Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/13/2014 5:45:33 PM EDT
I wonder what would happen if you were shooting in the woods and a police officer came across you and told you to drop the weapon?

What do you do with the thing strapped to your wrist?

Oh thats right, it's not strapped to your wrist , it's shouldered and thats what is creating the buzz at the ATF and starting the push to reclassify it.

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
At a recent gun show I came across a table with a nice short barreled AR. I shouldered it and thought the stock felt a little odd. Then I realized it was a AR pistol with that ludicrous Sig wrist clamp thing.

Yeah, BATFE is going to shut that down I bet.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked one up a couple of months ago, and I have to say, I can't believe the made it this long.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

At a recent gun show I came across a table with a nice short barreled AR. I shouldered it and thought the stock felt a little odd. Then I realized it was a AR pistol with that ludicrous Sig wrist clamp thing.

View Quote
I don't think they are going to shut it down, what I think is coming is another ATF letter clarifying using as designed and intended.

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Is there talk of the ATF reclassifying it?
I thought it was sort of iffy. I bet it was shoulder more often than strapped to ones arm.
Who couldn't see it being used as shoulder stock and not an arm brace>
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#5]
It doesn't fold up so it should be GTG.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't think they are going to shut it down, what I think is coming is another ATF letter clarifying using as designed and intended.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which will be ignored and they arent going to put someone in front of jury and make the argument it is ok if you do x, but not y. So the status quo will continue.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:01:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I thought it was sort of iffy. I bet it was shoulder more often than strapped to ones arm.

View Quote
The letter from the ATF to sig says used as designed I believe

In other words the ATf knows people are shouldering it and are waiting for a test case?

Anyone here saying they won't fuck gun owners on this issue is delusional according to the track record.

Also, who ever owns one of these ask your self this , how would you like to be a test case where the ATF has you of very clear video at a public gun range shouldering this and never using it as a arm brace strapped to your wrist?

Think you'd get indicted ?

If I have a reg SBR and put a pistol buffer tube on it along with this sig brace think my SBR is no longer an SBR?

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I was at Sig last week and almost bought one. If the ATF reclassifies, they all become illegal?  Or just can't sell any longer?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#10]
If you put a revolver on your shoulder and fire it, does that make it illegal?  

No.

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It doesn't fold up so it should be GTG.
View Quote

Why does that matter? Nothing illegal about a folding buffer tube on a pistol, folding brace should be no different.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#12]
If they haven't done anything about the SlideFire or the new trigger group coming out then why would they worry about re-classifying a stock/brace?  Honestly I'm surprised they allowed any of these things in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In other words the ATf knows people are shouldering it and are waiting for a test case?

Anyone here saying they won't fuck gun owners on this issue is delusional according to the track record.
Also, who ever owns one of these ask your self this , how would you like to be a test case where the ATF has you of very clear video at a public gun range shouldering this and never using it as a arm brace strapped to your wrist?

If I have a reg SBR and put a pistol buffer tube on it along with this sig brace think my SBR is no longer an SBR?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it's still a registered sbr, once a rifle always a rifle, right?
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most people shot their ar15 pistols from the shoulder well before the arm brace came out.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If test case means having a jury decide. Heck no. They'll pop down a true SBR, a pistol with the  SIG brace stock and then a standard AR pistol. Jury is going to look at that and say: (NSFW) Guilty
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wonder what would happen if you were shooting in the woods and a police officer came across you and told you to drop the weapon?
Oh thats right, it's not strapped to your wrist , it's shouldered and thats what is creating the buzz at the ATF and starting the push to reclassify it.
View Quote

Dude just leave it alone already.  Wy do you have such a hard-on against this thing.  If you're worried, don't get one.  All this fear-mongering you're doing in these threads is bullshit, just leave it alone.  Or, do what it looks like you really want to do and write a letter to the ATF detailing how "you're just trying to save your fellow gun owner, but it's your duty to let the ATF know it's being used improperly"

Yikes man, get off it already.

