humvees and such on American soil with the UN markings, etc... Umm, where is the vehicle made? Oh yeah.. here. I doubt we send our equipment overseas to get painted...

Geez, the UN is the least of our fears now. Take a look at Kali, NY, NJ, etc... The UN can't get a foothold with Iraq...!! and people worry they will come here.. lol

let's get realistic,
B
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Tippie,

Well I will be standing beside Beekeeper while you try to change his attitude because he is right, anyone who tries to take our weapons even our own military become the enemy and will be dealt with accordingly. Oh by the way I would love to see you try to change my attitude when I am using our own traitorous soldiers wearing UN blue helmets as target practice.   If that treaty really happened and was actually ratified then it would mean Civil War and I would not wait until they came to my door to begin the fight. All the Blue Helmets and the people who help them in any way will become targets of opportunity and the streets will run red.   Sniper for Justice          

VINCE AUT MORIRE “Conquer or Die”
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 11:19:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't know, let 'em try
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 11:25:46 PM EDT
[#19]
PoppinFresh,

“Lets get realistic”,
Well for one thing the UN does not have to come here, all that has to happen is for the treaty to be ratified and then our own police and troops will do the dirty work, with or without the Damm Blue Helmets.

By the way if Foreign Troops were to try to take our weapons I think that would cause a full blown revolution. Can you think what would the members of the VFW and American Legion and all other patriotic organizations do if some of the same countries we fought against or helped sent troops to kill Americans. No one who loves our flag and our Country would stand for it.  Just a thought.      

Sniper for Justice          

VINCE AUT MORIRE “Conquer or Die”
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 11:28:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Can the UN disarm the US?
View Quote

If our [i]elected[/i] officials continue to move toward gobalization the answer is, eventually.

Eddie
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 11:39:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Protect from enemies foreign an domestic.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 11:57:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Sniper,

I think we are on the same team here.

When I say "be realistic", I mean we really have some epic struggles here, before the UN could even enter play. (Firearms laws that are unconstitutional)

They could come in and (Try to)take over tomorrow, can you say bloodbath? They would be decimated. I don't see this being a question for maybe 10-15 years.

I think what you are asying is they are eating us from within... Which is the point I was trying to reach (although akwardly).

As for Foreign troops rolling in,

I see all these folks here talking the "cold, dead fingers" spiel. I think you could agree these folks, collectively, couldn't fill a gallon bucket with water, without a fight breaking out.

It's just the impression I get. Granted, for every 1 of us that registers here, there are probably 20 that read and never post. ...and those are folks I count on.

This has been rambling, but, I keep trying to hold the faith. As a self proclaimed good ol' boy adjusting to the city life... ahh, screw it. I just want a cabin on a pond. (With BIG bass)
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 12:02:13 AM EDT
[#23]
the moment they try to land un troops here to take our guns away on our own soil, there will be bloodshed. a civil war would be at hand..  be prepaired, and ready for it. a civil war may be at hand...
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 5:39:53 AM EDT
[#24]
It won't happen till the all the tikes in school now come of voting or taking office age. Why do you think they preach so hard at school now that "guns are evil"? The younger generation is getting brainwashed at public schools.

Oh yeah, some of them learn something every now and again too.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 6:03:32 AM EDT
[#25]
What I think is scary is our growing military dependence on the UN... If we need to fight a war that is unpopular with the UN we'd pretty much be screwed right now. We simply are not equipped to fight a unilateral action. Therefore, if this trend continues the UN will have one hell of a strong tool to use against us. "Get in line with world disarmament or we will not participate in the military action you so frequently feel the need to become involved in."

We are too, too dependant on that organization right now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 6:18:10 AM EDT
[#26]
 The UN is an organization of pagan religions, and as such, it is your DUTY as a Christian to RESIST!  Actively or passively.  I can readily se the Feinsein/Teddy crowd using the UN to do what the Document prohibits.  And as far as "adjusting attatudes," you oath is to the CONSTITUTION, not some BLUE RAG and the color of 'law.'  Any cop or soldier stupid or venal enough to go along with a gun confiscation DESERVES WHAT THEY GET, AND I HOPE THAT I AM THE ONE WHO GIVES IT TO THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[grenade] [shotgun] [uzi] [machine gun]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 6:24:40 AM EDT
[#27]
[heavy]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 6:36:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Well, they can try....

Hey Tampa Dave...let's go shooting!! I am in Tampa also!!

Link Posted: 4/21/2001 6:39:15 AM EDT
[#29]
MOLON LABE
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:19:31 AM EDT
[#30]
[rocket]
[shotgun]
[uzi]
[pistol]
[sniper]
[rail]
[pyro]
[frag]
[heavy]
[grenade]

[puke]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:37:41 AM EDT
[#31]
[left]My thought's: this is not a bullshit topic. this is sooo true today alot of gun guy's do not realize how far the government wants to go to the length's of disarming us it's [b]GOT[/b]to be the New world Order; has to be. so many of them are so concerned about small arms. there was a post with sat photo's; i printed some out and showed my wife i told her if you ever did had to fight a garella war you have to do it at night at least. shit you can count the tree's and vehicles in our yard. i know this is dated but i think they could flush out stashed weapons, and bunker's.[/left]

