Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2001 10:42:26 AM EDT
greetings, ar15.com brothers! With the summer finally approaching,the day to celebrate our independence is almost here. Does anyone have good sources for mial-order fireworks, or perhaps home-made stuff that is fun and impressive?I usually get 12gauge mortors at my local gunshop(25rnds for 25$), but this is getting old. And don't worry, your secrets are safe with me! [;)]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want to see a death blossom, get a whole brick of firecrackers, punch a hole in the middle of all of the packs, and finally string all of them onto a fuse (preferably quickmatch). Seeing a whole brick go up all at once is an impressive sight.

Link Posted: 4/20/2001 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking the other day how cool it would be to get a propane tank (full) and shoot it with a 30-06 incendiary round. I think that would make a big boom! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Here you go:

FS: Giant Exploding Targets
Posted By: huge 1/2 pounders for long range competition
Date: 4/20/01 09:54

These are PERFECT for long range competition and a hundred and one other fun applications. 100% legal unless your state specificaly has a law against "exploding targets". Even California allows them. Since they need sensitizer added just prior to shooting, they are 10 times safer than the commercial 'flash powder' ones you can buy at the sporting good store. These can be heard for miles and miles. Huge flash and atomic Ka-Boom. Case of 20 half pounders for $100.00. All major cards accepted with no extra fee. For orders and info, call us at 541-744-1406,
Sincerely, Daniel/Skylight Co

Link Posted: 4/20/2001 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#4]
When my brother worked as a loader and then a blaster at a quarry mine, he sometimes "forgot" to empty his pockets, and would come home with pound sticks of 80% nitro.

Biggest bang around on the fourth. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
april and you talking about the 4th. sounds good to me. i know a guys that celebrates the 4th with his thompson. i guess that makes a lot of since. some friends of mine are connected with a liscneced pyrotech who gives us quite a show. fireworks are illeagle in iowa, but this guy brings boxes of stuff to sell to us. the boxes are mixmatched stuff and come straight form hong kong. they even have chinese postal markings on them. he sells the stuff for really cheap. the retired sheriff and sevral active LEOs are onhand for celebration. once some one called the cops. the cops go there and just sat on the hi-way and watched. they came in afterwords t otell the shooter it was an awsome show.its the best show i see anywhere, and we are REALLY close. thats usually a wild night, in more than one way.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Try Thunderbolt Fireworks Inc (Cocoa Florida)
(321) 636 7425.
I buy from them for the 4th and for New Years each year. Excellent prices, products and honest people.

A word of advice, if you are not sure what to get, than describe to them what you want and how much you want to spend and they will hook you up. One time I will say I want long lasting fountains and have ($75). Another time i will request the best mortars or whatever and have ($200). They will usually throw in some extra stuff.

Call for a brochure, July is right around the corner.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Hoffman device charges are good! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#9]
in my experiances some of the most fun with fireworks is having a box of stuff you dont know a thing about. the guy that i talked about sometimes jsut sell the unopened boxes. you never know what you will get. but its always a viarity, and always a good time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#10]
You may want to check out Phantom Fireworks.  [url]http://www.phantomfireworks.com/set_homepage.asp?h=default_noflash.asp[/url]

Last time I checked they had decent prices.  You can order or I know they have a bunch of store locations.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:40:11 PM EDT
[#11]
aw man..

No roman candles?
Church burners, bottle rockets, husters do's huster dont's..

Blah I forgot the rest.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Found the web site:

http://www.thunderboltfireworks.com
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Get a plastic bottle fill it with acetyline and oxygen poke a hole and put a napkin for your fuse light it and run like hell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top