Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/2/2014 12:29:57 PM EDT
anybody else having issues?

ill start off buying saying i am one of the millions that are. i am a worker over the last year my company was real slow had to go on partial unemployment which chewed up my weeks then had to go on euc. i know people like to ride it out but i have been looking for work but its not easy. i was terminated dec 9th not becuase of anything i did just becuase they couldnt afford to keep me. my wife does work and we are doing ok i just may have to sale a gun or two but thats for other essentials for the family. i am sure there are alot of ppl worse off then i am i would like to here some other stories. if u want to flame me becuase of this i would like to say understand i just got laid of perm dec 9th i am 32 years old with 17 years of work history and first time using unemployment and i look everyday for work
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#1]
What exactly is the issue?

I have friends that say the unemployment system is a mess and some even refuse to use it because it's so frustrating to keep jumping through all the hoops they throw at you

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, what's the problem again?
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there a question in that post or are you bragging, complaining, or what?
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#4]
ok so like u may have to sale a gun?
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not understanding the post

BTW punctuation and sentence structure might help with future employment
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:41:08 PM EDT
[#6]
having been on unemployment before and being on it now, make sure your job search logs are filled out, if it isnt and they do a job log review for that particular date and you have no explination as to why it isnt filled out propperly then you will get a full job log review meeting at a later date, go to this dont say screw it and miss it, make sure you recieve a letter stating you have the mandatory review, keep it, if you miss the mandatory second job log review at least in washington state they will cut off your benefits and fine you what they had paid you already, i never got the second notification in the mail and they added a grand to what i owed them saying it was a "fine".
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#7]
The problem as of dec 28th. Anybody on euc did not recieve there $$$ including me
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I have no problem with someone who through no fault of their own finds themselves unemployed. I have been there. What I have a problem with is people that stay on it for extended periods of time ( more than 3-6 months ). If you cannot find a job in 3-6 months then you are not looking hard enough or don't want to work.
Sometimes finding a job means you have to take a job you wouldn't take under normal circumstances. Sometimes it means you have to sell out and move.

To the OP. I hope it works out well for you. I had to do this about 15 years ago but found a job within a few weeks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:44:37 PM EDT
[#9]
No flame here.  Unemployment compensation is there for those that need it.  Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.  There is no such thing as loyalty anymore.  The days are gone when one could expect to get in 30+ years with a single employer.

Things are kinda bleak right now where I am - just had a 10% attrition action Friday (aka lay-off).  But the .gov keeps telling me the recession is over.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Why did you stay on the sinking ship while using all your weeks up?
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:46:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What exactly is the issue?

I have friends that say the unemployment system is a mess and some even refuse to use it because it's so frustrating to keep jumping through all the hoops they throw at you

View Quote

Part in red.  On October 15th, I had to lay off three guys that worked for me.  We rehired them last week, and of the three, two didn't get to keep a penny in unemployment and the other one received only $225 total.  One received a lot more, but had to pay it back since he was unavailable for work during the three weeks he collected because he was in job interviews for three or more days during the week so he was considered unavailable for work.  I think we pay about 2% of the first $41,300 of pay in unemployment to the state so it sucks to see them rip-off our former employees like that.z
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I hope your resume is cleaner than your post....
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I was looking for work while on sinking ship i live in swpa not alot of work here, i had a interview last week amd hoping to get a call. There are alot of sinking ships in the area we just bought out house lil over 3 years ago and hate to have to sale this place and move again
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Are you a English teacher
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's my guess.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:56:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe if you knew how to communicate you wouldn't be unemployed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Have you tried any temp agencies?
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was looking for work while on sinking ship i live in swpa not alot of work here, i had a interview last week amd hoping to get a call. There are alot of sinking ships in the area we just bought out house lil over 3 years ago and hate to have to sale this place and move again
View Quote

I thought swpa was doing better due to the natural gas industry.  Good luck in the job search.  I grew up in swpa but I moved after college due to the poor economy.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#20]
That is the sinking ship
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#21]
system needs to be abolished,         I bet people could find a job in a day
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#22]
And yes i know poor english im
A worker not a writter
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Wife hasn't worked since June.... Obamacare pretty much closed the pharmacy she worked at. No one is hiring around here due to the reduced payments and uncertainty with it....Hasn't even gotten an interview and UI ran out last week.

Welcome to the new normal.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wife hasn't worked since June.... Obamacare pretty much closed the pharmacy she worked at. No one is hiring around here due to the reduced payments and uncertainty with it....Hasn't even gotten an interview and UI ran out last week.

