Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2001 7:34:42 AM EDT
Had a job lined up...

Yesterday they needed two references....

Got ahold of one...

Out of 4 more people he couldn't reach anyone.

Know why?

They were having a pot luck all day.

Informed this morning the position had been filled by someone else.

Was told "sorry, early bird gets the worm".

man....  [:(]

Link Posted: 4/20/2001 7:37:12 AM EDT
[#1]
don't feel bad man .... BlondieTheHomo locked my name taking thread ! Believe that crap ???
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 7:38:16 AM EDT
[#2]
you never get the job you want-just the one you take to cover the bills.

I have been trying to get stable, gov job for years-gotta be a minority/handicapped/woman to get any job with them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
don't feel bad man .... BlondieTheHomo locked my name taking thread ! Believe that crap ???
View Quote

IF you were God, why didn't you stop him from doing that????

[;)]

And I wouldn't be throwing around terms like "homo." Its juvenile and VERY uncool.

I don't like the idea of banning anyone, but dude, you are wearing thin. This forum belongs to someone else. Shape up, or ship out.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Man.. it just sucks.

I've been commuting to San Jose for a year now. 5 god damn hour commute.

This job was in Sacramento.. 45 minutes away..

Job... not for me... why? Because people were eating lunch.

I am pissed off and sad.

I don't know if I should break something or cry.

Man...
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:20:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Put me down for a reference. I will say what ever you want. Unless you are clainming that I am your gay lover or something. I do have my limits of deceit (and self-respect)

Brian
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:21:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

IF you were God, why didn't you stop him from doing that????

[;)]

And I wouldn't be throwing around terms like "homo." Its juvenile and VERY uncool.

I don't like the idea of banning anyone, but dude, you are wearing thin. This forum belongs to someone else. Shape up, or ship out.
View Quote

Gman if you wanna be a Moderator ... why don't you just email Ed and ask him....I'm sure he needs a few more good Blondies....ummmmmm.....men.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:32:59 AM EDT
[#7]
FTP- Sorry man, that sucks.  

Don't break anything until you can afford to replace it and tears are free.

If you don't mind getting your ass kicked on a daily basis and wiping feces out of other peoples butts I could get you a job in Pittsburg, which is a little closer than SJ. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 10:37:26 AM EDT
[#8]
HOMO
HOMO
HOMO
I kind of like the word myself. Really pisses some people off.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 11:16:56 AM EDT
[#9]
McGod, if you have a legitimate complaint, feel free to e-mail myself or anyone else higher in command than "troll".
If you just want to badmouth people, your threads will get locked or deleted. Simple enough?

-McBlondieTheHomo...
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Had a job lined up...

Yesterday they needed two references....

Got ahold of one...

Out of 4 more people he couldn't reach anyone.

Know why?

They were having a pot luck all day.

Informed this morning the position had been filled by someone else.

Was told "sorry, early bird gets the worm".

man....  [:(]

View Quote

I dunno. I see it differently.

An employer that would hire someone while not having checked out ALL the applicants completely, and pull the rug out from under you like that,  is NOT the kind of guy I'd want to work for.

I think he'd be pulling all kind of BS mind games on you on long as you were employed there.

I say "Count yer blessings..."

Link Posted: 4/20/2001 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#11]
[IMG]www.pickupmagic.com/me.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#12]
[img]web-comm.com/ar15/ls012773.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 1:58:55 PM EDT
[#13]
The Glockcop?
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I have another phone line that I give out as past employers. I answer the phone as whatever company you make up, then when they call, either my wife or I gives a glowing reference, ie; When he left all our clientele went with him and we had a hard time getting back on our feet after he left. Good looking sob too.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Is that THE Glockcop?

The Glockcop that was gonna meet with Drew?

If so Ar15's prodical son has returned!!!!
Welcome back.[:)]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#16]
lifes a bitch and then you die.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 2:59:05 PM EDT
[#17]
What kind of job was it?  If you have good credentials or body of experience, references are not looked at.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#18]
ATTENTION ALL:  I Kicked GlockCop's ASS !

It took him this long to return to his computer.

Don't believe the following movie:

[img]web-comm.com/ar15/stick.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#19]
hey FTS - maybe we're neighbors - what kinda of work do ya do? I am conected to a wide variety of resources - email me if ya want - and if nuthin else maybe we can just go waste some ammo and down a couple beers! [beer] And I agree with Garandpa - ya prolly dont wanna work for the flake!
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#20]
They were having a pot luck all day
View Quote

"Potluck"? That's what your "references" were having? Well, unless you were applying for a job as a drug dealer, it's no wonder you didn't get the job! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Frank, this is called a shitty day. They end at midnight. Do not carry todays shit, tomarrow.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#22]

[img]web-comm.com/ar15/ls012773.jpg[/img]

Lawdy Lawdy Massa Frank?!?!
You'se been cheated out's da job!
Fight da power!
Fight Whitey!
Stand up like i'se do!
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
ATTENTION ALL:  I Kicked GlockCop's ASS !

It took him this long to return to his computer.

Don't believe the following movie:

[img]web-comm.com/ar15/stick.gif[/img]
View Quote

Nothing like a friendly game of Roshambeau(South Park Style!)
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 6:09:11 AM EDT
[#24]
I thought Drew changed his name to Werd on the new board, besides there seems to be a truce between the two.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#25]
You know what really sucks? Driving at work, and getting hit head-on by a teeny bopper with a week old license.  It's having three screwed up discs in your neck so that anything involving arm movement hurts like hell for days. It really sucks when you are either mean as hell because the pain is driving you crazy or half stoned on painkillers to the point that you can't function..
 It's having no job, no ability to earn a living, and trying to raise a family on the kindness of an insurance company.......
 It's having your vehicle in the body shop for six weeks and not having any work done on it because the shop owner is an asshole........
 It,s being a white man and trying to get help from a social welfare agency and getting turned down not because you don't qualify, but because you're a white man........
  Need I go on????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top