Page / 3
Posted: 4/18/2001 7:02:05 PM EDT
Well, what do you guys think?
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/030/3C/52/5d/fp99633.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#2]
The front looks nice, I'd like to can the natural born killer routine.
TF
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 7:23:33 PM EDT
[#3]
So that's 2 votes for removing the skull?  Just leave the 2 crossed M4's?
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/022/79/fD/jx/0528594.jpg[/img]
Are you sure?
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 7:27:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn I like it. More rifle looks good though. Put your screen name on the other side of the front logo and the 2nd amendment on the back under the logo. Also I go with the TEAM AR15.COM  [sniper]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 9:04:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the "TEAM" idea very much, good job Garand.  It presents itself more as advertising a particular group of people, than just a bunch of guns on a website.  It gives people the impression we are expert shooters of some kind, or some kind of elite personnel  (HA!)

No, I do not like the skull either.  The front looks great though, maybe a three-shot group or other picture, but that just looks too "sophomoric".  This should be a professional looking shirt (to an extent).

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#7]
to skull or not to skull.  before these shirts are made, ask yourself if you want people seeing the shirt to think your a death monger or a normal person that believes in firearms & the 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, didn't think of that.  Were this "HuntingRifles.com" that would be different, but considering we're dealing with assault rifles, NYShooter has a great point.  Please do not use the skulls for "social sensitivity" reasons, but overall we like what you got so far.  Kudos!

Jew~
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 10:15:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Shirt looks great! The back side would be cool at the right places such as at a heavy metal concert. I have to agree with everyone else that the skull would not be politically correct. I also like the other members suggestions.

Say, can I order one just like that from you and another one with the suggested posts?

Dan
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#10]
It is very cool.  I would get it, but I do agree that sheeple would fear it.  anything from Ed about using this??  
[img]www.ar15.com/forums/images/logo.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 1:14:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Besides, the skull is blocking those precious M4's. They used to sell AR15.com shirts on the old board. I didn't like them because they had the Polo shirt look(AR15.com in small letters above breast). I think something with a fairly large picture of a AR (preferrably a M4). I also like the "team AR15.com" idea, as well as the option of putting your board callsign on below it. 2nd amendment quote on the back is a good idea too.[8D]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 2:03:50 AM EDT
[#12]
[img]http://www.jps.net/badzorak/ar15.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 2:30:17 AM EDT
[#13]
For the back of the shirt I think it would look cool to have a number of different variations/configurations of the AR.
Flat-Top
Shorty
Collapsible Stock
and stuff like that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 3:35:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I agree nix the skulls and I also agree with Jthompson put different models of the gun on the shirt.  Maybe you could use 3 models to represent the majority of the members a DCM model, a M4, and a flat topped scoped bull barrel varmint upper type. This would just about represent everyone. Put at the bottom "the ultimate sport utility rifle"
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 3:39:56 AM EDT
[#15]
IMHO, Loose the skull. It'd make the shirt counterproductive at the grocery store/mall.

Might draw the unwanted attention of some Mall Ninja types, if you know what I mean.

BTW, skull or no skull, I still want 2 in XXL [:D]

Eric The Hun
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:25:42 AM EDT
[#16]
O.K. O.K. gonna lose the skull.  Here are some tid bits on screen printing.  If you want your user name on it that's going to up the price of the shirt $8-$10 because the printers will have to make a seperate screen for each shirt, and it'll only be used one time.  Dan sorry, but I'll only have one model, the screens for the one as posted will be close to $100, I'd prefer one that enough people want that I can get my $100 back I love you guys, but not that much.[;)]  Now for a little help from you guys, anyone out there have any high res pics of AR's? Pre or Post ban?  I prefer Pre but.........
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:28:35 AM EDT
[#17]
How about some graphics on the sleeves?   You could have TEAM on them or something...

I too say nix the Skull.  How about something like the White House there instead. lol, or Congress.

Under the Crossed AR's,

Don't Tread on my RIGHTS!

ya ya, I know.  [heavy]

Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:33:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Same thing with the sleeves 7, it'll up the price of the shirt.  I think they told me $5-$7.  Anyway I'll be more concrete on the prices when they get back with me.  Of course I'm going to change the back and that'll mess them up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:39:08 AM EDT
[#19]
I say leave the skull, and add some brains oozing out of it.  I'm sure that there's something on [url]www.rotten.com[/url] we can use.  That, and we can put our usernames on it, so we can walk around with skull shirts that say SuperSnyper and NinjaWarrior and Death Dealer and I_Luv_To_Kill and Babies Shot While You Wait and other hella kewl names.  That way the sheeple will finally give me the respect that I deserve!