Guy's: this is a warning sign.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:51:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Never happen, besides the USA would not be the main worry. The UN could never disarm the Swiss. [}:)]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:52:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Not by force. We, the US, worked with the UN down in Kosovo - they are bunch of morons who hire cops to do their b#tch boy jobs. Without NATO or the US - the UN ain't sh#t. Worry about laws being passed that usurp your rights first - thats how they'll take guns away if, in fact, they do. Maybe I've been stationed in Germany too long - but nothing is impossible when it comes to STUPID laws. I'm a US soldier over here and cannot carry a personal firearm in a vehicle or have it on my possession on the Germany economy. Because of stupid laws.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:20:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Even assuming the UN did pass some sort of treaty to which the US was a signatory, I think there still has to be some implementing legislation (ie passed by the house, senate and signed by the president, just like any other legislation)to affect US law.  A perfect example is the Berne Convention regarding world intellectual property rights.  The US is a signatory to it, but we don't recognize or enforce major parts of the treaty, such as moral rights in intellectual property, because although they are recognized by the treaty and by many other countries, they are simply not recognized by US law.  That is, there has been no US legislation to support and enforce moral rights in intellectual property here.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#35]
The simple truth is they don't have to completely disarm us. All they have to do is continue the gradual encroachment and obliteration of our rights that they have been accomplishing. Once they get even remotely close to disarmament, then some sort of emergency or series of "emergencies" will provide them and their minions the opportunity to roam the landscape of America rounding up people and weapons.

"The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." --Henry Kissinger

"What is important is to dwell upon the increasing evidence of the existence of a secret conspiracy, throughout the world, for the destruction of organized government and the letting loose of evil."  Christian Science Monitor editorial, June 19th, l920

"Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the Field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it." Woodrow Wilson,The New Freedom (1913)

"The governments of the present day have to deal not merely with other governments, with emperors, kings and ministers, but also with the secret societies which have everywhere their unscrupulous agents, and can at the last moment upset all the governments' plans. " British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli, 1876
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:53:01 AM EDT
[#36]
They can try
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:06:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Tippie:

I just have to tell you that your comment is indicative of [b]"true colors"[/b] very unbecoming of a supporter of [b][i]this[/b][/i]board and of [b]RKBA[/b]

I too will be standing along side the Beekeeper and the Sniper.  Perhaps we should take you out first huh?

If ones cause is true and just and if one is determined to committ to their cause and to give their life if need be then anyone or anything that stands in the way of that cause is the enemy.

That goes for soldiers with their heads up the big old UN arse.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#38]
I have to agree with thebeekeeper1 on this one. And Armalite stated the key words: enemies foreign and domestic. I'll probably be too old and feeble by the time anything like this is attempted, but the way kids are brainwashed these days, well, I hope they're up to the job.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Please read Allege handgun control master plan for TOTAL Global Gun Confiscation/Citizen Dis-Armament.

[url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]

^

[url]www.DigitalAngel.net/da_patent/index.htm[/url]  

Never Again, Never Forget
Seek the Truth
Liberate Your Mind

FIXED BAYONETS

VX
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#40]
First, I said that I would have to refuse this order.

Second, I would not order, nor allow an order of this kind to be issued to my soldiers.

LAST.  Neither will I take a firearm from my countrymen, nor will I support any orders to do so.

FROM ME:
I WILL NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO POSE A THREAT TO MY TROOPS. AND I WILL, TO MY LAST BREATH PROTECT THE SOLDIERS ENTRUSTED TO MY CARE.

SNIPER, X-KILL,  will you attack your own troops?

True colors my ASS.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Ya know, I am confused or maybe just having  a few too many Coronas, but when I joined the military, USMC, I took an oath that I would uphold the Constitution of the U.S. and protect my country and obey the orders of the president.
NOW, wouldn't it be contridicting and hypocritical of any U.S. serviceman to obey anyone or anything that changes or goes against the U.S. Constitution?
In fact, wouldn't that hold true for any government official who took the same oath?

Corona bottle empty **hic ** must get another
Inserting lime wedge  ** hic **
[beer]

Drunken Jarhead Out

Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Well, they could restrict the international flow of firearms and imports to this country. But the only people that could disarm us would be ourselves, with of course the prodding and suggestions of the UN.
Any point: There is a lot of talk of secret groups trying to take over the world. While I believe it is possible and they exist, I don't believe it is too organized. See, most of these people would want totally power right? But only for themselves, so while they are all working toward  a common goal, and following the same path, and consulting with each other, they aren't really "working" together. They may join an organization to promote their ideas and help influence leaders, it really isn't too centralized and controlled or directed from one group.
Another argument used to discredit to conspiracy movement is that it could not be secret. Too many people with too big of egos that want to feel important. Well it isn't, the information is out there, waiting to be found, but the people behind have found an ingenious way to keep the people deaf and blind of the progression toward tyranny: discredit all of those who do believe and have found out the truth. Portray them as nuts, crazies, etc. Pretty clever. Don't underestimate the intelligence of the enemy.
That's my opinion anyway.
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Read the whole blessed thread.
Don't play with words either.
I said that neither me, nor any troops under my care would participate.
Not a contradiction.
Statement of fact.
Not former, reserve.
And I make the same final statement again.
My troops will not participate. No "blue" or any othe color.
If you choose to take an issue with me, NEVER threaten to hurt those that I am responsable for.
I don't think that you would want me, or those with me for an enemy.
I won't take your guns, but, don't take a shot at me.
I have no intention of finding anybody.
Get ovet it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top