Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/5/2012 6:05:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:09:35 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF? Why destroy the cameras, unless the officers planned to plant evidence (pun intended) or steal a little smoke for them selves?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
WTF? Why destroy the cameras, unless the officers planned to plant evidence (pun intended) or steal a little smoke for them selves?

Didn't want some dude from a chicken joint calling in reinforcements.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Well you dont want joe public to see these brave drug warriors super secret anti doper tactics do ya
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#5]

I feel safer.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#6]
WTF....
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I was talking to a friend a couple of days ago that runs a MMJ dispensary in Colorado, he said it is a all cash business because anything they put in a bank account can be seized by the feds.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#8]
op sec on tactics
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:16:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

was walking on the guy and smashing video cameras really necessary?

Clearly that would never happen.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Why did Heavy Six need to walk on the guy? I mean literally walk on him like a throw rug? He had ample room to walk around him, and he clearly offered no resistance.

I think were that me my back injuries resulting from that move would be worth at least six figures. Smashing the cameras was questionable as well. Seems like senseless destruction of property. The War On Drugs wins again.

ETA: Why were local cops carrying out a raid on a legal dispensary? I thought only feds could do that.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Aren't pot dispensaries legal in certain states? The video isn't playing nice with my phone, so I can't watch it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I feel safer.

me too.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#15]
they should goto jail just for painting the room that color
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why did Heavy Six need to walk on the guy? I mean literally walk on him like a throw rug? He had ample room to walk around him, and he clearly offered no resistance.

I think were that me my back injuries resulting from that move would be worth at least six figures. Smashing the cameras was questionable as well. Seems like senseless destruction of property. The War On Drugs wins again.

ETA: Why were local cops carrying out a raid on a legal dispensary? I thought only feds could do that.

I'm wondering tax evasion?

I'd bet.  Cash businesses tend to under report slightly.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#17]
That fucking cop stepped right on the guys upper back about 10 secs in.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#18]

yep, looks like normal everyday tyrannical government to me.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I thought they got raided for some permit thing. Or maybe the payment to the man was late.

Bad move smashing the cameras also. Looks like they are trying to hide something.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Aren't pot dispensaries legal in certain states? The video isn't playing nice with my phone, so I can't watch it.

Yes they are but not legal with the Feds.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't blame them when the Feds try to steal every dime they bank on paper as drug seizure money.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I thought they got raided for some permit thing. Or maybe the payment to the man was late.

Bad move smashing the cameras also. Looks like they are trying to hide something.

Um isnt that destroying evidence?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope. I finished the article and see they lacked a city permit.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
yep, looks like normal everyday tyrannical government to me.

Pretty much. Assuming there was nothing more to this (like you know, actual crime with actual vicitms), it's unfortunate that the property owner wasn't able to take whatever measures necessary to defend his business from those armed robbers.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#25]
And police will wonder why nobody trusts them.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, I for one will look at my next pay check and view the taxes deducted with great satisfaction, knowing that those funds are being put to good use.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would bet guy with the cane is a CI or UC and didnt want his face recorded. The fact that he had to destroy another person's property was likely just a trivial afterthought. As we hear from the drug warrior types here, "fuck em, they are probly shitbags anyway." Anything they can do to inflict a bit of extra "deserved" suffering is okay for most of the drug warrior types since they are righteous warriors of justice, at least in their own minds.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would bet guy with the cane is a CI or UC and didnt want his face recorded. The fact that he had to destroy another person's property was likely just a trivial afterthought. As we hear from the drug warrior types here, "fuck em, they are probly shitbags anyway." Anything they can do to inflict a bit of extra "deserved" suffering is okay for most of the drug warrior types since they are righteous warriors of justice, at least in their own minds.

He had a badge around his neck. I'd guess a plain clothes officer who was probably in the store a few minutes prior to the raid to scope it out.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Next time they will pay their protection permit money.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:49:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He had a badge around his neck. I'd guess a plain clothes officer who was probably in the store a few minutes prior to the raid to scope it out.  

I didnt notice the badge. Then like I said he was probly a the UC officer involved in the raid and didnt want his face on camera.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm curious, on what page can those procedures be found.

Edit: unfucked my word salad

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Why were local cops carrying out a raid on a legal dispensary? I thought only feds could do that.

