Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/23/2013 10:38:05 AM EDT
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/23/miller-tsarnaev-brothers-killed-mit-officer-because-they-needed-a-gun/

According to this, like many here said early, they killed the MIT officer in an attempt to get a gun.  They only had one and needed two.  They could not get it out of the holster.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Guess the AR-15 report was media bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#2]

I'd been wondering why we hadn't heard the anti's rally cries against ARs or AKs.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 10:47:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It would appear so.  Also explains why the younger brother in the pictures from the shootout was not firing back.  That means the 200 + shots fired at that location recorded in the videos nearly all came from LEO.  Which is fine by me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#4]
NOTHING about this case is in line with the media/government narrative.

Can't decide between grumpycat_good.jpg or smithers_excellent.jpg.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#5]
LIES!

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#6]
But how did they kill all those people without the deadly AR15 assault rifle spraying high velocity killer rounds from the war machine death spewing banana clip high capacity magazine with the Kung fu grip?

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like they were both throwin shots at the PD in the photos taken of the shootout by a guy across the street from the terrorists.

Super Jihad morons couldn't figure out a retention holster I guess. Good.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If the MSM is reporting, it is BS.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I guess we have to disarm the cops.... you know, for the children.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I guess we have to disarm the cops.... you know, for the children.  

and the Iron Chefs
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#11]
IF this is true, and that's a big if, it continues to show what an amatuer hour this whole episode was.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Due to strict gun control laws they couldn't get guns so they built bombs... Weapon substitution effect.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
IF this is true, and that's a big if, it continues to show what an amatuer hour this whole episode was.

I have yet to see any picture of either suspect with a long rifle.  I have only seen one picture of them with a gun and that was the older brother.  Has anyone seen a picture of a "long rifle" or the younger brother with a gun?  If so post it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Figures.  The truth didn't fit the media's narrative, but that didn't stop the media from fabricating parts of the story to implicate AR15 owners anyway.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#15]
"We're not going to kill you because you're not American."

Think about that statement for just a second.

That happened in Whitebread Central, Massachussetts.

It can happen anywhere.

Carry.
Your.
Gun.
ALL.
THE.
TIME.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It can happen anywhere.

Carry.
Your.
Gun.
ALL.
THE.
TIME.

Amen.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:41:31 AM EDT
[#17]
This incident has had some of the worst reporting I have ever seen. No one gets anything right. I dont even think they have confirmed what kind of explosive (if any ) was used.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Can you imagine if it wasn't?
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This incident has had some of the worst reporting I have ever seen. No one gets anything right. I dont even think they have confirmed what kind of explosive (if any ) was used.

And unless it is tannerite, commercial black powder, or smokeless powder for reloading, we never will.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#20]
remember Uncle Joe telling the press that Al-Queda is here to purchase Ar-15's... yeah that what straight out of the playbook.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And unless it is tannerite, commercial black powder, or smokeless powder for reloading, we never will.

2 large fireworks ($400 worth) provided some of it according to what I read earlier today. The older brother bought it from a retail stole in NH. The younger brother's dorm room also contained a pyrotechnic device when it was searched.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I heard they had a Glock AR-47....

....then again it is the media....
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I was switching between CNN and Fox on this.  Both were unbelievably bad and continue to be so.  I'm not sure they've gotten 10% of it right.   It really is a new low.  Not only were they incorrect on most of it, but the constant interupting of each other made the broadcasts virtually incoherent.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#24]

So they too dumb to remove a pistol from a retention holster but are intelligent enough to devise a reliable IED.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

um, ar47 with and underslung ak15... get it right

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 large fireworks  ($400 worth) provided some of it according to what I read earlier today. The older brother bought it from a retail stole in NH. The younger brother's dorm room also contained a pyrotechnic device when it was searched.

fireworks?
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And yet they succeeded.  What does it say about our .gov ?
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was switching between CNN and Fox on this.  Both were unbelievably bad and continue to be so.  I'm not sure they've gotten 10% of it right.   It really is a new low.  Not only were they incorrect on most of it, but the constant interupting of each other made the broadcasts virtually incoherent.

