Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2014 4:43:17 PM EDT
http://gizmodo.com/sochis-olympic-village-is-half-built-and-full-of-trash-1512657018

A: they sent the Serbians building everything home too soon,not like they were getting paid anyway
B: I'm sure they're doing a much better job with that "Ring of Steel" than preparing for the games
C:$50 billion doesn't buy what it used to
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Not going to be good
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got concerns about these Olympics

I really hope I'm wrong
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#4]
So if terrorists bomb the place, it will just be a landscaping improvement then...
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So if terrorists bomb the place, it will just be a landscaping improvement then...
View Quote

If it wasn't for the explosion you probably wouldn't even know a bomb went off.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 4:54:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, at least the Olympic convention wont be asking Russia to host again.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#7]
This place is going to be pretty vacant and eerie ghost town after the Olympics
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/30/2014 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm calling bullshit. I'm sure you could go to any city that has been a host and find the same kind of crap. This is just some leftwing moron trying to write a hit piece on Russia because they're mad about the gays.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Shit will hit the fan at these Olympics
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm calling bullshit. I'm sure you could go to any city that has been a host and find the same kind of crap. This is just some leftwing moron trying to write a hit piece on Russia because they're mad about the gays.
View Quote

Two weeks away and it looks like that?  I've heard of cities cutting it close, but good lord.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

All the unfinished stuff is for the gays to live at

Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Ha, looks like a Battlefield 3 map or something.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Two weeks away and it looks like that?  I've heard of cities cutting it close, but good lord.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you know this stuff is even part of the Olympic plans? Like I said, it is some leftwing as posting pictures from god knows where to just trash Russia and Putin.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Slavshit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
In Illinois 11=13

Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Although the progressive wrath on Mother Russia is a hilarious and ironic thing to behold, I think there's actually something to it this time.

For one example, two oligarch brothers who were childhood friends of Vladimir Putin received $7 billion worth of contracts. One was for an undersea pipeline, the final cost of which broke down to about $5.5 million per kilometer, or almost four times as much as the European average.

In another case, a 31-mile rail and road link to the site of the ski and snowboard events cost $8.7 billion, more than the entire cost of the last Winter Olympics. For that price tag, one Russian magazine calculated, the road could have been paved with a centimeter of beluga caviar.

Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In Illinois 11=13  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In Illinois 11=13  

11=13 because I don't just believe any random shit from the internet? Okay smart guy you keep reading what any asshole writes and believe it all as the truth.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:07:42 PM EDT
[#19]
If you had ever seen a completed Russian nuclear submarine or Missile site you would know that that is par for the course in Russian construction. Above par in some areas.
Last time I was there I wondered why we were afraid of Russia for so long -- the only thing in our hotel that worked was the phones --and only because they had been looted from Germany after WWII (really).
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Unfinished buildings.. and? are they really building that are needed or even meant for the olympics?
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How do you know this stuff is even part of the Olympic plans? Like I said, it is some leftwing as posting pictures from god knows where to just trash Russia and Putin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To what end?  The Olympics are gonna happen no matter what anybody says.  We are going to have thousands of eye witnesses to how it is going to look in addition to all the cameras.  I just don't see somebody putting forth the effort when it will change nothing.

Hell you could end up being correct, but see above statement.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Have we figured out exactly which 2 ships the Navy has put in the vicinity?

I know the Turks won't let something as big as an LHD through, but I'm hoping there's at least a LPD around... we're gonna need the sealift when TSHTF.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks awesome.  I wish I had a ticket.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

It'll be quite the place for "urban explorers" and photographers in a couple years.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#26]
This makes me wonder how prepped and ready Brazil is for the world cup
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm sure that every square inch of Atlanta was pristine during the Olympics.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm sure that every square inch of Atlanta was pristine during the Olympics.
View Quote

Before the bombs went off anyway
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
It'll be quite the place for "urban explorers" and photographers in a couple years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

and for squatting krokidil zombies

Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#31]
The article was critical of a lack of grass.

I'd be more worried about a lack of snow.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Is not trash, is camouflage.  Comrade Achmed not know that trash pile hide Olympic Stadium.  Not know where bomb.

Link Posted: 1/30/2014 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Not going to be good
View Quote

FPDNI. First Post Doesn't Nail It.

This is going to be the most exciting olympics in the history of olympics.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#34]
In Soviet Russia, Olympics Game You!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top