Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 10/12/2012 7:00:21 AM EDT
•Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy_agenda/

DAT MOTHERFUCKER!
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:02:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Its not going to happen
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:02:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Old news for the past 4 years, but thanks for reminding us anyhow.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:02:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Old news for the past 4 years, but thanks for reminding us anyhow.

It's been down off their website for the 4 years too...

Weird that it is back up.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:05:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Its not going to happen

if obama wins a second term I have no doubt it will happen.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:07:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its not going to happen

EXACTLY.

This was on their website for about 6 weeks after he took office and he was catching so much shit about it that they removed it.

Odd that right before the election it is back live.

Mark my words boys. THEY ARE COMING FOR OUR GUNS
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:09:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:10:50 AM EDT
[#7]
simply ask WHAT is this "gun show loophole"?
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:14:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Do you have the Tune In app for your phone?

Search for Gun Talk and listen to the latest one.

They talk about it in full detail.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#9]
If you thought something seemed way off with all of the Buckyballs magnets ban BS, there were definite mentions that this type of "expanded power" by the CPSC could be used to target all types of unpopular items - guns among them. I seem to recall it mentioned as possibly a trial run to get all of the legalities out of the way and establish precedent on a seemingly trivial item.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:19:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you thought something seemed way off with all of the Buckyballs magnets ban BS, there were definite mentions that this type of "expanded power" by the CPSC could be used to target all types of unpopular items - guns among them. I seem to recall it mentioned as possibly a trial run to get all of the legalities out of the way and establish precedent on a seemingly trivial item.

They wouldn't even try.  The courts would rip them to shreds, especially after the Heller and McDonald rulings.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:23:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You know the one that allows you to buy fa/mgs, hand grenades, rpg's, and the like at dirt cheap prices........

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:26:26 AM EDT
[#13]
As long as he does not get control of both houses I doubt you will see any bans.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:28:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
As long as he does not get control of both houses I doubt you will see any bans.

Yes
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:30:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know the one that allows you to buy fa/mgs, hand grenades, rpg's, and the like at dirt cheap prices........

this is exactly what I'm getting at. Its amazing how uniformed/blatantly ignorant the left is towards Gun Shows. EVERYONE still has to the proper background check paperwork. Really, the only advantage of a gun show over a gun store is a wider selection, at POSSIBLY slightly lower prices.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:30:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I didn't know it had ever come down, but it certainly wasn't down for 4 years...

I don't know man.... according to a lot of people in the know.... It was taken down from this website about 6 weeks after Obummer took office.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:30:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Its not going to happen

Yeah, oblamacare won't ever happen!

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:31:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

No more private sales is the aim.

Want to buy or sell a firearm? 4473.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:32:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its not going to happen

Amen!

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:32:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Another VERY GOOD REASON for all of us to get off our asses and vote for Romney.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:33:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its not going to happen

This

It's not like we didn't know this already, they're just not hiding it anymore
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:34:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Obama had four years to take away our guns, he proved that he's not after our guns.

Who knows what Romney will do if elected?
Hmmmmm.....

Just saying.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:35:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They wouldn't even try.  The courts would rip them to shreds, especially after the Heller and McDonald rulings.

Really?

If re-elected, he gets at least one, likely two SCOTUS appointments.

Our gun rights are fucking GONE.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:35:59 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Obama had four years to take away our guns, he proved that he's not after our guns.

Hmmmmm.....

Just saying.

Pull back the wool, you have been played.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#25]
How do you go about making a expired law that no longer exists permanent?
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:36:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Hmmmmm.....

Just saying.

Go back to DU!
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:37:38 AM EDT
[#27]
These folks say otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQoZckek0cA

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:37:54 AM EDT
[#28]
I doubt the "Party" is going to allow him to do any damage that will effect future elections. I'm quite sure they have yet to forget the great Gore fiasco.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

If re-elected, he gets at least one, likely two SCOTUS appointments.

Our gun rights are fucking GONE.

This is where I'm at...the MOST important thing that this election will affect is the SCOTUS appointments.  If nothing else I hope that people vote Romney for that.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Hmmmmm.....

Just saying.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:39:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If this were a *lawful* administration, I would agree with you.

However, I'm afraid they would go around Congress with EOs and BATF rulings to further erode the status quo as it pertains to the 2A.