All your threads do is draw negative attention to this thing
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:10:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Most people shot their ar15 pistols from the shoulder well before the arm brace came out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True but we know when it comes ARs and bans it's all about looks. Sad but true.
I'm surprised they approved the brace in it's current form honestly just from the way it looks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I picked up one of the 516 pistols Sig has on display in the Pro Shop here in NH, I shouldered it like a rifle and have to say it's a very comfortable stock.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

No.

If you install something that works as a stock you create an SBR

Your analogy was deceptive

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

If they haven't done anything about the SlideFire or the new trigger group coming out then why would they worry about re-classifying a stock/brace?  Honestly I'm surprised they allowed any of these things in the first place.
View Quote
You think they aren't aren't talking about it in house?

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#21]
If you use a wrench to hammer something it does not make the wrench a hammer.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

An SBR is not a rifle

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

almost sounds like you want them to.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

True, but at that point they didn't install something that looked and acted like a stock right?

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is this the talk around the office special agent?
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People like him do.

We went round and round with posters saying things like that in Ghetto's many page long thread last year.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Just write your fucking letter to the ATF already and stop with these stupid threads.  You're worse than lone survivor guy.  All you do is bitch and whine about this thing.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Dude just leave it alone already.  Wy do you have such a hard-on against this thing.  If you're worried, don't get one.  All this fear-mongering you're doing in these threads is bullshit, just leave it alone.  Or, do what it looks like you really want to do and write a letter to the ATF detailing how "you're just trying to save your fellow gun owner, but it's your duty to let the ATF know it's being used improperly"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

First of all don't call me dude 13er, you haven't been here long enough to know jack shit.

I do moire for the second Amendment in a month than you do all you life.

I don't have anything against this, what I do have is a knowledge that someone is going to pay a tab for this brace when they shoulder it and use it not as intended.

If it's so cut and dry legal why are you worried about sunshine?  

I did not write the ATF Tech branch letter for one reason, that is I know what the outcome will be and it's not good for anyone using this as a shouldering device

Lastly, don't ever tell me or anyone else what to write, this isn't your site, If I break the COC someone one a lot more knowledgable will come along and tell me about it.

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

If you use a wrench to hammer something it does not make the wrench a hammer.
View Quote
How about using an honest comparison?

Like what if you modify a wrench to have a hammer head?

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#31]
I thought about buying the stock/brace to build up a pistol for home defense, not for shooting groups or long distance.
I'm in a state that allows SBR's and could get a CLEO sign off.
My problem is I'm impatient and don't want to go through the hoops of getting the signoff or paying for a Trust. Then the long wait although I've heard 90 days if you can efile.
I could have all the stuff shipped in and put together the same day and go shooting.
I know it doesn't get a lot of love here but to me it doesn't look that bad and would serve the purpose of a decent stock, errr brace
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:24:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit seems like he wants it on a list
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
First of all don't call me dude 13er, you haven't been here long enough to know jack shit.

I don't have anything against this, what I do have is a knowledge that someone is going to pay a tab for this brace when they shoulder it and use it not as intended.

I did not write the ATF Tech branch letter for one reason, that is I know what the outcome will be and it's not good for anyone using this as a shouldering device

Lastly, don't ever tell me or anyone else what to write, this isn't your site, If I break the COC someone one a lot more knowledgable will come along and tell me about it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope your drunk.

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
True, but at that point they didn't install something that looked and acted like a stock right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What difference does it make? At what diameter does the foam cheek rest on your AR pistol make it magically turn into a stock?
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.
They think we sit around thinking up BS stories

Check your IM , I got a call a week ago about this

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Not telling you what to write, just telling you that you're acting like a petulant child with this thing.  You've been beating this horse for a while, and it reeks of something fishy.

