Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2012 7:42:51 PM EDT
Maybe Amazon Prime has just spoiled me, but Newegg's ordering/processing/shipping just sucks in comparison.  I ordered a new hard drive Wednesday morning.  They processed my card a few hours later.  They sent out a tracking number Friday morning.  It just now shipped out tonight.  

Guess they really want you to pay that $3.99 rush processing fee.
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I like Microcenter better.

Link Posted: 7/10/2012 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]
It may be because I'm only about 3 hours from them, but I always get my orders the very next day.

Link Posted: 7/10/2012 7:45:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never had a problem with new egg, they are my first stop for electronics
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Ebay for me. 4% back with cc and ebay points rewards.

Link Posted: 7/10/2012 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Must just be you OP as the 2 orders I recently placed with NewEgg got to me in record time.  One of them arrived 2 days after I placed the order and the other came in 3 days exactly like they said it would.  Oh yeah –– free shipping on both those orders.  NewEgg for the win.  As for Amazon, well, they suck a bag of dicks, prime or not.
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Must just be you OP as the 2 orders I recently placed with NewEgg got to me in record time.  One of them arrived 2 days after I placed the order and the other came in 3 days exactly like they said it would.  Oh yeah –– free shipping on both those orders.  NewEgg for the win. As for Amazon, well, they suck a bag of dicks, prime or not.

How much do you make per year as the captain of the SS Failboat?
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It may be because I'm only about 3 hours from them, but I always get my orders the very next day.  

I used to, because almost everything ships from Memphis.  And I'll probably get it tomorrow even though it shipped tonight, but 1 week to get it out the door is ridiculous.

Link Posted: 7/10/2012 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Must just be you OP as the 2 orders I recently placed with NewEgg got to me in record time.  One of them arrived 2 days after I placed the order and the other came in 3 days exactly like they said it would.  Oh yeah –– free shipping on both those orders.  NewEgg for the win. As for Amazon, well, they suck a bag of dicks, prime or not.

Link Posted: 7/10/2012 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aw, someone is an Amazon fanboy, how cute (and sad).  Guess you're still smarting over the fact that you routinely pay shipping fees for the knick knacks and diet books you order via Amazon.  Guess that makes you the Admiral of the Failboat armada.
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 8:08:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes, especially since they have a storefront not terribly far away.  Individual price differences between NewEgg and Microcenter are a wash, but I can spend a half hour and get my stuff the same day or pay for shipping & handling and wait a week.
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Cry me a river. I ordered a 7970 when it first came out, and it took a month to get here.
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to live and breath newegg. They jumped the shark when they stopped shipping fedex air saver.

Link Posted: 7/10/2012 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't necessarily order a lot from them, but I've been happy every time I have.  I'm not a fan of the rush shipping charge though, feels too much like a forced tip.
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, especially since they have a storefront not terribly far away.  Individual price differences between NewEgg and Microcenter are a wash, but I can spend a half hour and get my stuff the same day or pay for shipping & handling and wait a week.

Their store in Paterson   has damn near everything.

Link Posted: 7/10/2012 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Shut your whore mouth. Newegg always ships on time to me.  A Microcenter superstore is just down the road though and they spank Newegg all day long on in store only processors. I think that is their MO and that is cool with me.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Woohoo!! It finally got delivered, 8 days later.  Never ever ever ever use Egg Saver Shipping.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I have purchased from NewEgg twice in the past month.  Perfect shipping and processing.

Maybe your drive wasn't in stock.

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 12:11:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Woohoo!! It finally got delivered, 8 days later.  Never ever ever ever use Egg Saver Shipping.  

So you pay a rush fee, but then you use the absolute cheapest delivery method....WTF did you think was going to happen?!?  
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have purchased from NewEgg twice in the past month.  Perfect shipping and processing.

