Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2001 8:48:19 PM EDT
I am considering purchasing an AR-15. I live in NC, and there are no State Regs. concerning this weapon (I checked). I cannot get a straight answer from the ATF however. Does anyone know what is required to obtain a Post-ban AR-15? Permits? Licenses? Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I recently moved from the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia to North Carolina.  Don't worry, North Carolina is a free state.  You just need to go to your local gun dealer, pick out what you want, do a background check and pay them.  There is no registration and no permit required to buy a long gun in NC.  I know this because the first thing I did when I arrived there from the communist state I was living in was to buy an Armalite and a Bushmaster.  Enjoy your freedom while you have it and exercise your constitutional right.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 7:57:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:00:42 AM EDT
[#4]
As a former NC resident (I moved to the FREE-er state of SC) I concur with the other two posters. Go to your dealer, pick one out, fill out Form 4473, wait three minutes, pony up the cash for the rifle, buy a case of ammo, and blast away.

And let me also give a big thumbs up for doing your homework and checking out the laws and regs.

ATF is a useless organization when it comes to explianing laws. Their only function is to jail people for the laws they refuse to explain to the general public.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:09:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Garand Shooter:

Free-er? Hmm.... lets see you get any C3 weapons down there.[-!-!-]
View Quote

Hmmm...who needs the gov'ts permission to buy a handgun??? Yup, you do. I don't.

Class III is pretty irrelevant to most anyone who has less $$$ than sense.

[;)]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:13:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top