Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2001 4:54:23 PM EDT
I'm planning on buying a Carbon-15 this week.  Does anybody out there have one?  Is it a good gun or not?  How reliable?

I haven't heard anything about them, but I picked one up at a local gunstore last week and fell in love.  I am planning on getting it when I get paid on Friday, but I thought I better get some opinions first.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You didn't mention if it was a Carbon-15 rifle or pistol. I have a Carbon15 Type 97 pistol. I love mine , it works great (400 rnds so far and no problems). However, I must warn you that it is a mixed bag. Other owners have had nothing but problems with theirs. It's a "love it" or "hate it" kind of situation with some owners having no problems and others having all kinds of problems. Most of the problems seem to involve the pistol version. Earlier models had problems with the bolts breaking and extraction problems, stovepipes, etc.  The bolt on newer models has since been redisigned (I have the old version). My recomendation is to get a regular AR type rifle if you don't already have one, then, if you have $1200 and nothing better to do with it, get the Carbon-15. Go to the manufacturers forums, Professional Ordnance has a section there and you can get more details from other owners. The old forum had lots of info.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a type 97 rifle. i love mine and did not have a problem until round 1141 when I broke a extractor.I emailed and they shipped the next day.Great customer service.Mine is a pretty low serial #11xx have not had a problem with the bolt but I am keping my eye on it.The wholesale has gone down a couple hundred.If you order I wouldnt pay much more than a $1000

Link Posted: 4/8/2001 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it true they only function with plastic mags (orlite, thermold, etc), and that USGI mags shouldn't be used?
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm selling mine. It has only has 20 rounds through it. Shot great. Email me for pics and price..
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 6:01:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Any magazine that will work in a regular AR15 will work in the C15.The lower parts are the same.Except the lower reciever itself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top