Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/15/2014 8:23:51 AM EDT
HOLY COW!  I live in Huntsville.  Awesome!  Hey Cuomo: SUCK IT!

Yellowhammer News Article

High level sources have informed Yellowhammer News that Remington, one of the world’s largest gun manufacturers, will on Monday join Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley in announcing that they are moving jobs from their largest manufacturing facility in New York to Alabama.

Remington’s Ilion, NY plant currently employees around 1,200 people. It will likely stay open, but with a greatly reduced workforce. Sources say the company will be bringing over 2,000 jobs with them to Alabama with an estimated impact on Alabama’s economy of $87 million.

According to Remington’s website, the company designs, produces and sells sporting goods products for the hunting and shooting sports markets, as well as military, government and law enforcement markets. Founded in 1816 in upstate New York, the Company is one of the nation’s oldest continuously operating manufacturers. Remington is the only U.S. manufacturer of both firearms and ammunition products and one of the largest domestic producers of shotguns and rifles. The Company distributes its products throughout the U.S. and in over 55 foreign countries.

Remington first began considering relocating after the New York legislature passed the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement (SAFE) Act in response to the tragic shootings in Newtown, Conn. In addition to banning magazines that contain more than seven rounds and requiring instant background checks on ammo purchases,  the NY SAFE Act broadened the definition of so-called “assault weapons” to include a wide range of guns, including the Bushmaster, which was being manufactured at Remington’s New York plant.

Almost half the states in the country have made pitches to Remington, included Arizona, Oklahoma, Michigan, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. But in the end, the company chose Huntsville, Ala.

Remington

The optics could not be worse for New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who told WCNY radio host Susan Arbetter about a month ago that “extreme conservatives” who are “right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay,” have “no place in the state of New York.”

Gov. Bentley and Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard both immediately responded to Cuomo’s comments.

“In Alabama we strongly support and uphold our great U.S. Constitution on which our nation and our states were founded,” Bentley told Yellowhammer. “The Constitution serves to protect individual Freedoms. Among them are those guaranteed in the Second Amendment, which protects the right of the people to keep and bear Arms. We will protect the Freedoms of individuals and welcome any one or any company to Alabama to discover as so many have, that we are a pro-business state filled with good, hardworking people.”

“If he doesn’t want hard working pro-life and pro-2nd Amendment people in his state, we will gladly take them here in Alabama,” Speaker Hubbard added.

It looks like that’s exactly what is happening.

Yellowhammer will have full coverage of the announcement on Monday.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 8:25:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Finally. That's great news. They need more room anyway.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow a third plant!
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Excellent news!

I'm sure that Gov. Cumhole's new business incentive programs will pick up the slack!

Link Posted: 2/15/2014 8:41:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Alright, I'm excited.  Fuck searching on this news!  It needs to be posted one million times.  
If it was a Justin Beaver thread reposted 30 times I'd be pissed too but it's not.  This is a defeat for Cuomo and the other fuckers in New York and elsewhere.

Oh, and FBHO.

Link Posted: 2/15/2014 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#8]
and thats on the short list for retirement.
nice.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 9:25:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
nice.
View Quote

It's a great place.  Lots of pretty country around here, North and East of Huntsville if you want someplace out in the country but close enough to a town.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Alright, I'm excited.  Fuck searching on this news!  It needs to be posted one million times.  
If it was a Justin Beaver thread reposted 30 times I'd be pissed too but it's not.  This is a defeat for Cuomo and the other fuckers in New York and elsewhere.

Oh, and FBHO.

View Quote

This. It's important that people see this kinda thing happening.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's a great place.  Lots of pretty country around here, North and East of Huntsville if you want someplace out in the country but close enough to a town.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
nice.

exactly what I want.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#12]
$87 million, huh?  
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 9:34:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, and FBHO.

THANK YOU.

Oh, and FBHO.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

exactly what I want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
nice.

exactly what I want.

Nah man. Come to TN. We have Beretta and Barrett. We have air assault and other swoopy shit. I want to pick your brain.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 10:31:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Since all the gun makers are moving to the South we should invade the North. Turn-about is fair play.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 10:35:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nah man. Come to TN. We have Beretta and Barrett. We have air assault and other swoopy shit. I want to pick your brain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
nice.

exactly what I want.

How hard is it to remove the ink from your fingers when you apply for a CCW?
Alabama- Yeah, I pay 10 bucks for my CCW, but no fingerprints, classes, blah, blah.

Tennessee
To obtain a handgun carry permit in Tennessee, you must first successfully complete a Handgun Safety Course offered by a handgun safety school that is certified by the Department of Safety. Tennessee will now accept two forms used by the Military which capture combat pistol training (CG-3029, DD-2586, DA-88-R and AF-522). These forms can now be used to verify military handgun training.

You should then make application at any full service Driver Service Center. You will need to bring with you the original copy of your safety course completion certificate, Proof of US Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency, photo identification such as your Driver License, and $115 NON-REFUNDABLE permit fee. This fee may be paid in cash, money order or with a certified check. If there are no problems with the application and you meet all eligibility requirements, you should receive your permit within 90 days of the date you submit your application.

When your application is processed at the Driver Service Center, you will be given instructions on being fingerprinted. Effective July 1, 2005, all handgun permit applicants seeking a new permit must provide Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency.