You can call me 13er all you want if it makes you feel cool, but at the end of the day your call out threads on this thing make you look like a whiney baby.  Clear enough, DUDE?
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#37]
If the ATF does it will be because of all the f'ing fuds and douchbags crying about it. Just go back to reading your back issues with Zumbo and stay away from inanimate objects that scare you! People like you are worse for gun owners than Pelosi
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll bite then.

Tons of people shoulder-fire their pistol tubes without Sb15s.  So the fuck what?

13er or not that's some serious fucking pretentiousness you've got there.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
An SBR is not a rifle

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

An SBR is not a rifle

Help me out with this one....

Short Barreled R_________
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I haven't dug into it but what's the going price for the brace?
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I haven't dug into it but what's the going price for the brace?
View Quote

about $115.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If the ATF does it will be because of all the f'ing fuds and douchbags crying about it. Just go back to reading your back issues with Zumbo and stay away from inanimate objects that scare you! People like you are worse for gun owners than Pelosi
View Quote

I'll go with this guy less than 100 post since '07 and he uses this months  one to call a spade a spade.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ah, No I don't

I would think the work I have done and still doing for our rights and the tech branch letters I have written and been approved would stand to prove what side I am on and always have been.

I guess you think when what is going to happen does happen I will say I told you so and get some satisfaction from that?

BS

I don't want any gun people getting in a jam because of some over zealous agent or fed prosecutor.

You know how fed prosecutors advance in their careers?

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
No.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

A pistol buffer tube works as a stock.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

An SBR is not a rifle

I guess I shouldn't hold my breath on getting this explained to me
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:40:54 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
What difference does it make? At what diameter does the foam cheek rest on your AR pistol make it magically turn into a stock?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When the ATF decides it's time

They will take a video of some poor schmuck shouldering it at a public range, maybe he even removed the straps from it too.

The Fed prosecutor looks at the video, the guy is using it as a stock (against the "used as designed" clause in the tech branch letter)

Looks at the definition of a rifle in the federal laws and decides he has a case, at that point sig is not going to help because the guy used it not as intended.

I don't want this to happen but stevie wonder could see this coming.

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Not telling you what to write, just telling you that you're acting like a petulant child with this thing.  You've been beating this horse for a while, and it reeks of something fishy.

You can call me 13er all you want if it makes you feel cool, but at the end of the day your call out threads on this thing make you look like a whiney baby.  Clear enough, DUDE?
View Quote
WTF are you talking about?

How many threads do you think I have about this?

Also there are new things out and mopre coming, so keep up or STFU  

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
When the ATF decides it's time
They will take a video of some poor schmuck shouldering it at a public range, maybe he even removed the straps from it too.
The Fed prosecutor looks at the video, the guy is using it as a stock (against the "used as designed" clause in the tech branch letter)
Looks at the definition of a rifle in the federal laws and decides he has a case, at that point sig is not going to help because the guy used it not as intended.

I don't want this to happen but stevie wonder could see this coming.

View Quote

They could do this with a plain pistol buffer tube.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

An SBR is not a rifle

Look up the definitions of weapons

A machine gun (M16), is it a rifle?

A rifle is a classification of weapon

A short barreled rifle is not a rifle

If you want to use generic rifle, a carbine is not a rifle either.

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Jrzy:

In all seriousness, you seem like a good guy and a passionate gun owner.  That said, I don't think this is going to go the way you expected.  I don't think you'll get anyone in here thanking you for your premonitions or outward rally cries against this brace.  If anything, it seems like you have sketchy intentions at best, and bad intentions at worst.

If you want to keep arguing with the whole forum go for it, but just realize that no one is seeing you as a white knight.  Not trying to be a dick, just trying to provide a little insight as to why the backlash.  

Also, if what you say about your efforts with the second amendment are true, I applaud you.  I too work hard to protect our 2A freedoms, and I think at the end of the day we should keep it in perspective that we're all ultimately on the same side
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top