Same for ABC / NBC + hired Techincal experts a joke.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#29]
I think I am going to invest in a hooded holster....
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same for ABC / NBC

I don't  doubt it, but I haven't watched network news in twenty years.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 large fireworks  ($400 worth) provided some of it according to what I read earlier today. The older brother bought it from a retail stole in NH. The younger brother's dorm room also contained a pyrotechnic device when it was searched.

fireworks?

Here are the relevant quotes:

It wasn't clear if the powder from these fireworks was used in the bombings. A Federal Bureau of Investigation affidavit filed in the court case against the younger of the two suspected bombers, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, said the bombs contained "low-grade explosives." The affidavit also said a "large pyrotechnic" had been found at the younger brother's college dorm room.

One federal law-enforcement official briefed on the probe said the government's working theory was that the powder used in the bombs could have come from high-powered fireworks. The official said there were other possible sources for similar powder and investigators hadn't drawn any firm conclusions.

From http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324235304578440843633991044.html
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It can happen anywhere.

Carry.
Your.
Gun.
ALL.
THE.
TIME.

Amen.

Second that amen
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fireworks?

Here are the relevant quotes:

It wasn't clear if the powder from these fireworks was used in the bombings. A Federal Bureau of Investigation affidavit filed in the court case against the younger of the two suspected bombers, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, said the bombs contained "low-grade explosives." The affidavit also said a "large pyrotechnic" had been found at the younger brother's college dorm room.

One federal law-enforcement official briefed on the probe said the government's working theory was that the powder used in the bombs could have come from high-powered fireworks. The official said there were other possible sources for similar powder and investigators hadn't drawn any firm conclusions.

From http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324235304578440843633991044.html

How long does it take. Damn.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:01:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#37]

I bet you he got that 9mm from the pot dealer he killed, along with the 2 other guys.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I think I am going to invest in a hooded holster....

Didn't help the MIT cop one bit.  

RIP
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#40]
The left will say that this is because of MA's progressive gun laws that should be a model for the whole nation.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you imagine if it wasn't?

Yeah.....it's called Beslan.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Over 200 rounds fired. I heard 80 shots by the bad guys. That means, say 250 total rounds. NY state says you only need 7 rounds. So if 250 - 80 = 170 rounds fired by cops.

170 / 7 = 24.xxx

That means at least 25 cops were involved in that shootout. And they could not stop the younger one from getting away...
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

um, ar47 with and underslung ak15... get it right  

And a 500 round clip!
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet you he got that 9mm from the pot dealer he killed, along with the 2 other guys.

huh?  

you mean the two guys that were killed awhile ago?

Shit... I hadn't thought of that.

For those who don't know, the authorities are starting to look at the older (dead) terrorist for the murder of a couple of guys not too long ago. One was a buddy of his who had his throat slit. Apparently his buddy was connected to the drug trade in some way (minor pot dealer from the sounds of it).

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

What?

Hadn't heard that before.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

yeah, not to the change the subject but the ass who shot 4 or 5 people this morning killed his girfriend, then shot two random guys in the parking lot, then I guess he saw someone on the phone, broke into the apartment and shot that guy  

We had a man walk into a local Smiths supermarket in Lehi.  There he bought a kitchen knife, opened the package at the entrance/exit of the story, and proceeded to slash/stab at everyone in the area.  A random attack in the middle of white-bread low-crime America.

Oh, the slasher was stopped by a citizen with a CCW.

http://www.bonzerwolf.com/today/2012/5/2/concealed-carry-permit-holder-stops-knife-attack-in-utah.html
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

huh?  

you mean the two guys that were killed awhile ago?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/fiend_eyed_in_murders_5yYWPzj9APgcZnc5RvKERL

Sawed the head off his best friend, left $5K in cash in the apt, and sprinkled the bodies with pot.

I'll bet he got the gun from that apt.

You heard it here first.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would appear so.  Also explains why the younger brother in the pictures from the shootout was not firing back.  That means the 200 + shots fired at that location recorded in the videos nearly all came from LEO.  Which is fine by me.

Now we know what makes guns safe....

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It can happen anywhere.

Carry.
Your.
Gun.
ALL.
THE.
TIME.

Carrying my gun to work is a felony
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top