No it was in stock.  The headphones I ordered with it weren't though, so they refunded that pretty quick.  I think the problem was I used the Free Egg Saver Shipping.   I did some Googling and the general consensus is that it sucks donkey balls.  It went from UPS to the USPS or something like that.

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#20]
I've used NewEgg twice in the past and both times my credit card info got stolen. This was a few years apart too.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Never had shipping issues with them. Usually order stuff by wednesday and will get it Friday. Unless it comes from the California warehouse.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#22]
never had a problem with newegg, buy from them a few times a year
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm a fan of NewEgg.  I've bought from them quite a few times and the service has always been great.  Never an issue.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thenthing I dislike about Amazon is the order may be filled by 4 different companies and it's a pain in the ass when something goes wrong. I've spent thousands with NewEgg over the years and have had one faulty mobo where they did an advance RMA and took care of me. I still shop Amazon, but prefer NewEgg when it's available.

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it was in stock.  The headphones I ordered with it weren't though, so they refunded that pretty quick.  I think the problem was I used the Free Egg Saver Shipping.   I did some Googling and the general consensus is that it sucks donkey balls.  It went from UPS to the USPS or something like that.

ugh... that's UPS' version of FedEx smart post...

they both fucking blow and take longer than if they had just shipped USPS priority mail... I had something from REI take a week to get to PA from WV using that nonsense.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thenthing I dislike about Amazon is the order may be filled by 4 different companies and it's a pain in the ass when something goes wrong. I've spent thousands with NewEgg over the years and have had one faulty mobo where they did an advance RMA and took care of me. I still shop Amazon, but prefer NewEgg when it's available.

then you're not paying attention... I never order from vendors other than Amazon themselves or "fulfilled by amazon".
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I use Amazon and NewEgg all the time.. I like them both, you just have to keep an eye out for who you're actually buying from. NewEgg themselves are good, so is Amazon Prime.. but sometimes they'll have 3rd party vendors and shippers in there who suck. Just have to keep an eye out.

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Order placed with newegg today at 1456HRS local. Shipping notifications with tracking numbers received - two different departure locations for parts of the order - at 1757HRS and 1815HRS.

TERRIBLE service, they ought to be ashamed!

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Did you order it from Newegg or one of their 'affiliated' vendors?

I always get my stuff three business days after I order it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#30]
They took 6 days to ship? Yeah, that's not great, although if you do the free shipping thing on Amazon (not prime) it can sometimes take about that long.

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 3:49:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don't know that I like them better, but it's often "close enough" if you happen to live near one, like I do.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, no shit.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Shut your whore mouth. Newegg always ships on time to me.  A Microcenter superstore is just down the road though and they spank Newegg all day long on in store only processors. I think that is their MO and that is cool with me.

Yep. That's where I bought my Intel i7 930. It was $200, and that was like...two years ago?
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. That's where I bought my Intel i7 930. It was $200, and that was like...two years ago?

Yep, me too.

Newegg couldn't touch that price when I built this rig.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, me too.

Newegg couldn't touch that price when I built this rig.

They occasionally have some pretty smoking deals/sales on Apple products too, if you're into that sort of thing.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Try returning something to them.   Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know that I like them better, but it's often "close enough" if you happen to live near one, like I do.

Their in-store only deals are awesome.

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Dunno, but I've spent well over $20,000 with Newegg this month.  Never had anything like what you describe.

The only time I've had anything BUT speedy shipping was when I ordered stuff through them that was fulfilled by another vendor, their answer to Amazon's "marketplace".  But stuff fulfilled by Newegg, still goes out speedy and fast.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Try returning something to them.   Good luck.

Never had a problem.

Occasionally, they've wanted to charge me a restock fee when they shouldn't, but chatting with a representative got that waived.

And I've bought a lot of stuff from Newegg.  I spend at least $100k there every year.  When you spend a lot there, they give you your own, dedicated point of contact.  But... I've never used mine.  Because I've never needed to.  That says something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top