Geeeeeez, don't we ever learn?  The other guys are winning because they are fighting the cultural war and we're not.  We don't need to further isolate ourselves out of a sense of insular frustration.  TEAM AR15.com shirts with a SUBTLE, professional logo might actually do us some good.

And last, but not least, why the crosshairs?  Makes me kind of nervous.  Why not add a red laser dot on the front?

P.S.:  I don't mean to sound like a total ass (just an added bonus, I guess).  The logo as posted does look really cool and it was well done; I just don't think it's all that great an idea for public display, is all.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:45:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Cible, I did consider the red laser dot on the front!  Read my last post please. Actually, I kinda figured the skull would be too much, especially when my wife saw it and said pretty much the same thing Cible posted.  My cousin really likes to do the dark 'evil' stuff though, and I think it looks cool even if it sends the wrong message.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 5:55:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 6:01:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Garand Shooter:
Yeah, maybe add some bullet holes in place of the skull, a nice tight 3 shit group.

View Quote

What is a "3 shit group???"

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Nix the skull. A pic of an AR is a must.

Are we talking polos, or T's here?? I prefer polos.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 6:10:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Scratch the skull and I'm in-I like the "TEAM AR15.com" idea too!
Finnbear out
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 8:54:25 AM EDT
[#25]
ditto on nixing the skull and for adding team ar15.com with user name under team
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#26]
All suggestions will be considered, keep'em coming.  thebeekeeper, I guess it's a private deal, all I'm really interested in is getting my money back out of the deal, I'm not doing it to make anything although I'm going to add an extra dollar on to each shirt to donate to the server fund as per Ed Avila's suggestion.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm DEFINATELY in for (2) shirts.

If you are doing T-shirts, DON'T use black. Black is too much associated with the Harris / Klebold types (Hey, I KNOW its BS, but that is public perception these days) We DON'T need to fight any UNNECESARY battles.

Prefer white or heather grey.

I like the "Team AR15.com" concept. And especially the "Defending the Second Amendment" concept.

Also, add $2-5 per shirt for Ed Avila's expenses associated with the site. Its the LEAST we can do.

Link Posted: 4/19/2001 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#28]
CIB,

I know exactly what you mean about the extra expense for the username underneath. I tried to get a t-shirt together for a course I was going through and all that extra stuff just adds up and makes it cost-prohibitive.

I like the back logo, minus the skull, plus the TEAM concept. This shirt's purpose from what I can figure is basically to show your(the wearer's) support for one of their favorite meeting places on the internet. How better than a big chest-sized billboard? :)

My $0.02 worth is to ask Ed if you can use the site logo with the word TEAM on the front, then the crossed M4s under a Holosight kind of red dot on the back. Reason being is that, though I know some do, not many AR users use traditional-type scopes for most of their shooting.

Anyway, just a thought. If it looks sharp and not too preachy, I'd take one, and I'm sure most here would.

Cntr
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#29]
cib: i'll take one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Skull bites...had something like this in basic training(with skull)-never wore it once-WAY too gun ho for the average civilian shirt.  Black would be the coolest-BUT black rifles on a black shirt may not be the best.  I would proably get rid of the crosshairs on the front and add a small 'quote' line below the ar15.com like "home of the black rifle" or somthing cool.
Just my .00002 worth.

Did anybody else order a polo from FNFAL.COM?  Ordered one about 3 months ago for 40 bucks and still have not seen it.  Wish they would tell us what the the hell is going on.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#31]
I like WWOODWORTH's concept. Also I don't mind Black just make sure they are of pretty good quality. Like Hanes Beefy t. Polo's with that much Graphic will be much money, but you might check or offer option of Collared T-shirts. I have did this before and its best to KISSS(keep it super simple stupid). Watch out I once got burned on t-shirt quality by a company I had used a couple of times. The third time they said they would use a different shirt but of the same quality -WRONG. Try to make the shirt appealing to as many people as possible in both design and price. Remeber you are selling to the masses and the majority of us are broke because we spent all our money on guns ans ammo.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#32]
CIB, this is the general synopsis of what people want in the shirt:

1.)  Lose the skull
2.)  Although some want polo, most want T.
3.)  The "TEAM" idea seems to be very popular
4.)  About half and half on who wants crossed M4's, and who wants DCM, M4, Varmint, etc as back logo
5.)  Good quality is a must (I agree, I will happily pay 5 extra bucks for a T- that will last twice as long)
6.)  Heard some complaints on "black gun on black t-shirt".  White is definately a good option.

