Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2013 4:47:22 PM EDT
I am just starting to get more involved  in the shooting sports and I am interested in getting my own FFL. I am just wondering at what point it would be profitable. Would you say it is worth it for purchasing your own firearms? I have heard good things about ffl123.com. Is it worth it?. Any input would be appreciative. Thanks!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Not an ffl here but frim what i understand you HAVE i make money at it You cannot have it just for your collection
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Forget about it being illegal I don't think it would pay to get an FFL just to enhance your personal collection.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Forget about it being illegal I don't think it would pay to get an FFL just to enhance your personal collection.  
View Quote

find someone to do transfers at a fair price and spend your time with your collection instead of paperwork
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

find someone to do transfers at a fair price and spend your time with your collection instead of paperwork
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This… a decent transfer shouldn't cost you more than $20 or so per transfer… a LOT cheaper than the time and effort you'll expend on an FFL.  Unless you absolutely plan on becoming a business…

That said, look into an FFL03 (C&R License).  That's well worth the small amount of time and money to get, if you like milsurp and historical pieces.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#5]
How about the "benefit" of having the ATF up your ASS all the time?

I looked into it a few years ago (even got a business license) but decided I didn't need the man in my life that much.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#6]
ON another note. I have 3 friends with FFL's out of their homes. They all show legit business by appointment only. Friends and friend of friends only. Do they make money? not much if any. However, 1 went on to become an SOT07 out of it. I think to get an FFL, I would intend on a career change for the hassle though.... which I am not.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:28:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Not an ffl here but frim what i understand you HAVE i make money at it You cannot have it just for your collection
View Quote

You have to be "in the business", but you don't have to make money.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:38:54 PM EDT
[#8]
All good info guys thanks. The more I look into it the more I seem to lean away from it although in my mind it would be cool to work in the "firearms" industry
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:20:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am just starting to get more involved  in the shooting sports and I am interested in getting my own FFL. I am just wondering at what point it would be profitable. Would you say it is worth it for purchasing your own firearms? I have heard good things about ffl123.com. Is it worth it?. Any input would be appreciative. Thanks!!
View Quote

Personal purchases only?  Illegal. not worth inviting the feds into your life..

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
illegal, forget it chief

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top