Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2012 7:01:16 AM EDT

I saw this yesterday live. This vid is a shortened version,
there are others out there that show the entire chase. Guy did some crazy shit.
At the end they open up on the guy, which took me by surprise. Guy was taken to
hospital, I don't know his condition. I doubt he will try that again.

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:03:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I like it when he starts swimming through the bush when rounds start impacting
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:04:46 AM EDT
[#2]
There are other vids showing them dragging him out. They hit, no doubt about it.

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:05:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Lol, they were shootin at him.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:10:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Why were they shooting?
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:14:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Did anyone read the posts on you tube?
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:15:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why were they shooting?

Why not? Fuck that cocksucker.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Why were they shooting?

That's what took me by surprise. Personally, I don't have a problem. I was just wondering what justification would be used.

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:18:01 AM EDT
[#8]
IN

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:20:08 AM EDT
[#9]
If Obama had a minivan full of son??
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:21:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why were they shooting?

Heat of the moment... That one cat cranked off a few rounds and others wanted to get in on the action.

Now, we only see the helo view, but I'm worried if they were still cranking off rounds into the brush w/o having a visual on the guy.

At any rate, he must have been a bad actor if they were cranking rounds off at him while he was running away.

Nice use of the hood to jump the fence though.

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:21:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I try NEVER to do that.  They are 90% retarded.

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why were they shooting?

werd

the Mercedes mini van had some go!
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:24:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Shot in the back, nice.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:24:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why were they shooting?

This would be why not.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:28:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Miami-Dade Police, along with several other agencies, were involved in a high-speed pursuit that began as an alleged home robbery and battery on a police officer and ended with shots being fired...

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/08/24/high-speed-chase-ends-with-shots-fired-at-nw-167th-ave/
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:29:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why were they shooting?

This would be why not.

I watched that cocksucker be a serious threat to a few hundred drivers for 10 minutes yesterday along with whoever they robbed. FTCS.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:30:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Shot in the back, nice.

I would have preferred a warning shot to the back of the head, but I'm good with it as it is.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:31:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shot in the back, nice.

I would have preferred a warning shot to the back of the head, but I'm good with it as it is.

i am for the po-po, but would they get a trouble for the 2 perps who got shot?

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:35:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Shot in the back, nice.

I know right.  Did you think they were actually gonna hit what they were aiming at?

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:41:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Miami-Dade Police, along with several other agencies, were involved in a high-speed pursuit that began as an alleged home robbery and battery on a police officer and ended with shots being fired...

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/08/24/high-speed-chase-ends-with-shots-fired-at-nw-167th-ave/

Good shoot.  Fuck those pieces of trash.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:44:59 AM EDT
[#21]
What's the purpose of chasing him on the ground when you have a helicopter available?

In KC they usually just let the helicopter follow them around till they stop and dispatch police to that location.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:46:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What's the purpose of chasing him on the ground when you have a helicopter available?

In KC they usually just let the helicopter follow them around till they stop and dispatch police to that location.

Not every dept has a helicopter.  May have just been a news helicopter, who knows.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:47:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Honestly...there should be a minimum "beat your ass" law for people that run. One strike of the night stick for every minute you run...with extra penalties for damage to innocents during the chase (like this guy hitting other cars...)

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:49:16 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why were they shooting?

Heat of the moment... That one cat cranked off a few rounds and others wanted to get in on the action.

Now, we only see the helo view, but I'm worried if they were still cranking off rounds into the brush w/o having a visual on the guy.

At any rate, he must have been a bad actor if they were cranking rounds off at him while he was running away.

Nice use of the hood to jump the fence though.

They were definately firing blind into that brush, unlikely to be a crowd in there I guess.

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:52:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Half the people can't get driver's licenses with the new immigration rules, the other half have no insurance
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:52:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not every dept has a helicopter.  May have just been a news helicopter, who knows.

I would be HIGHLY surprised if Miami-Dade doesn't have an air component, that is one of the largest departments in the country.

I guess I just view it as creating more risk to the people not involved in the chase as this guy drives around like a chicken with his head cut off.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:52:57 AM EDT
[#27]

If that dude had invaded my home and beaten me I'd hope that the police would shoot him for running, too.

- Home invasion
- Battery
- Dangerous high-speed chase
- Running up an embankment towards a busy road

How do you guys suppose this would have ended if they hadn't stopped him? A car-jacking on the road above the embankment? An accident caused by him running across the road?
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#28]
7/10.  -2 for no Jan Hammer music,  -1 for no Gucci.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If Obama had a minivan full of son??

neva bin dun befo, you are the first guy in the country to come up with this, and frankly I thank its a gamechanga
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:56:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why were they shooting?

This would be why not why any good LEO could articulate why the suspect continued to pose a severe hazard to the public after the crimes they had just committed.

FIFY.  
-SleeperShooter
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:57:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Dirtbags got shot....I call that a WIN

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 8:00:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was most likely the MDPD helicopter. Last time there was a chase involving a city PD, the county helicopter was called.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 8:07:11 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Why were they shooting?

When I was young it was universal policy in the whole country to shoot at anyone who runs away from LEO.  It only changed, gradually, as the number of innocent bystanders shot started becoming excessive.

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

How far can a group of armed robbers run into a neighborhood, since no units are around? Would you want the police to be behind these guys or would you prefer armed criminals running into your house while your mother, wife, kids, etc. can become new victims and hostages?

Armed violent criminals should not get out of eyesight. With that in mind, deadly force was acceptable very early on in the pursuit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 8:07:45 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

That was painful.  I had to quit and go flush out my brain.

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#36]
@ the perp trying to walk all cuffed with his shorts down to his knees
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top