Even though a person has a permit and is authorized to possess or carry a firearm pursuant to T.C.A. 39-17-1315 or 39-17-1351, there are restrictions as to where firearms may be carried. Additional information pertaining to possession of and carrying a firearm are listed by Tennessee Annotated Code and Subject Matter. More information can be obtained online from the Tennessee Annotated Code Lookup

Processing
? Applications are received and reviewed in the Handgun Carry Permit Office.
? Proper documentation is forwarded to three (3) different agencies: (TBI, FBI, County Sheriff).
? Upon a name search approval from TBI, the permit can be issued within ninety (90) days from date of application.
? Upon issuance, the handgun carry permit will be mailed to the applicant.
? Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
? Fees Are Non-Refundable

got no time fo all dat!
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Since all the gun makers are moving to the South we should invade the North. Turn-about is fair play.
View Quote

Theres nothing up there but cold and damn yankees. We should build a wall and keep them out. I propose starting that wall between Ashland and Fredricksburg. Unfortunately that leaves Mt Vernon and Arlington House and Cemetery behind enemy lines but lets face it Nova is lost.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are a few moving in with the westerners.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bring it as there are some Yankees who are ready to stand with their southern brothers of another mother
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#20]
This makes me happy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 10:54:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This makes me happy.
View Quote

Yep.

Link Posted: 2/15/2014 10:56:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Sweet, was going to Savage over a Rem 700 action in the future... now I'll wait until I see AL on the receiver.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 10:56:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

got no time fo all dat!
View Quote

I've had both permits. I don't miss Tennessee's.

Link Posted: 2/15/2014 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Bring it as there are some Yankees who are ready to stand with their southern brothers of another mother
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have some extra mags to help with the fight.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 10:57:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Great news for Alabama. For once.

The usual is pretty bad.

Link Posted: 2/15/2014 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good one.............
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
nice.

exactly what I want.

tri-cities is also on the list.

but if you think I will go anywhere west of nashville you are crazy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

exactly what I want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
nice.

exactly what I want.

Not that you need further encouragement and not that I am telling you anything you don't already know, but there's a ton of work for retired .mil guys here. It's a really nice area.

Link Posted: 2/15/2014 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Cumhole will just deny they are leaving altogether.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 11:22:48 AM EDT
[#30]
In other news Remington will now manufacture yogurt in upstate New York.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Fuck. Now those assholes are gonna clog up the Robert Trent Jones golf trail.

Good job, cuomo. Fuckstick.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Wonderful, another weapon manufacturer in the south in case we have to rise again.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Commrade Cuomo eats poo poo.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Dupe or not, good news needs repeating.  Thanks for sharing.  I look forward to seeing the "official" announcement posted several times as well!

Link Posted: 2/15/2014 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
$87 million, huh?  
View Quote

First thing that popped out to me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wait for me to move down there first
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Whatever  ... I had to work overtime today so not only didn't I miss the memo, I also missed the E-Mail and the other two threads.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Damn, just might consider moving back.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I got 3 - 4 more inches of snow this morning.
Driving in The Snow would mess you up so badly....

PS: Fuck Il Duce
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Great news for Alabama. For once.

The usual is pretty bad.

View Quote

you do have Mercedes-Benz and Hyundai, so there's good jobs down there
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Great, now I have to worry about what will happen to plant if it ever snows in AL.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#43]
good
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

This makes me happy.
View Quote
Me too.  I still thing I'd pick Tennessee if I were to move to the southeast.

Link Posted: 2/15/2014 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This makes me happy.

We're only 1.5 hours north of Birmingham, just north of Huntsville in case you want to drive on paved roads, wear shoes, and stuff...

Good news for Huntsville, as their economy has suffered in recent years due to the cutbacks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Wonderful, another weapon manufacturer in the south in case we have to rise again.
View Quote

because y'all forgot about that shit the first time around, didn't you?
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Speeding up the conversion from production to cost creation. The sooner NY gets flagged as -money the better. The *&^%ing politicians create nothing but money sinks. +taker, -producer
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Alabama- Yeah, I pay 10 bucks for my CCW, but no fingerprints, classes, blah, blah.

Tennessee

got no time fo all dat!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Tennessee
To obtain a handgun carry permit in Tennessee, you must first successfully complete a Handgun Safety Course offered by a handgun safety school that is certified by the Department of Safety. Tennessee will now accept two forms used by the Military which capture combat pistol training (CG-3029, DD-2586, DA-88-R and AF-522). These forms can now be used to verify military handgun training.

You should then make application at any full service Driver Service Center. You will need to bring with you the original copy of your safety course completion certificate, Proof of US Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency, photo identification such as your Driver License, and $115 NON-REFUNDABLE permit fee. This fee may be paid in cash, money order or with a certified check. If there are no problems with the application and you meet all eligibility requirements, you should receive your permit within 90 days of the date you submit your application.

When your application is processed at the Driver Service Center, you will be given instructions on being fingerprinted. Effective July 1, 2005, all handgun permit applicants seeking a new permit must provide Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency.

Even though a person has a permit and is authorized to possess or carry a firearm pursuant to T.C.A. 39-17-1315 or 39-17-1351, there are restrictions as to where firearms may be carried. Additional information pertaining to possession of and carrying a firearm are listed by Tennessee Annotated Code and Subject Matter. More information can be obtained online from the Tennessee Annotated Code Lookup

Processing
? Applications are received and reviewed in the Handgun Carry Permit Office.
? Proper documentation is forwarded to three (3) different agencies: (TBI, FBI, County Sheriff).
? Upon a name search approval from TBI, the permit can be issued within ninety (90) days from date of application.
? Upon issuance, the handgun carry permit will be mailed to the applicant.
? Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
? Fees Are Non-Refundable

got no time fo all dat!

Ink? Does anyone still do fingerprints in ink?

I get fingerprinted pretty often for work, I've been fingerprinted several times over the last 18 years for carry permits and I haven't had fingerprints taken using ink since my first permit in 1996.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
nice.
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top