Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2002 5:03:00 PM EDT
What do you guys, the ones who have experience with them, have against Special Weapons, the SW 5?  So they malfunction or is it that they're just not "real" HK's??

TS [X]
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 6:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, the search function is out, so I suggest this:  Go to [url]www.full-auto.com[/url]  and search for Special Weopons; Toad; Todd; SW 5

You'll see....
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#3]
OR come to my house and give me $1,000. After a suitable amount of time (to be determined by me) I will give you a Lorcin or some other non functional firearm.

THEN I will smack you in the head with a iron skillet.

Then if you complain in any way shape or form I will call you various names and insult you in ways you never thought of. If you complain about that, I will sue you.

Then just when you try and figure out what you did wrong or what my problem is, I will tell everyone on the internet that you are a asshole.

My way is cheaper and easier than buying a Special Weapons firearm.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What do you guys, the ones who have experience with them, have against Special Weapons, the SW 5?  So they malfunction or is it that they're just not "real" HK's??

TS [X]
View Quote

I hate to admit it but yes, I used to own a SW-5 PDW and in my honest opinion..... It was a piece of shit!  Yes it looks like a real HK on the outside, but for that kind of money I would expect a weapon that functions flawlessly right out of the box.  There have been those who say.... "change the extractor", "weld some metal on the magazines to make them fit tighter", "change this", "change that".  The fact is, no gun costing that kind of money should need so much work.  The SW-5 would double feed, stovepipe, fail to eject and sometimes fail to feed all together.  I used factory HK MP-5 30 rd curved mags and still had feed problems.  I would not stake my life on one of these guns and unless you have money to burn and you are looking for a lifelong project, stay away from the SW-5.... aka: P.O.S.

You should go to the HKPro forum and ask the same question, you will get a real ear full.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#5]
THEY DON'T WORK!!! some do, i heard the ones that do, work good. i heard that some fixes are made with a purchase of a HK extractor.

but whatever...

if i spend $1500 on a gun i should be able to:

*fire it free of hassles right off the shelve.
*fire it with what ever ammo i choose.
*NOT be required to thru extra bullshit to ATTEMPT to get it to work properly.
* have proper customer service. if it doesn't work, i should NOT under ANY circumstances have to wait 6 months for a replacement.
*have the manufacturer care about their product. after waiting 6 months for a replacement, IT SHOULD WORK!! (it didn't).
*get a return phone call sometime with in a 5 month period after discovering the replacement didn't work!

after a year and $1500, i should've wiped my ass with it, and thrown it thru SW's main office window!!!!!!!

i should've save my $ and got a REAL HK right off the bat. i have one now. my 94 works flawlessly!!! after close examination of both versions, todd didn't come close. there's just something about a real HK.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#6]
But SA you would probably use correct grammar and punctuation.

He would miss the experience of Toad from Speshul Wepun'z attempts at the english language.

[}:D]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a SW5 in 9MM.

I got rid of it. Jammed every 3 or 4 shots, mags would work in friends REAL H&K but would not even lock in this gun.

Looked just like real thing, but not even close in dependability. Shots grouped well, just the problems with feed and extract. Not worth it.

Buy the real thing, or forget it.

I have a dealer friend who has a REAL H&K 45ACP UMP ready to go like new for $1,000.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the heads up!!!  Some people just like to flame on shit as a hobby.  Obviously, this isn't the case.

TS
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had a SW5 in 9MM.

I got rid of it. Jammed every 3 or 4 shots, mags would work in friends REAL H&K but would not even lock in this gun.

Looked just like real thing, but not even close in dependability. Shots grouped well, just the problems with feed and extract. Not worth it.

Buy the real thing, or forget it.

I have a dealer friend who has a REAL H&K 45ACP UMP ready to go like new for $1,000.
View Quote

The UMP is an NFA post-sample, yes?

The SW-5 costs ~$1200 + upgrade to an H&K extractor if necessary.  All SWs can be made to function properly, none are beyond hope.  The originals were out of spec by only a few thousands of an inch for crissake!  Most of the SW parts are H&K contract parts, only the receivers, barrels, hammers, sears, and bolts/carriers were made in the USA (5-6 parts, okay, they're MAJOR parts, but still).    

The SW-5 is still very economical compared to the H&K 94 which will not have any of the updates like the polymer lower and wide forend (unless you buy them).  The H&K will be preban, but @ $4K+, you'd better pray the AW ban doesn't sunset!  The H&K stamped guns are the tech stocks of gun collecting.  

So $1200 - 1300 for a throwaway gun that shoots just fine vs. $4000 for a throwaway gun that shoots just fine.  Hmmmm....

My advice:  Get an AR 9mm upper because the damn 9mm carbines aren't good for anything excecpt target shooting anyways.  It's basically a Ruger 10/22 that can take down pepper poppers and silhouettes.  A fun toy.

Link Posted: 10/14/2002 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#10]
9mm carbines are good "room cleaners."

TS
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The SW-5 costs ~$1200 + upgrade to an H&K extractor if necessary.  All SWs can be made to function properly, none are beyond hope.  The originals were out of spec by only a few thousands of an inch for crissake!  Most of the SW parts are H&K contract parts, only the receivers, barrels, hammers, sears, and bolts/carriers were made in the USA (5-6 parts, okay, they're MAJOR parts, but still).    

View Quote

OH BULLSHIT. If you had any clue how many I've seen. I've seen ones that wouldn't accept parts from another. I've seen some so far out of spec they will NEVER work.

I've seen ones that had almost EVERY part replaced with GERMAN parts and they still wouldn't work.

I've even seen one with a complete registered german lower and bolt carrier that wouldn't work.

The HK "contract" parts used were Pakistani and not exactly spec, either. Now they are almost 100% SW and make the pakistani ones look good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top