Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2013 2:10:55 PM EDT

this is not meant as a Glock hate fest but it will turn into one anyway.  I'll start

I have no real reason to dislike, but I cannot bring myself to like glock, sig, kimber, remington 870's and springfield.

At the same time I have a fanboy love of Walther, colt, S&W's prelock wheelies (rock river arms AR's only) and mossberg (shotguns only),
I also have appreciation for century arms even if they are monkeys, nobody else brings exotic pieces in like they do, yes I think cetmes and romy aks would be pretty rare if not for century even if they are not perfect

What "good" companies do you dislike or love to hate? what "bad" companies to you like?
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#1]
none of the above but I hate hipoint
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Poll fail - no HK.

Has to be the most anti-gun gun company I can think of.  They're like the mac of gun companies

ETA: just to be clear - they make great guns, they just don't want any of them to work with anyone else' parts, or even their own parts.  They have virtually NO interchangeable parts, and they're damn near impossible to get.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Poll fail - no HK.

Has to be the most anti-gun gun company I can think of.  They're like the mac of gun companies

Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Poll fail, No Kel Tec, some people think they are good
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I dislike Kimber because I don't believe their 1911s are any better than the many cheaper options available, and if I were going to spend as much for one of theirs, I would go ahead and step up to a true high end model.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:21:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I think we are all on the same team right now unless we are getting back-stabbed by a particular manufacturer. not the first time for us at the rodeo
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Fail

No Ruger
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Poll fail - no HK.

I came for the hk hate also.
They're not anti gun. They're anti civilian.
They hate you, and you suck.
They make damn fine weapons though.

I voted kimber.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:22:52 PM EDT
[#9]
No ruger no remington  no care.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Glock. I fckin' hate those things. I want one, badly, but god do I hate those guns.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:24:26 PM EDT
[#11]
brass to face.. you dont want to admit it but it happens to you alot with your new ________.  hint: it rhymes with cock
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poll fail - no HK.

I came for the hk hate also.
They're not anti gun. They're anti civilian.
They hate you, and you suck.
They make damn fine weapons though.

I voted kimber.

See my ETA - It's because they don't have any common parts, and finding them is damn near impossible.  I guess part of that is the anti civilian thing, but it still bugs the crap out of me.  They have the apple business plan, it would seem - make things that "just work" but god help you when the magic falls out because only they have the power to decide if it will ever work again.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I am somewhat disapointed with Stag Arms now that they are trying to come up with New York compliant AR-15s.

Other than that, I can't think of any company that makes a high quality firearm, that I dislike.

I'm sure Stag will not lose any sleep over my butthurt, because I am not in a position to buy any more fiearms, period.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I voted for S&W.

Reason:

Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I think S&W pistols (M&P) are awesome, but for some reason, I have a bias against their AR 15's,....and I own one of them and it's been a decent, little, shooter.   I find that I dislike certain brands/gun types based soley on aesthics, thus I've never been keen on Glocks. I understand that my biases are irrational, yet I cling to them for some reason.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Sig. It's not the company itself that bugs me. It's Sig owners. I have known several personally, and every one was an irredeemably egotistical douchebag, and not just about guns but in every aspect of their lives. My apologies to all non-douchebag Sig owners that may see this post, but until proven otherwise you fall into the douche category.....
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:37:20 PM EDT
[#17]
None.
I don't care for the fan-boys of some manufactures though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I hate Walther. P22's are junk, and I hate the trigger on the P99. I suppose their older stuff is OK, but a 380 of that size and weight is kinda silly when I have a Sig 238. I suppose the 22LR version of the PP would be fun.

I REALLY dislike Beretta. I can't explain it, I just don't like them.

But the absolute worst, and I don't know that this counts since you asked for companies with GOOD reputations, but I really really fucking hate Taurus and their junky Beretta clones. I have had so many bad experiences with their products that I swore I would never touch one again - and then they came out with the Circuit Judge. I have been able to fight off temptation so far, but if I see a smoothbore model at a local shop I fear I may lose my resolve. But it better not fucking break like all the others.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think S&W pistols (M&P) are awesome, but for some reason, I have a bias against their AR 15's,....and I own one of them and it's been a decent, little, shooter.   I find that I dislike certain brands/gun types based soley on aesthics, thus I've never been keen on Glocks. I understand that my biases are irrational, yet I cling to them for some reason.

I agree with this, lol.

I love my M&P pistol, but treat the M&P AR like a red headed step child. Thing has never given me an issue. Maybe that big ass "M&P" logo dropped it down a few tiers for me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm a big fan of anyone who manufactures firearms.

Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I love to hate ruger
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 2:59:56 PM EDT
[#22]
HK.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Glock = No Soul

That's why the gov. likes them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Glock and HK.

The two most over-hyped & over-rated pistol brands on the market.

I've tried most every model of Glock made and can't hit shit with them. The triggers suck and so does the grip angle. I honestly think most people that like them do so because they've never tried anything else and are happy with mediocricy at an affordable price. Kind of like why people like Budweiser, Miller, Coors and any other mass-produced piss-beer...they're satisfied enough with what they get for the price.

On the other hand, HK USP's & HK45's are WAY over-priced for what you get. I shot an HK45 & an HK45c...the triggers are mediocre...little better than a Glock...considering what kind of coin they ask for those things. The ergo's are OK but the accuracy just ain't there, either. And the mag release...who in the blue fuck designed THAT abortion?!? Besides, the whole "We're HK, you're a civilian therefore YOU SUCK..." attitude they have would be a deal-breaker for me if I did happen to like their pistols in the first place.

I wouldn't own a pistol of either brand even if it was given to me...

Link Posted: 4/20/2013 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I like all of those companies and their firearms
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Kel Tec. Great ideas. Awful execution. Kool-Aid fan base.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm a big fan of anyone who manufactures firearms.

<ericcartman>" Kiiiiiiick Asss!!!!"</ericcartman>

Link Posted: 4/20/2013 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Colt.

They make nothing I can't get anywhere else, and they went beyond the bare minimum requirements of the law to make it difficult for civilians to get non-neutered versions of their M4 right after the ban died.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kel Tec. Great ideas. Awful execution. Kool-Aid fan base.

Stated well.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Given I am not a huge lego man I find most glock grips incredibly uncomfortable.
Glock has realized this and seems determined to make it a selling point, introducing more and more painful grips, I expect a new premium "razor glock" any day now!  

(They are not that bad, I know, but they are for me uncomfortable to grip properly)
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#31]
I will not buy a Smith & Wesson with a gun-lock.  They can go fuck themselves until that shit is gone.  They were supposed to start phasing the locks out, but they've so far only done this on a few models, despite announcing the phase-out 3 years ago.  I have not forgotten that S&W sold us out to the Clintons, yet the new owners have still not quite gotten the message that forcing bullshit compromises down the throats of shooters is not a good idea.

Marlin has also gone to shit since they were bought out by the guys that own Remington.

Remington can go fuck themselves for their supremely shitty ammo, their noteworthy lack of innovation over the last 50 years, and the shitty Marlin firearms they're cranking out.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Marlin has also gone to shit since they were bought out by the guys that own Remington.

Remington can go fuck themselves for their supremely shitty ammo, their noteworthy lack of innovation over the last 50 years, and the shitty Marlin firearms they're cranking out.

this... remlins are shit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top