As far as personal opinions, a good quality T-shirt with:

Team
AR15.com

...on front seems very nice.  I say use the AR15.com letters we have now (i.e. yellow AR15.com, with the .com slightly smaller).  Definately throw in a buck or two extra to help pay for this wonderful site.  Otherwise, keep up the good work and I'll take an (1) XL when the product is finished  [8D]

Jew~
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#33]
CIB,
I can help you with the hi-rez scan. Only problem is I own a 20" postban. I'm sure a preban would look better on the shirt. If someone near me (I'm in Berks County) wants to drop off their M4 for a few days. [}:D]

I will take the images on a clean background and burn to CD for you.
This is what my rig looks like and that's not my idea of a hi-rez scan.
Of course thats not the clean background either...
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1495478&a=12434565&p=45645600&Sequence=1&res=high[/img]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm kinda partial to the "three gun set" - M4, 20" HBAR, and bull barrel, pictured above.

Just one man's opinion....
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 12:58:13 PM EDT
[#35]
I like the three gun idea too, Looks like a great idea. Count me and my wife in!!
P.S. Will you do them in 2xl for us big bears?
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#36]
3 gun set (show off variety of our fav. rifle)

White Quality T

"TEAM" and no skull.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 1:58:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Garand Shooter:
Yeah, maybe add some bullet holes in place of the skull, a nice tight 3 shot group.

And maybe put the word TEAM in smaller letters above AR15 and put TEAM AR15.COM on the back.

just my .002

edited cause I made a boo-boo
View Quote

I realy like this idea. Get them done I want 3.
[8D]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Frank,

I like your design the best!!  LOL [:)]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Instead of white or black T's (how many of those do you already have?), how about Olive or Sand-colored?  The designs would stand out well, and they would work equally well with jeans or BDUs.

-Troy
View Quote

Your right Troy!  I change my vote to Sand.  I don't like black too much, and white does get off-white pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Rogue Star:
Quoted:
Instead of white or black T's (how many of those do you already have?), how about Olive or Sand-colored?  The designs would stand out well, and they would work equally well with jeans or BDUs.

-Troy
View Quote

Your right Troy!  I change my vote to Sand.  I don't like black too much, and white does get off-white pretty quickly.
View Quote

Sand or OD green is good.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Another possibility is setting up a reputable shop that does screen printing AND embroidery, and merely publicizing the business and costs here.  I set up our company shirts at a great shop in Decatur Alabama, and we could call anytime and order any shirt, any style, any color, any cost with the official logo.  Adding a name using the embroidery machine is simple.  The initial setup cost for the embroidery is based on the stitch count, not the number of colors.   Most such shops have about ten catalogs with shirts from various makers on hand.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ok, my $.02 worth....
The front is cool.
Yeah, for our cause, we need to drop the skull.  I do like the "Team AR15.com" at the top of the back, 3 or so different rifles (M4, 20 HBAR, 24" Varmint to please as many as possible), and "Defending the 2nd Amendment" at the bottom.  Something like this (no ragging on me about it, it took 4 minutes to make).  Feel free to edit the graphics or whatever.  
[img]home.att.net/~mournblade/teamar.jpg[/img]

Will try to get a better looking one done up, but for now.....

[8D]
WWoodworth

'Pain heals.  Chicks dig scars.  Glory lasts forever....'
View Quote

WW, thats awesome.

CIB you have mail.
I sent in before I saw WW's post. oh well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:23:35 PM EDT
[#46]
one more for burying the skull - otherwise looks good.  Can we have white too?
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#47]
I like the original except the skull thing. Color Black looks good to me also.  Someone else suggested a nice shot group instead of the skull and I like that idea.  I'll take at least 2 1 XL and 1 Med.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Sand or OD sounds good. Count me in for at least 3 in [b]XL[/b].

(OOps, I had put an extra X in there -- I meant XL)
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#49]

Are we talking polos, or T's here?? I prefer polos.
View Quote

I would like to see both. The polos would only have the emblem in small print on the front and the tees would have the different models on the back. I prefer the models in black and not the olive green.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Put me down for a t shirt
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top