Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/20/2013 9:41:21 AM EDT
If you don't think I belong on the road, work to get the laws changed .

When I ride my bike to work. I avg 18-22MPH. Speed limit is 15-20mph on the roads, yes I pass cars .

When I do my shorter rides ~20 miles, I avg 23mph or so. Avg speed limit on those road about 25mph.

When I do my longer rides 50+ miles, I avg 20mph or so. Avg speed limit is about 60-70mph.

About 10 cars pass me at most. I ride only on back roads. I ride smart, I plan early rides on the weekends and I keep an eye out for people in cars. I move over when and where I can. I am nice and I wave to people that give me some extra room. When I do group rides, we do pace lines.

If you see me out there, keep in mind if you think you can push me off the road, I do carry a LCP when I ride . I have only been ran off the road once and the guy got keyed when he did it.

Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#1]
wow your a beast! I bet you could give Eddy Merckx a run for his money..
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:44:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
wow your a beast! I bet you could give Eddy Merckx a run for his money..

lol, those guys smoke me
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:44:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Shave your legs?
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Wearing that sexy shirt, I'd just put you in the back of my truck and rape you somewhere out deep in the woods.

That's what you get for wearing clothes like that.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#5]
No problems if you obey all the other laws on public roads that all the other licensed 2 and 4-wheeled vehicles do.

* shrugs *

Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#6]
As long as you make an effort to get the fuck over, then I'm not going to do anything.  

Oh wait I forgot, I might make fun of you if you wear those faggy spandex suits.  I have a MTB since I hate riding bicycles on roads, and yes you'd kick my ass on a bicycle unless it had a motor on it.

Also I dont care if you stop at lights as long as you arent in my way.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:45:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Where can I get that jersey?
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#8]
no at 68 you might have a chance..
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Cool shirt.  

And I don't give a crud about bikers as long as they're stopping at stop signs and lights and not just picking and choosing when they'd like to be treated like a regular vehicle.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Lance Armstrong called he wants his needles back....
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I ride smart, I plan early rides on the weekends and I keep an eye out for people in cars. I move over when and where I can. I am nice and I wave to people that give me some extra room.

Most bikers (at least that I've seen, in cities) don't do any of those things.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:47:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Shave your legs?

Only during race season

Quoted:
Wearing that sexy shirt, I'd just put you in the back of my truck and rape you somewhere out deep in the woods.

That's what you get for wearing clothes like that.

Quoted:
No problems if you obey all the other laws on public roads that all the other licensed 2 and 4-wheeled vehicles do.

* shrugs *

I yield at stop signs and stop lights. If there are other cars I will stop, but if not I keep on trucking. Most stop lights here are triggered by weight, I am all of 195 pounds all geared up, bike and all.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:47:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I have seen that jersey somewhere.......
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
As long as you make an effort to get the fuck over, then I'm not going to do anything.

I heard your post spoken in your avatar's voice. It would have been better if you'd thrown in the term "Mary."

Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#15]
ok ill do it..

Rodies are teh suck!

all real men ride Trials..
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Drunk people on unregistered scooters are a hazard here if you're on two wheels.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard your post spoken in your avatar's voice. It would have been better if you'd thrown in the term "Mary."

lol that spandex is faggot shit. Think about it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#18]
can you pop a wheelie?
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Serious question, Is a bike lane one way only? Some of our bike lanes are not marked with arrows.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#20]
It's only the ass-hat cyclists folks are concerned about....Not quite sure where you fit in.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:51:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
ok ill do it..

Rodies are teh suck!

I have an ellsworth. I ride in the woods too. . They are two different beast. I am racing in nationals in a few month, top third go to worlds
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:52:15 AM EDT
[#22]
You are not the problem and for that I thank you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

If you don't think I belong on the road, work to get the laws changed .

When I ride my bike to work. I avg 18-22MPH. Speed limit is 15-20mph on the roads, yes I pass cars .

When I do my shorter rides ~20 miles, I avg 23mph or so. Avg speed limit on those road about 25mph.

When I do my longer rides 50+ miles, I avg 20mph or so. Avg speed limit is about 60-70mph.

About 10 cars pass me at most. I ride only on back roads. I ride smart, I plan early rides on the weekends and I keep an eye out for people in cars. I move over when and where I can. I am nice and I wave to people that give me some extra room. When I do group rides, we do pace lines.

If you see me out there, keep in mind if you think you can push me off the road, I do carry a LCP when I ride . I have only been ran off the road once and the guy got keyed when he did it.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/2000Z3M/IMAG0142_zpsd45f23f9.jpg

With my old eyes and poor reflexes if I "pushed you off the road", I doubt if you'd be in any condition to key anything?  

Be careful out there.  Two ton cars are really badder than the baddest cyclist.  Good luck to you!  

Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:54:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

* shrugs *

I yield at stop signs and stop lights. If there are other cars I will stop, but if not I keep on trucking. Most stop lights here are triggered by weight, I am all of 195 pounds all geared up, bike and all.

Stop /= Yield

Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#25]
You're brave than me.  I have a road bike and I rarely ride it.  Too many jackasses out there.

Yes, I'm skurred.

Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:57:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Your jersey still has a price tag on it.  Do you even cycle, bro?
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Just remember that when driving down the paved road, that the speed limit and traffic rules were put in place for cyclists. All the big gas engine things on the road are the inconvenience to you and should be ignored. Also, riding out in the middle of the road is perfectly fine, especially in curvy and hilly areas. Those people coming over hills and around curves should expect to have someone doing 20 mph right in the middle of their lane at all times, especially in low light.

