Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2002 7:46:10 AM EDT
Is there any truth to the rumour that Jagermeister contains Opium or Codeine?  
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 7:49:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh yes..very true...since they have made codeine and opium both legal for over the counter sales.....

[stick]
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 7:59:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Oh yes..very true...since they have made codeine and opium both legal for over the counter sales.....

[stick]
View Quote

[b]zzZING![/b]

the_reject
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 8:15:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I heard you can order tylenol with codeine (panadeine no script needed) from Canada and have it mailed to you...[rolleyes] (same thing with antibiotics)
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 8:23:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

You Wish !!!  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 8:29:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Not to mention that Jager is alcohol based and that is a no no when taking opiate type painkillers...  I believe it was Karen Anne Quinlan who taught us this.....
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have ordered tylenol with codeine (panadeine no script needed) from Canada and had it mailed to me...[rolleyes] (same thing with antibiotics)
View Quote

I believe without a perscription for it (codeine) posession is on par with heroin...Dr.'s usually have to put a number of some sort on the script when prescribing it.  So don't advertise you get it shipped from Canada.   Canada and Mexico you can get a lot of prescription drugs OTC  but god help you if you get busted for possession of them here in the states....g'bye gun collection...hello jail cell.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 8:36:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have ordered tylenol with codeine (panadeine no script needed) from Canada and had it mailed to me...[rolleyes] (same thing with antibiotics)
View Quote

I believe without a perscription for it (codeine) posession is on par with heroin...Dr.'s usually have to put a number of some sort (beleive it is a federal number of some sort) on the script when prescribing it.  So don't advertise you get it shipped from Canada.   Canada and Mexico you can get a lot of prescription drugs OTC  but god help you if you get busted for possession of them here in the states....g'bye gun collection...hello jail cell.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#8]
We was at a club in Fort Walton Beach Florida...the owner showed us a bottle of Jagermeister that he brought back from Germany.  On the bottom of label it clearly said "contains Codeine" however codeine was spelled a little different than the English spelling.  He claimed the Jagermeister you buy here contains different ingredients than the overseas stuff.

i was just wondering.

Link Posted: 9/17/2002 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe without a perscription for it (codeine) posession is on par with heroin...Dr.'s usually have to put a number of some sort on the script when prescribing it.  So don't advertise you get it shipped from Canada.   Canada and Mexico you can get a lot of prescription drugs OTC  but god help you if you get busted for possession of them here in the states....g'bye gun collection...hello jail cell.
View Quote
Boy, I sure can't type today....I edited my original post...I meant to say that I heard anyone can order prescrition drugs OTC from Canada and have them sent to you through the mail....Thats what I meant to say....sorry for the confusion and also I don't own any guns I just hang here to learn more about them...hope I can own some someday..
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 9:04:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Stuff tastes just like Vicks Formula 44 cough syrup, could be some truth to that since Codeine is a cough suppressant. I've often wondered if Vicks used Jager as a base for their cough syrup.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ask them

Link Posted: 9/17/2002 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Jagermeister made for sale and consumption in Germany does contain an opiate. I have had several opportunities to drink Jagermeister smuggled in. And you get a hell of a buzz from it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 9:17:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. Jagermeister = Slick 50.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#14]
The usual urban legend about Jaegermesiter is that it contains deer's blood.  

I've never heard the codeine thing, though. If that was true, it would make awesome cough syrup. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#15]
It contains SOMETHING that in duces vomiting. I know. I've seen it.[puke]
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#16]
From what I have heard, Jager does have opium in it but only in Germany.  I don't know if its true or not since I have never made a trip to germany.

Keving67
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It contains SOMETHING that in duces vomiting. I know. I've seen it.[puke]
View Quote

No KiddinG!!  I went on a jager binge last night and its going to take some time to settle everything down.  But I did have a good time and even met some ladies.  I am going to wait until my eyes start to focus again before I make any judgements on their attractiveness

Keving67
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow   when I was a bouncer in my younger more stupid days....Jager always helped my stomach when it was bothering me...
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 2:22:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Nothing you can buy legally in the US contains a significant amount of opium or any of the opium alkaloids.

Except dried poppy pods.

The live plants make a nice display in the spring, and are legal to grow in the US as long as you aren't "cultivating" them or collecting the resin.

[img]http://members.cox.net/slack/images/white_poppy1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 2:59:21 PM EDT
[#20]
It was probably Jaegermeister that killed that Dave Williams guy from Drowning Pool.  Jaeger sponsored their first big tour, and they reportedly drank until the bar ran out of Jaeger on a regular basis.

Jaeger definitely gives a different kind of intoxication, even the US stuff.  It's more, I dont know.  More soporific.

Maybe Williams got his hands on imported Jaeger, drank it like US stuff, and did himself in. Passed out drunk, vomited while passed out, choked on vomit.  The classic rock n' roll cliche.  Death by Jaegermeister.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It was probably Jaegermeister that killed that Dave Williams guy from Drowning Pool.  Jaeger sponsored their first big tour, and they reportedly drank until the bar ran out of Jaeger on a regular basis.

Jaeger definitely gives a different kind of intoxication, even the US stuff.  It's more, I dont know.  More soporific.

Maybe Williams got his hands on imported Jaeger, drank it like US stuff, and did himself in. Passed out drunk, vomited while passed out, choked on vomit.  The classic rock n' roll cliche.  Death by Jaegermeister.
View Quote

I have met Dave Williams on one occasion and I am willing to bet you that you hit it head on.  I watched that guy toss down a whole bottle in less then 20 minutes.  And I will agree with you on the different drunkeness from jager.

Keving67
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 7:47:06 AM EDT
[#22]
I was gonna guess gasoline based.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 7:55:20 AM EDT
[#23]
I doubt it. I'm based in Germany - not only does the Army/Air Force Excgange Service (AAFES) sell Jagermeister, but it can be easily bought off post on the economy and there are NO prohibitions to buying it - and yet we have drug tests every couple months with people coming up hot for marijuana ( a big one ), ecstasy ( a REALLY big one ), and occasionally GI's using cocaine or whatever else is available next door in Amsterdam or here on the economy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top