Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2013 5:35:26 PM EDT
Rifle used as crutch

Affidavit: Ore. man was using rifle as crutch when it fired shot through ceiling, killing girl
Published July 12, 2013Associated Press
GRANTS PASS, ORE. –  Court records show an Oregon man told police he was using his assault rifle as a crutch to help him get up from a couch at a friend's apartment when it fired a burst through the ceiling and killed a little girl upstairs.

The Grants Pass Daily Courier reports (http://bit.ly/10ROFTZ ) a police affidavit says Jon Andrew Meyer Jr. told investigators the gun went off accidentally at the Grants Pass apartment on June 27.

Defense lawyer Gary Berlant adds Meyer had been assured the gun was not fully automatic.

Meyer is being held on $250,000 bail on charges of manslaughter, assault and unlawful possession of a machine gun.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 7/12/2013 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Very sad for the little girl & her family.

Not sure I buy the whole "I didn't know it was a loaded machine gun, and it just magically fired an auto burst through the ceiling."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#5]
My guess is this guy is full of shit and should be charged with secondary murder end of story.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#6]
The link isn't working for me.

So, was it a Semi-auto that malfunctioned and fired a burst (i.e. David Olofson), or was it an actual MG?

Either way, a crutch is a crutch, and a firearm is a firearm. What a fucking idiot.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Read it on the news.

Guy's an idiot.
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Worthless fuck needs to stay in jail for a long time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top