ETA and you commit felony property damage. Classy.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

* shrugs *

Stop /= Yield

This I know, I will not bitch if I get a ticket. I did get one for speeding once. And even base sent out an email stating "We are going to start inforcing speed limits on bicyclist" the day after we have 35mph winds and I was doing sprint work. I guess blowing past a cop on base like he is standing still is a bad idea. I was going 43, he was going 25

Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
ok ill do it..

Rodies are teh suck!

No way fattie. Metro hipster fixie FTW........
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I bet she looks 87 times better in it as well
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

pics?
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#34]
I miss my M800 (beast of the east).

killed it on Mt Ashland..
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

if you think you can push me off the road, I do carry a LCP when I ride .

I have only been ran off the road once and the guy got keyed when he did it.

So you carry an LCP in case someone tries to run you off the road.

But when someone actually runs you off the road, you pull out your keys.

Got it.

Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol that spandex is faggot shit. Think about it.

I love the guys that make fun of cycling outfits, then go home and watch a football game where a bunch of big dudes wearing spandex are running around a field grabbing each other .  Do you call them faggots too
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:06:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you think you can push me off the road, I do carry a LCP when I ride .

I have only been ran off the road once and the guy got keyed when he did it.

So you carry an LCP in case someone tries to run you off the road.

But when someone actually runs you off the road, you pull out your keys.

Got it.

didn't have the LCP then, one of the few reason I bought it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Watch the video.

The milk shake thing kinda sucks. But this is freakin hilarious:

This is coming from a bike mechanic working in the industry 28 years.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#39]
So THAT'S what was in the box!
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Pit Maneuver in a Navigator wins every time. Just saying....
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:07:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

pics?

It is quite impressive. BOTD.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#42]
I ride smart, I plan early rides on the weekends and I keep an eye out for people in cars. I move over when and where I can. I am nice and I wave to people that give me some extra room.

If you can get the rest of the bicyclers to do this we would be good.  I live an an area that is primarily agriculture with a couple rural subdivisions. Lots of tractors and farm/work trucks pulling livestock trailers  on the two lane roads with narrow bridges. We get a lot people from metro-Nashville that drive out here, park and unload their road bikes for a day of riding. It would not be a problem if most would do what you do but the majority do the opposite. It is hard to pass due to hills and two lane roads yet the bicycle people will ride 2 to 3 across in the lanes at slower than the speed limit. These are the people that give everyone else a bad impression of bicyclers.

I've had this discussion with some people I work with that are big bicyclers and it is like talking to a wall. These guys have the "3 Feet <--> It's the Law" stickers on their cars yet are the same ones that ride in the middle of the lane so that if you give them 3 ft of clearance your car would be in oncoming traffic.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:09:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Stay as far right as you can, or prepare to get buzzed. Also, don't pass other bikes on a 2 lane mountain road. That almost got one of you guys killed last weekend. If I have to choose between a head on, or taking out a bike, I'm taking out a bike.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#44]
I can crank out 11 to 15 mph on my 29'er.

Moar pedal, less pasta.

Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Nice averages OP, now stop bragging about them since your rides are flat with no real hill climbs

Sorry had to bash since this is GD and I agree with you
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If you can get the rest of the bicyclers to do this we would be good.  I live an an area that is primarily agriculture with a couple rural subdivisions. Lots of tractors and farm/work trucks pulling livestock trailers  on the two lane roads with narrow bridges. We get a lot people from metro-Nashville that drive out here, park and unload their road bikes for a day of riding. It would not be a problem if most would do what you do but the majority do the opposite. It is hard to pass due to hills and two lane roads yet the bicycle people will ride 2 to 3 across in the lanes at slower than the speed limit. These are the people that give everyone else a bad impression of bicyclers.

I've had this discussion with some people I work with that are big bicyclers and it is like talking to a wall. These guys have the "3 Feet <--> It's the Law" stickers on their cars yet are the same ones that ride in the middle of the lane so that if you give them 3 ft of clearance your car would be in oncoming traffic.

Like DK said, most of us hate these assholes too.

I remember driving South Tropical Trail and getting behind a large pack on a double yellow. I hung back at 20 or so, gave them their space and followed them to the shop I was opening that morning. They got pissed that the shop wasn't open on time. I suggested they buy mirrors.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

* shrugs *

Stop /= Yield

Someone needs to tell that to the licensed 2 and 4-wheeled vehicles too.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:17:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Nice averages OP, now stop bragging about them since your rides are flat with no real hill climbs

Sorry had to bash since this is GD and I agree with you

Hey, don't hate. We have chipseal and it slow you down about 1-2mph, we also have fucking wind 24/7 and without fail, it is always a head wind.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I thought so too but something about it was different.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:18:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Stay as far right as you can, or prepare to get buzzed. Also, don't pass other bikes on a 2 lane mountain road. That almost got one of you guys killed last weekend. If I have to choose between a head on, or taking out a bike, I'm taking out a bike.

This.  I'm staying in my lane.  Sounds like OP is doing it right.

Lots around here doing it wrong.  There are awesome bike trails around here, with great parking, and smooth roads.  If they cant use those, and want to play in traffic, they get what they get.   I just feel bad for the poor driver that has to live with running their dumb ass over by accident.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top