Welcome to the new normal.
View Quote

Maybe she should think outside the box. Is she a pharmacist?
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I thought swpa was doing better due to the natural gas industry.  Good luck in the job search.  I grew up in swpa but I moved after college due to the poor economy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I thought.   We have to send guys to PA because they can not fill positions.
Must be another part of PA.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#26]
No u guys send guys to pa becuase of contracts thats y there are no postions
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:34:53 PM EDT
[#27]
And ur prolly talking bout nwpa like toward towanda pa
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Apply at the 911 call center

I hear they let you sleep on the job and everything

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
And ur prolly talking bout nwpa like toward towanda pa
View Quote

Are you drunk?
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No u guys send guys to pa becuase of contracts thats y there are no postions
View Quote

We hire locally in PA.    But it gets busy and they can not find replacements locally we have to send from our district until things slow down a little.  
We have rigs in a few places in PA.   I think most are near Williamsport.     PA is not that big though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#31]
You need to learn how to communicate with written word.

Not text messages.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm not understanding the post

BTW punctuation and sentence structure might help with future employment
View Quote

Ain't this the fuckin truth. Holy shit I can't believe you had a job to begin with. My first suggestion would be go back and finish High School - especially English / Grammar and probably math and Science. You obviously didn't pay attention in English class - doubt you passed any of the others.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#33]
What in the hell is going on in this thread exactly?

It's like trying to read a bad string of texts...

Speed
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Im asking if anyone else is having problems, not for u to sit back and tell me my issues. There is a good bit going on up near williamsport shell and cheasapeke do alot up there. I did alot up that way i spent majority of 2012 north pa like towanda troy coudersport area. I was workinf 6 days a week 12-14hrs a day my company lost contract then end of 2012 slow. I hung on becuase they were working on a contract with other companys i did look for work but alot of work is leaving pa i know shell has senr majority of there rigs out to ok tx co. The postion i interviewed for is a 6$ a hr loss and wont be as much as unemployment and if i get the call i will lace my damn boots up and work!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Move.

There's plenty of jobs in Texas.

Good luck.
View Quote

We are full.     Fresh out of jobs.    It sucks here.    Yankees melt during the summer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
And yes i know poor english im
A worker not a writter
View Quote

I'm sorry but thats epic, have you been drinking?
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
system needs to be abolished,         I bet people could find a job in a day
View Quote

Yep there has to be 90 million jobs out there just waiting to be filled
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Boo Hoo.. My wife lost her job back in May and the unemployment office has managed to f up everything they can... Still has not recieved a check
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

We are full.     Fresh out of jobs.    It sucks here.    Yankees melt during the summer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Move.

Good luck.

That maybe the plan wife and i are talking about it. I used to drive truck otr amd spent some time in texas. Only state i seen with a day and night speed limit thats smart right there
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Why did you stay on the sinking ship while using all your weeks up?
View Quote

You quit, you lose the right to claim

That said, anybody already on EUC as of 12-28-13, funds are no longer available. This is the big thing with congress doing something about it. Just keep up with your filing of your claim and your job search. If/when congress comes up with a solution, you will get your money retroactive. Find some side work and pray is my best advice. Even if you find suitable employment, the weeks you claimed are still do to you.

Good luck getting in with the gas folks. I looked into working with them, but my age works against me. Only thing offered was 10 bucks an hour and 100 hours a week traveling around doin grunt work 7 days a week. That would be OK if I was 20 something and no responsibilities. Otherwise they brought their own crews with them. Very few jobs they claimed to be bringing to the area panned out. You can make better money and bennies by working for Sheetz. If they get their heads out of their asses, maybe the keystone pipeline will go through and something there will be available........IF
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:04:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That maybe the plan wife and i are talking about it. I used to drive truck otr amd spent some time in texas. Only state i seen with a day and night speed limit thats smart right there
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Move.

Good luck.

Umm, we did away with the night speed limits and upped the speed limit.      I think this was to combat us being full.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#43]
I am not trying to be an ass, but if times are hard shut off the Internet. If you are "thinking" of selling a gun maybe you should. There seems to be a lot of things you could do to support your family instead of waiting on unemployment.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:11:30 PM EDT
[#44]
I hope you had someone else update your resume.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Sorry to hear of your troubles.  Keep looking and don't give up.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Maybe this is not comming out right. We are doing fine wife has a job. Ive worked my entire life uptil dec 9th 2013 ive had a job. I have worked my ass off my house is paid for in cash when i was 29 years old its just no extra $$. I just know there are plenty of pplout there that need the euc til they find a job. Turning phones and internet is not smart u can do alot of research
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I hope you had someone else update your resume.
View Quote

Yes sir wife is a administrative accountant.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

I live in SWPA and there is a metric shit ton of work here.

What do you do?

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Maybe this is not comming out right. We are doing fine wife has a job. Ive worked my entire life uptil dec 9th 2013 ive had a job. I have worked my ass off my house is paid for in cash when i was 29 years old its just no extra $$. I just know there are plenty of pplout there that need the euc til they find a job. Turning phones and internet is not smart u can do alot of research
View Quote

Oh so you are just part of the FSA. Cool bro.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:28:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Op what are your skills?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top