Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2013 3:25:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Good god, did that page come from a 13 year old's myspace page. I'm for the cause but Jesus Christ my eyes are bleeding!
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#2]
One million?   Geez people, that never reached number is stupid.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#3]
So they're protesting for cheaper fuel?   Move to Venezuela you Commies.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I support anything that attempts to shut down DC.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Digital chain mail making the rounds again?
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 3:55:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I really hope they do this.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Or lower fuel taxes.

Or reduce emission standards.

Or make it easier to build refineries and pipeline.

Or..or...or..lots of things.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:05:07 PM EDT
[#8]
if it happens it wont be televised.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#9]
It won't come to anything. They're independent by nature. They don't work together.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:08:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So they're protesting for cheaper fuel? Move to Venezuela you Commies.
View Quote

How could we make fuel cheaper?

One way would be to drill more and add more refining capacity, something DC won't allow.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:11:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

One way would be to drill more and add more refining capacity, something DC won't allow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Change emission standards from tail pipe based to a down stream calculation.

Get rid of the ethanol tax credit and bio diesel.

Cars would get way better mileage. Trucks would jump about 5mpg in a single generation of engines.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:12:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Good god, did that page come from a 13 year old's myspace page. I'm for the cause but Jesus Christ my eyes are bleeding!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's a lot like turning on a CB radio then selecting channel 19 and turning the volume to 11.

Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

It's a lot like turning on a CB radio then selecting channel 19 and turning the volume to 11.

View Quote
I see what you did there...

Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I support anything that attempts to shut down DC.
View Quote
can I send them money only earmarked for DC?

Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope they camp out and do some donuts on the Mall the way the farmers did back during the Carter Aministration.

That shit won't fly these days. Like to see them try though, might be the spark this shit pile of dry tender needs.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Of the 8.5 million commercial trucks in the US, how many are owned by owner operators that can afford to miss work and drive to DC?
How many of the rest are going to drive their companies truck to DC losing work for them and the company without getting fired and also pay for the fuel?
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Where were they when the commies were attempting to strip away out 2nd Amendment liberties a few months back?
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:29:06 PM EDT
[#18]

I'd do it but it sure would be hard to get a backhaul from there.

-p.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Misguided protest is misguided.

Washington DC can't do much about fuel prices, and the few things it can do (like roll back the EPA, open up government owned land to oil exploration and production, etc.) it won't do while the Democrats are in control of the Senate and the POTUS.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#20]
It isn't going to be gridlock. The mega carriers won't send their trucks there for it. The owner operators won't spend their cash to get there cause they won't have a load out of there. The rates for loads haven't increased in the last 20 years while fuel prices have. In order to make any money you have to be willing to never go home. In a round about way they are protesting the mega carriers who are driving the price of the loads down because they can do it for pennies compared to the owner operators. That's the skinny of it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Ending oil speculation would sure go a long ways towards cheaper fuel, and products.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Also, how is this any different than 3 truckers coming to a hill?
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Is this going to be like the bazillion biker march a month ago?
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Or lower fuel taxes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or lower fuel taxes.

Yet oddly none of those are mentioned ....

I guess when people complain that rent is too high it's really that they want lower real estate taxes, less housing regulation, etc.  

Got it.  

Link Posted: 9/26/2013 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

1st post nailed it... again.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 5:15:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ending oil speculation would sure go a long ways towards cheaper fuel, and products.
View Quote

No.

Everyone always seeks an easy villain and speculators are often the popular target based out of ignorance of how things work.

What would happen if speculation ended is wildly swinging prices that are caused by swings between gluts and shortages.

Speculators are the people who take the supply/demand risks of the marketplace and guarantee to take delivery regardless of actual future demand. The reality is that the speculators smooth pricing by leveling demand for crude, and lower the overall average price by encouraging production of crude.

Link Posted: 9/26/2013 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Good God.  That is the worst page ever.  Couldn't even stand to read it...
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Never gonna happen.

Call me when OOIDA gets close to a million members.

Truckers are worse than gun owners.  At least self respecting gun owners will pony up $25 for an NRA membership.

They are at about 160,000 members.  How many millions of CDL drivers are there???

The music is almost over.  Smart players are eyeing the nearest chair...

Link Posted: 9/26/2013 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#29]

yeah...I'm not even trying to decipher that piece of shit website.

What's their outrage over?
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 5:45:07 PM EDT
[#30]
wont matter, because of NAFTA we have enough Mexican truckers driving there piece of shit trucks everywhere delivering goods anyways
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Seems like DC is going to be shut down anyway if congress doesn't pass a budget
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It won't come to anything. They're independent by nature. They don't work together.
View Quote

Sadly, this.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uhh, taxes.  Gas is pretty cheap if you take out road taxes, et al.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Seems like DC is going to be shut down anyway if congress doesn't pass a budget
View Quote

Won't happen.  They'll wave a magic wand and fund themselves, you can bet on it.  Regardless of the Obamacare implications.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm suprised to see most here not for this. It seems like it is gaining traction, and many are shutting down to protest out of control govt.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Uhh, taxes.  Gas is pretty cheap if you take out road taxes, et al.
View Quote

Not so,  state and federal fuel taxes have probably been close to the same since Obama came into office.

Fuel prices are due to his anti-fossil fuel hatred.

You want lower fuel prices, get rid of Democrats in the White House and Senate.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#37]
It sounds like the reason the page is so crappy, is they got their facebook page shut down. It must still be down, I cant access it.

http://www.examiner.com/article/facebook-blocks-founders-of-patriot-trucker-group-for-saying-god-bless-america
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Falls on the same weekend as the million lot lizard march.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 6:14:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It sounds like the reason the page is so crappy, is they got their facebook page shut down. It must still be down, I cant access it.

http://www.examiner.com/article/facebook-blocks-founders-of-patriot-trucker-group-for-saying-god-bless-america
View Quote

Examiner.com.   I'm sure that article is completely unbiased and tells the real story.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#40]
There has been talk of a truckers strike for at least 30 years that I know of and they never come to fruition. I am betting they wont get anywhere near a million trucks to do anything that would be effective, there are way to many company drivers who are scared for their job to shut down or participate in anything like this.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Examiner.com.   I'm sure that article is completely unbiased and tells the real story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You act like it would be so far fetched for them to do this? Here is a couple more saying the same. I apologise for dead links.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/09/1-million-truckers-shut-america-facebook-page-pulled/

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/09/25002-truckers-to-shut-down-america-facebook-page-gets-pulled/
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#42]
From what ive seen on fail book, this isn't about fuel prices, its about the infringement on our rights. This includes 2A, NSA spying, obammy care etc. People should not spend any money going out, fueling up, shopping. Hit them where it hurts, in the wallet.

ETA: 10/11-10/13
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You act like it would be so far fetched for them to do this? Here is a couple more saying the same. I apologise for dead links.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/09/1-million-truckers-shut-america-facebook-page-pulled/

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/09/25002-truckers-to-shut-down-america-facebook-page-gets-pulled/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your articles have exactly one source to back up their claims that the page was taken down because it said "God Bless America" - the people who got their page taken down.

No bias there, right?

Oh, and the second link just references the first.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 1:02:17 AM EDT
[#44]
From what I heard on the radio they are asking truckers who can't afford to go to DC to just not deliver anything during these three days.

Imagine if your local supermarket didn't get restocked for 3 days?  There would be panic.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 1:06:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 1:21:09 AM EDT
[#46]
When this stuff actually starts to happen it'll be on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top