Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2001 4:11:04 AM EDT
A great pro-gun article is in a national publication!

I can't beleive it's finally being given wide  coverage, that is what we've all known for a long time.
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 4:13:12 AM EDT
[#1]

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,7217,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 4:15:47 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks,Janus I was so damn excited to see it I forgot to give out address!
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 4:28:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Prof Gary Kleck Univ of Fl has been proving that guns stop/prevent more crime than are used in crimes forthe last thirty years...the f#@*ing media ignores him..let a few more cities get burned down,  perhaps people will begin to listen...maybe it will someday be popular for Leftist- Columbian (the journalists school not the country) trained media to no longer emphatize with violent criminals and excuse/defend their behavior maybe someday they will even go after corrupt politicians or even their own kind..
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 4:37:52 AM EDT
[#4]
An excellant article.
Thanks for the link.

This needs to be Front Page News.
But.......
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 4:48:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I have known that all of my life!
All we need know is for the anti's to figure it out.
BTT
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#6]
btt
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I always wondered why my university's (commy) newpaper constantly ripped Fox News. It seemed like a normal news program to me, until now... God bless 'em!! [beer]
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#8]
It's great when the truth is told to the masses. Go Fox News!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I just emailed this to all the anti-gun "professional unbiased journalists" at my local paper. Don't you just love these new fangled puters!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#10]
[b]GREAT post!!![/b]
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 12:48:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I e-mailed it to [email protected] with the message,

Please report this in your magazine.

P.S. I love the show.  [}:D]
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#12]
FOX is the only news I watch anymore . The others are pure liberal crap .
ORiely is good too .

Driving is a priviledge , owning firearms is a  right .
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 1:55:27 PM EDT
[#13]
That woman, E.D. Donahey, on Fox & Friends is a babe.

Link Posted: 4/13/2001 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Awesome article!  I also only watch Fox News, especially Fox and Friends, O'Reilly's Factor and Hannity & Colmes.  Our satellite screwed up for a day and I had to watch CNN, what a bunch of crap that was.  No wonder Fox is kicking their asses!
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I just sent an e-mail to Bill O'Reilly's e-mail address at Fox News, asking him to use this article as a talking point on The Factor.  I guess that we'll have to see what happens.
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Since we stopped cable, (FOX news was the only thing worth watching), I now watch their website. Great to see the facts get a little ink, even cyber-ink.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#17]
News that makes you smile!
I thought all you guys and gals posting gloom and doom needed a reason to smile!!

From our good friends at Fox News:
[url]www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,7217,00.html[/url]
Gun Control Science Misfires
Thursday, April 12, 2001
By Steven Milloy
Gun control advocates used to claim that more guns meant more crime. Research demonstrated, though, that more guns meant less crime. As the criminology argument faded, gun control advocates began arguing guns were a public health problem.
But the public health argument is also bankrupt, according to Miguel A. Faria Jr., M.D., editor of the Medical Sentinel, the journal of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons. Dr. Faria lays out his reasoning in the Spring 2001 issue.

And some more from Building Blocks for Youth:
[url]www.buildingblocksforyouth.org/media/release.html[/url]
New Study Finds that Media Unduly Connects Youth to Crime and Violence; People of Color are Overrepresented as Perpetrators, Underrepresented as Victims
Washington, DC- Depictions of crime in the news are not reflective of the rate of crime, the proportion of crime which is violent, the proportion of crime committed by people of color, or the proportion of crime committed by youth, according to a new study released by Building Blocks for Youth.

You have to read the entire report, it's OUTSTANDING!
[url]www.buildingblocksforyouth.org/media/media.html[/url]

From the commies "over there":
[url]news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_1275000/1275146.stm[/url]
Gun-related deaths in the United States have fallen to their lowest level in 35 years, according to researchers.
Researchers from the Centre for Disease Control in Atlanta, found that deaths by shooting fell by 25% between 1993 and 1998, while injuries caused by firearms were down by half.

An outstanding alternative to the AMA
(which by the way first and formost stands for the American Motorcyclist Association, not the commie anti-gun American Medical Association)
Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
[url]www.aapsonline.org/aaps/press/medsentgun.htm[/url]
**SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM AND CHECK OUT THE FORUM BOARD!**
Most gun violence studies of the past two decades are based on flawed methodology and unduly influenced by political agendas, leading to biased and incorrect conclusions..
Those are the findings of a new two-part paper published in the Spring issue of THE MEDICAL SENTINEL, The Official Journal of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, special edition titled "Doctors and Guns (Part II) -- A Failure of the Public Health Model."

Commie NPR actually reports the news!!
[url]www.npr.org/ramfiles/atc/20010406.atc.07.ram[/url]
Maryland passes law to teach students about firearms in public school!
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 12:17:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Somebody got the statistics that show how doctors are more hazardous to your health than firearms?

[red]P.R.K.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top