Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/9/2012 4:46:39 PM EDT
Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies

The Lincoln Lawyer  

I can't wait until we have Obama Space Alien Killer...
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#2]
When "Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter" is in the $4.99 bargain bin I will own it!!!

It looks so campy that it should be awesome!
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The Lincoln lawyer is about the car

I wasn't smart enough to put two and two together. The movie was awesome.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#4]
There are so many movies about him because liberals like to pretend he was a democrat.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:50:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Because they had to wait for the second term to make the Obama movies, too soon would've been presumptuous.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There are so many movies about him because liberals like to pretend he was a democrat.

Were the vampires a metaphor for tax increases on the middle class??

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Idk but its geeting kinda old. (No offense to Abe fans)
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Because he was a Republican.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Because it is the 150th anniversary of his Presidency.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Did anyone else see Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter? BHO was in it at the end, really.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#11]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJcuYKyHEgs

Thought of this for some reason.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Lincoln vs Zombies was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.  And I watch a LOT of B-movies on netflix.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#13]
They're pushing us toward a civil war and they want the numbers to be on their side. Follow the President, because he is your king. Simple message for simple people.

Lincoln was such a saint afterall who only acted in our best interests to protect and serve all the people even those living in the south.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Did anyone else see Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter? BHO was in it at the end, really.

Makes sense, BHO is a vampire that we have invited into our house, we may have to take drastic methods to get him out.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Abraham Lincoln vs the Zombies was a direct to DVD quickie designed to confuse unsophisticated Redbox and Netflix customers into thinking they are renting the Tim Burton theatrical release (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter).  A very good book, btw.

And as another poster has already pointed out, one of these is a "Lincoln" movie in name only.  

But really, why ponder just Lincoln movies?  

Remember a few years back suddenly everyone was making asteroid movies?   And before that it was volcanoes.  It's because Hollywood is creatively bankrupt.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes sense, BHO is a vampire that we have invited into our house, we may have to take drastic methods to get him out.

LOL, he was the new hunter since  being elected. JWBooth was a Vamp
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Or trying to trump up that POS life

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Why?  It's the sesquicentennial of the the American Civil War.

Second, the dumbocraps like comparing Zero to Abe.  Abe would have kicked Zero's teeth in.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#19]
just go look who POTUS admires most!   does the popcorn now come with a  tinfoil hat?
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#20]
So they can portray the Civil War being about slavery, not an overreaching federal government.  I would be willing to bet there is about to be some big time overreaching.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer is more historically accurate than Lincoln.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Cyclical.

No doubt more books about him than any other President.

Deserved
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't smart enough to put two and two together. The movie was awesome.

It sure is.  I just watched it the other night.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Lincoln vs Zombies was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.  And I watch a LOT of B-movies on netflix.
Wow....you watched it.......I watched the first couple of of minutes and I just stopped it and viewed something else......why torture yourself like that?

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:18:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Lincoln was the beginning of the end, loss of states rights.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Nope. wouldn't work. Well, maybe a sitcom.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#28]
To piss of southerners. You know, for kicks.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So they can portray the Civil War being about slavery, not an overreaching federal government.  I would be willing to bet there is about to be some big time overreaching.

I dunno. Slavery seems a tad overreaching.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:30:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Cyclical.

No doubt more books about him than any other President.

Deserved

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Because we're living in an age in which people welcome tyrannical governments?
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Only one i care about or will see is the one with Daniel Day Lewis.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Only one i care about or will see is the one with Daniel Day Lewis.

A man with good taste.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Second, the dumbocraps like comparing Zero to Abe.  Abe would have kicked Zero's teeth in.

Wrong!  Zero is a direct result of Abe's wish.  Great idea huh?  
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's it!  Tuesday was all Abe Lincoln's fault!  Bastard!  

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Couldn't agree more.  Without his actions we wouldn't be in the shape we are today.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I have read every single John Grisham book. He is funny as hell.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I dunno. In the vampire movie Abe's anti-slavery efforts were geared towards depriving vampires of a food source that was easy to acquire and nobody would notice was missing.

When he makes the move from vampire hunter into politics he says something to the effect he could fight them better as a politician than with an axe.

And vengeance.....yeah, vengeance for seeing a vampire kill his mother.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Couldn't agree more.  Without his actions we wouldn't be in the shape we are today.

But wait a minute!  Lincoln was born in what was then considered the western territories.  His coming into being was the direct result of Madison's expansionist policies.  He's the bastard we're after!  Everybody!  Grab your pitchforks and torches and let's get to the Madison memorial!  What's that?  There is no Madison memorial?  Well quick!  Build one so we can burn it down!

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't care if they make a movie with Abe Lincoln starring in it, as long as he dies towards the end of the movie.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Because everyone knew that zero was going to be reelected and treasonous presidents are the new cool.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

But, Lincoln was a lawyer.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Because Linclon was a wonderful democrat who freed the slaves and killed hundreds of thousands of evil Republicans in the South.

Oh wait...

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 1:25:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Lincoln was the beginning of the end, loss of states rights.

This. FAL and FBHO.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 1:33:13 AM EDT
[#45]
so how many of these movies portay him as––from the start––being on a mission to end slavery? I ask because I won't pay money to watch it.

GR
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 2:19:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Abraham Lincoln Quote

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality.

And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything."

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 2:55:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Waiting to see how historically accurate the Daniel Day Lewis movie is.

Based on the portrayal of Mary Todd Lincoln in the trailers, I'm not holding my breath.

Real Mary Lincoln was certifiably insane, spent more on trappings (clothes, furniture,etc.) than the President's annual salary.  She would fire staff and then use their salary to continue the spending spree.  She suffered from migrains and "spells" frequently and would go off the deep end afterwards.  Thought she could communicate with her dead son through seances in the White House.

I'm not seeing any of this in the trailers.  Instead they portray her as the voice of reason for Lincoln.  Uh, not quite.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 3:21:46 AM EDT
[#48]
There are so many of them because Hollywood can't come up with an original idea to save their lives.

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 3:26:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Because 0bongo would LOVE to suspend  Writ of Habeas Corpus
among other things....
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 3:32:56 AM EDT
[#50]

Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies sucked

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top