Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/14/2012 6:07:42 PM EDT
If you have never seen the uncut version of "Blazing Saddles", it's on HDNMV now and will be on again at 0030.

Don't know how prevalent HDNMV is, but that's where it is.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I found an uncut DVD at Target for $5.  I watch it about once a year.  Never be another like it in today's society.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#2]
"Give the governor a harumph!!"
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]
"More beans, Mr. Taggart?"

Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#4]
"What in the wide world of sports is going on here?!?  I'm payin' you boys to lay track!  Not to jump around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots!"

Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you have never seen the uncut version of "Blazing Saddles", it's on HDNMV now and will be on again at 0030.

Is that cable, DirecTV or Dish Network?
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Where the white womenz at?
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I found an uncut DVD at Target for $5.  I watch it about once a year.  Never be another like it in today's society.

This. A person came into the store selling a bunch of used DVDs. I saw the anniversary edition of Blazing Saddles in the stack and grabbed it for a whole $1

Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Channel 130 on Dish.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

"More beans, Mr. Taggart?"

"I'd say you've had enough!"
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#10]
746 on Verizon FIOS.......good times!
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have it on Dish channel 130.  You can choose the HD channel 130 or the SD channel 130.

It may be on other systems as well.  I can't imagine it would only be on one provider.

Yep, someone mentioned FIOS.

Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Badges?  We don't need no stinking badges!
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:24:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Don' know.  Have to do with where choo-choo go.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Don' know. Have to do with where choo-choo go.

"Candygram for Mongo!"
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Enough of that stuff, here comes Mongo!

Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#16]
"Wait, you said 'rape' twice."

"I like rape."
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Oh hell no, never be able to do anything even close.  Everyone is soooooooooooooo sensitive.

Back in those days, people didn't get all bent for no reason.  Even minorities got in on the insulting.

Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#18]
"Of course you will have the decency to not mention we talked..."
One of my all time favorites.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#19]
"...somebody's going to have to go back and get a shitload of dimes!"
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Back in the old days they would leave inn the N word and delete the fart sounds.

Wow, have things changed.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#21]
"Piss on you! I'm working for Mel Brooks! "
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Back in the old days they would leave inn the N word and delete the fart sounds.

Wow, have things changed.

This is the uncut version.

Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:31:42 PM EDT
[#23]
"How did he do such fantastic stunts with such little feet?"
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#24]

This is a picture of my wife I took on our honeymoon.
My brother was the best man at our wedding but had never met her in person. He flew in to town to get fitted for the tux etc about 3-4 weeks before the wedding, and met her then.
The night before he flew in, Blazing Saddles was on HBO or something and we were both on the phone and throwing quotes from it back and forth.
The next day at the airport, my Brother comes through the security gate and walks up and asks me, "Where are all the white women at?"
I just lost it and starting laughing.
My wife had never seen Blazing Saddles and didnt catch the reference. She asked what he meant by that and the look of terror in his eyes as he tried to explain it to her was priceless...
He asked me to help him out and I couldnt....I was too busy laughing....

ETA- that's a scan of the pic that's in my wallet, that's why its wrinkled.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh hell no, never be able to do anything even close.  Everyone is soooooooooooooo sensitive.

Back in those days, people didn't get all bent for no reason.  Even minorities got in on the insulting.

AMC was showing it one night, and before the movie started the host Robert Osborne gave a little trivia....

Once filming was done on Blazing Saddles, Mel Brooks sent a copy to the studio execs to screen. The execs were rolling on the floor laughing as they watched it. After the film was over the execs made a long list of changes that Brooks had to make before  the studio would release the movie. Brooks came back to the execs a little later on and told them he had edited the movie just like they requested.

The execs took him at his word and ordered the film released without viewing the new "edited" version. Once it hit the movie theaters the execs found out that Brooks had lied and never made one single change to the original film. The execs went ahead and let the film play in the theaters, but they never took Brooks' word on anything after that.

Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#26]
There will never be movies like Blazing Saddles made again.

Hollywood has become too politically correct for what made that movie so awesome.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#27]
"S'cuse me while I whip dis out!"

Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

AMC was showing it one night, and before the movie started the host Robert Osborne gave a little trivia....

Once filming was done on Blazing Saddles, Mel Brooks sent a copy to the studio execs to screen. The execs were rolling on the floor laughing as they watched it. After the film was over the execs made a long list of changes that Brooks had to make before  the studio would release the movie. Brooks came back to the execs a little later on and told them he had edited the movie just like they requested.

The execs took him at his word and ordered the film released without viewing the new "edited" version. Once it hit the movie theaters the execs found out that Brooks had lied and never made one single change to the original film. The execs went ahead and let the film play in the theaters, but they never took Brooks' word on anything after that.

Thats hilarious!
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Hollywood has become too politically correct for what made that movie so awesome.

Also see "History of the World:Part 1"...............JEWS IN SPACE................

Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Damn near lost a four-hundred dollar hand cart
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#31]
prancin' around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots!
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=16441

My brother was the best man at our wedding but had never met her in person. He flew in to town to get fitted for the tux etc about 3-4 weeks before the wedding, and met her then.
The night before he flew in, Blazing Saddles was on HBO or something and we were both on the phone and throwing quotes from it back and forth.
The next day at the airport, my Brother comes through the security gate and walks up and asks me, "Where are all the white women at?"
My wife had never seen Blazing Saddles and didnt catch the reference. She asked what he meant by that and the look of terror in his eyes as he tried to explain it to her was priceless...

Back around '75, I had not seen it yet.  I was sitting in a bar in Buckhead (part of Atlanta) and the sun was coming in through the front door.

This really big black guy walks in, somewhat blocking out the sun, stops in front of the door and yelled "where da white women at".

I thought "oh shit, it's about to hit the fan" only to discover that he was a regular, everyone knew him, and he had just seen the movie for the first time.

Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Hollywood kinda like GD, then.

Explosions and beheadings and people getting killed left and right with blood gushing everywhere is G2G...but you better not show skin say the N word.

Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#34]
OH LOWDY HE'S DESPIT! DO WHAT HE SAYYYYY DO WHAT HE SAYYYY!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#35]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGQ-ISsDm8M[/youtube]
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#36]
" Hedley Lamarr: I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists. "

Had I been an actor Mel would have hated my guts, I would have tested  to be in most every film he made.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
"...somebody's going to have to go back and get a shitload of dimes!"

Beat me to it!
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#40]
oh what the fuck.  I am keeping it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#41]
They said you was hung!

Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#42]
We'll work up a "Number 6" on 'em!
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#43]
What did he say?
He said the sheriff is near...
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also see "History of the World:Part 1"...............JEWS IN SPACE................

"The Inquisition, what a show! The Inquisition, here we go.  We know you're wishin' that we'd go awaaay, but the Inquisition's here and its here to staaay!"
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Your wife looks a lot like Pam Grier. You're a lucky man.

Link Posted: 7/14/2012 7:01:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your wife looks a lot like Pam Grier. You're a lucky man.

Thank you.
I definately am a lucky man. She has poor eyesight and thinks I'm attractive....
She also believes me when I tell her Lasik surgery is hideously expensive and not at all reliable.....

Link Posted: 7/14/2012 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

" Hedley Lamarr: Write this down..........    I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists. "

Had I been an actor Mel would have hated my guts, I would have tested  to be in most every film he made.

Link Posted: 7/14/2012 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

They said you was hung!  

And they was right!

Link Posted: 7/14/2012 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Well, to tell the family secret, my grandmother was Dutch...
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#50]

One of the greatest movies of all time.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top