Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/20/2013 5:41:12 PM EDT
Legacy Sports International has the M1 Carbine in 22 Lr

They are coming out shortly with the M1 carbine chambered in 9mm

I have been waiting for just such a little carbine after I sold the 2 marlin camp 9's I had for such a ridiculous price I think anyone would have.

The M1 in 9 mm in a compact little carbine will be a nice addition to a collection I think, I hope it goes well and they release a .45 too.

I had one Marlin carbine ion .45 years ago but when they started selling for over 700 I sold it, you can't even find one now.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/04/25/citadel-m1-carbine-9mm/
I hope it take S&W mags

http://www.legacysports.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=52&cntnt01returnid=47

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Take my money now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#2]
That seems like such an obvious no-brainer that you have to wonder why nobody ever attempted it before.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I love 9mm carbines, take my money right fucking now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope they are built well.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope Legacy chooses a good common 9mm magazine. I would say Glock mags would be a good choice since they come in 10rd to 33rd.

There is a definite market for a good reasonably priced pistol carbine. Something a little better looking than the Hi-Point.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:50:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That seems like such an obvious no-brainer that you have to wonder why nobody ever attempted it before.
View Quote

iver johnson did.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Shutupandtakemymoney.jpg
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:51:14 PM EDT
[#8]
That looks cool...
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Do want
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Shutupandtakemymoney.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Take my money now.
View Quote

I'm gonna have to go with THIS.

Looks like it takes a pistol magazine, and it looks to be metal. Maybe Beretta 92 magazines?
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I hope they are built well.
View Quote

Last week we finally got one of Legacy's wood stock .22 M-1 carbines in. From a few feet away it is hard to tell it from a real .30 M-1. I looked it over closely and I was impressed with the quality of the finish and smooth action, but I haven't got to fire one yet.

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Awesome! A synthetic bayonet mount!
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:53:12 PM EDT
[#14]
cool. It should be CT legal
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#15]
If it's well built, and available in .45?
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Chamber one in the original Norma-spec 10mm Auto, and I'm in.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Want want want wanty want want!

It would be awesome if 9mm repliguns would be the next big thing.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:55:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Looks like it takes a pistol magazine, and it looks to be metal. Maybe Beretta 92 magazines?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Take my money now.

Oh please let it be so!
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Take my money now.

God, if it does the Marlin Camp carbines are getting sold and I'll buy three of them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Take my money now.

Iver Johnson made one that took BHP mags.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:58:41 PM EDT
[#21]
An m1c in 5.56 = shutup and take my money.  9mm/.30 carbine are about the same, why not have an original as carbine ammo is not hard to find in my AO.

No, not a mini14, a carbine in 5.56.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

cool. It should be CT legal
View Quote
Yes and NY too. I hope it runs.

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Interesting, but I can only imagine what it would look like at the 450 price point.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Might want.  Depending on magazine.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Interesting, but I can only imagine what it would look like at the 450 price point.
View Quote

Actually,the .22s aren't terrible at all. Theyre way more convincing than the GSG5.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Chamber one in the original Norma-spec 10mm Auto, and I'm in.
View Quote

How about a .45 Win Mag option? There used to be a fellow who did those conversions.

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah, well. The picture looks pretty neat, but if you read a few of the comments, you'll find out that the receiver is not steel, but is cast Zamac (the same zinc alloy shit that Hi-Points are made of). And the bayonet lug is "synthetic". WTF is up with that? Maybe they'll offer a synthetic bayonet to go with it.

I think I'll just stick with my Rock-Ola.

Which reminds me: James River Armory, formerly of Baltimore, has moved to someplace in NC, They bought the rights to the name Rock-Ola, and are producing new "Rock-Ola" M-1 carbines. And they're not made of Zamac, either. And don't have a synthetic bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#28]
If its not a standard mag its not worth the time, we shall see.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
An m1c in 5.56 = shutup and take my money.  9mm/.30 carbine are about the same, why not have an original as carbine ammo is not hard to find in my AO.

View Quote

Unless you can find a 9mm running almost 2000 FPS, the .30 Carbine has considerably more oomph then the 9mm.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

A mini 14 has the same gas system as an M1 Carbine....
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:11:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Yeah, well. The picture looks pretty neat, but if you read a few of the comments, you'll find out that the receiver is not steel, but is cast Zamac (the same zinc alloy shit that Hi-Points are made of).

View Quote

Is this gas-operated, or straight blowback?  Zamak receiver + blowback beating =

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#32]
FUCK YES!
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#33]
ARFCOM, you guys are weird, i started a thread on PCC's and you said they are worthless unless SBR's.

now they make a fudd carbine and you guys are all over it?
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
ARFCOM, you guys are weird, i started a thread on PCC's and you said they are worthless unless SBR's.

View Quote

Derping again I see.   "Fudd carbine"?
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#35]
What is wrong with an original (or even commercial) M1 in .30 carbine?  The.30 is much better than 9MM (both power and penetration wise).
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What is wrong with an original (or even commercial) M1 in .30 carbine?  The.30 is much better than 9MM (both power and penetration wise).
View Quote

I think the biggest benefit is going to be ammo cost.  A decent M1 in .30 is going to push you to $700 or better too.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

You err in your assumption that ARFCOM is a monolithic hive mind of tacticoolness.   There are plenty of those guys, and they're loudmouthed, but they aren't everyone.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wood furniture,  no pistol grip. Nine times out of ten this forum would call it a fudd gun.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because M1 carbines are stupid expensive for what they are.

If this thing is decently built and has a less than $500 price point I'll consider it. Would pretty much be the perfect truck gun especially with a folding stock.

If it takes glock 19 mags I'm all over it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

If this thing is decently built and has a less than $500 price point I'll consider it. Would pretty much be the perfect truck gun especially with a folding stock.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Also .30 carbine ammo is damn expensive. I would shoot my Inland all the time if I could find some cheap ammo.

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Wood furniture,  no pistol grip. Nine times out of ten this forum would call it a fudd gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are saying that an M1 Carbine is a Fudd gun?
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Also .30 carbine ammo is damn expensive. I would shoot my Inland all the time if I could find some cheap ammo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This....30 Carbine is an awesome round, but expensive.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but I want the "Fudd Carbine" look, not just another mini.  As for the .30/9mm comment, I was pointing out that the caliber change doesn't really fix the issue most GIs had with the carbine - lack of punch.  Even a 10rd 7.62x39 M1C would be a major improvement over the original if just changing caliber, but you would wind up with basically an SKS.  I would still want it though because I have a metric shitton of x39.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Why SW mags?
The only people with SW mags are fudds from the 80's. ymmv

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote

If it's not made out of plastic and covered in rails for 20 lbs of accessories, it's for Fudds.

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

^^^^ A voice of reason and wisdom right here. ^^^^
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Why SW mags?

The only people with SW mags are fudds from the 80's. ymmv

View Quote

Do "high cap" SW mags even exist for those? Use existing cheap surplus SMG mags or Beretta 92 mags or something jesus.

One of my dream guns is a .45 ACP Marlin Camp Carbine that takes grease gun mags. That would be cool as fuck. Nobody will ever make it.

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weren't they popular for hunting in the '30's and most hunters donated them to the military for WWII and Korea?
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:26:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I think the biggest benefit is going to be ammo cost.  A decent M1 in .30 is going to push you to $700 or better too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you think a 9mm version of the M1 carbine will come in at less than $700, I'd like a hit of what you're having.

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#50]
That's ok but I'll keep my Sterling carbine. And it takes 32 rd mags. and it's all steel too. How about that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top