I'm not a lawyer so maybe I'm totally off base, but I clearly remember the predictable but fraudulent "study" commissioned by president G.H.W. Bush, and subsequent ban on the importation of "automated weapons" (his words-what a fucking tool) *just because*, and all of it done without consent of Congress IIRC.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong please.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:40:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How do you go about making a expired law that no longer exists permanent?

Congress will submit it to the the Presdident and the Pres will sign it.
This might help

Just a Bill
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:42:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I doubt the "Party" is going to allow him to do any damage that will effect future elections. I'm quite sure they have yet to forget the great Gore fiasco.

Yeah like obama care and a out of control TSA or the libya fiasco ETC, ETC, ETC
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:45:56 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its not going to happen

Exactly.

The complacency with some here is truly unbelievable.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:49:30 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its not going to happen

Exactly.

The complacency with some here is truly unbelievable.

Biden looks into the camera on national TV last night and tells everyone that if oblama doesn't get SCOTUS picks, Roe V. Wade is dead.

How STUPID do you have to be... to not see how important this is?

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:50:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Its not going to happen

While this is a good little sound bite kind of argument, the two things are very different.  In addition to being reelected, Obama would need control of the house and senate.  I sure don't think he's going to get that with this election but who knows what will happen two years from now.  But, even if both go blue in a couple years, Obama would need a large number of Democrats to stop caring about their NRA rating.  I doubt that is going to happen either.

So, I think it's pretty unlikely that federal gun control legislation is coming in the near future.  I'm not so sure about what BHO might attempt through executive order abuse but, hopefully, he can't do too much damage that way.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:52:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Why Am I just hearing about this now?
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its not going to happen

While this is a good little sound bite kind of argument, the two things are very different.  In addition to being reelected, Obama would need control of the house and senate.  I sure don't think he's going to get that with this election but who knows what will happen two years from now.  But, even if both go blue in a couple years, Obama would need a large number of Democrats to stop caring about their NRA rating.  I doubt that is going to happen either.

So, I think it's pretty unlikely that federal gun control legislation is coming in the near future.  I'm not so sure about what BHO might attempt through executive order abuse but, hopefully, he can't do too much damage that way.

I really don't think so.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

This was part of the platform changes from the DNC convention.

I don't know why you haven't been paying attention.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm tired of all the bullshit; Panic Buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!$!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Quoted:

This was part of the platform changes from the DNC convention.

I don't know why you haven't been paying attention.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:56:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Are you kidding?  It looks like BHO, and Holder, attempted to gain support for gun control by forcing gun dealers to allow straw buyer purchases then let the guns to walk into Mexico.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 8:02:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Seriously - GTFO.

The fact he didn't try to take them during his first term, with a congress that would never have allowed it, means NOTHING.

Assuming he's elected, he won't have anything to lose. Re-enacting the assault-weapons ban has always been on his agenda. He's just been biding his time.

Pull your head out of the sand.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 8:02:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Its not going to happen

I really don't think so.

I don't understand.  You think Obama can pass legislation by himself?  Or do you think a republican controlled house or senate will pass legislation for him to sign?
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 8:04:29 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its not going to happen

I really don't think so.

I don't understand.  You think Obama can pass legislation by himself?  Or do you think a republican controlled house or senate will pass legislation for him to sign?

I think he will find a way to get it through, just like he did with healthcare.

He'll use whatever Chicago tactics he has to.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 8:06:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Obama isn't coming after anything.

The GOVERNMENT is coming after our guns.

We need to stop focusing on the puppet they hang out in front of us and focus on the real threat.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 8:06:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this is exactly what I'm getting at. Its amazing how uniformed/blatantly ignorant the left is towards Gun Shows. EVERYONE still has to the proper background check paperwork. Really, the only advantage of a gun show over a gun store is a wider selection, at POSSIBLY slightly lower prices.

It's worse than that.  It isn't ignorance, its pure malice.

What they mean by "gun show loophole" is the ability for a private citizen to sell a gun to another private citizen without a background check.  In effect, they'd like to make it illegal to sell a gun without reporting the fact you've done so to the government.  

What closing the "gun show loophole" is really about is backdoor registration of firearms.  

And we all know what comes after registration.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 8:07:41 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its not going to happen

EXACTLY.

This was on their website for about 6 weeks after he took office and he was catching so much shit about it that they removed it.

Odd that right before the election it is back live.

Mark my words boys. THEY ARE COMING FOR OUR GUNS

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its not going to happen

This WILL happen in a second Obama term, anyone who thinks otherwise is either a fool or have their head too far in the sand.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top