California law does not allow for profit marijuana sales. If they are making a profit they are not a "dispensary" they are a drug dealer with a store front.

Legit dispensaries have an ongoing relationship with their members and any profit left over is returned to the members. If you are selling to anyone with a doctors recommendation without making them join your collective and participate in the collective then you are a drug dealer.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would bet guy with the cane is a CI or UC and didn't want his face recorded. The fact that he had to destroy another person's property was likely just a trivial afterthought. As we hear from the drug warrior types here, "fuck em, they are probly shitbags anyway." Anything they can do to inflict a bit of extra "deserved" suffering is okay for most of the drug warrior types since they are righteous warriors of justice, at least in their own minds.

A CI or UC would have his face covered up, right? It would be dumb to show up at a raid in plain view of the public if he was UC or CI.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Why were local cops carrying out a raid on a legal dispensary? I thought only feds could do that.

California law does not allow for profit marijuana sales. If they are making a profit they are not a "dispensary" they are a drug dealer with a store front.

Legit dispensaries have an ongoing relationship with their members and any profit left over is returned to the members. If you are selling to anyone with a doctors recommendation without making them join your collective and participate in the collective then you are a drug dealer.

Collectivization, but no capitalism. I guess that shouldn't be surprising for California. But, that is a BS arbitrary law that is on it's face unjust. And that's without getting into making folks jump through the hoops and engage in the farce that is the "medical" marijuana registration/card process.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would bet guy with the cane is a CI or UC and didn't want his face recorded. The fact that he had to destroy another person's property was likely just a trivial afterthought. As we hear from the drug warrior types here, "fuck em, they are probly shitbags anyway." Anything they can do to inflict a bit of extra "deserved" suffering is okay for most of the drug warrior types since they are righteous warriors of justice, at least in their own minds.

A CI or UC would have his face covered up, right?

Nope. Californians frown on cops wearing masks. So instead you seize any photos/video of the UC officers and have the court supress them. If the camera's go to an off site location/server you disconnect the camera's before the UC officers show up on tape.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Collectivization, but no capitalism. I guess that shouldn't be surprising for California. But, that is a BS arbitrary law that is on it's face unjust. And that's without getting into making folks jump through the hoops and engage in the farce that is the "medical" marijuana registration/card process.

Yep. Its a silly law but the dispensary owners know they are illegally selling drugs if they operate for profit. The lure of easy money just makes it too tempting for them.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A CI or UC would have his face covered up, right? It would be dumb to show up at a raid in plain view of the public if he was UC or CI.

If he was in the location collecting information or acting as some sort of spotter for the raid perhaps not. It also looks like the cameras might not have been noticed initially as we see one point to the camera a little bit into the video. Regardless  it seems as though the simply didnt want to be video taped, my guess there is because plain clothes guy and possibly others may not want their faces on the internet in case they are doing UC work. Seems to be the simplest explination. They could just be assholes looking to smash shit and steal things though, I suppose we can't entirely rule that out.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#39]
thats some bull shit. dont need to walk on the guy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahh, gotcha-thanks for the info

No idea if medical marijuana is legal anywhere around here-I've never felt compelled to look into it. I've got a cousin in CO who has a "weed card", as she calls it No clue how or why she got it, but apparently it's legit.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No idea if medical marijuana is legal anywhere around here-I've never felt compelled to look into it. I've got a cousin in CO who has a "weed card", as she calls it No clue how or why she got it, but apparently it's legit.

I have a cousin in Colorado who grows it (legal per state law). Small world.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a cousin in Colorado who grows it (legal per state law). Small world.  

There are three dispensaries within 5 minutes of my apartment right now.  It is not really a big deal here.  There are greenhouses in the county that produce MJ, all with state licenses.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:45:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didnt notice the badge. Then like I said he was probly a the UC officer involved in the raid and didnt want his face on camera.

Well, it didn't work did it? You can see his face for a split second, but u can c it
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:21:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, it didn't work did it? You can see his face for a split second, but u can c it

Hey, I just said he is a shitbag, not a rocket surgeon. Could be trying to disguise search tactics as well, but there is not right to privacy with those either as  far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#46]
The issue with income reporting is a federal and state issue.  With that said, the feds disallow all deductions for any business that sells illegal drugs, but the income is taxable.  This creates a rub when the state allows the sale of weed, don't ya think?  Most states base their income tax on federal taxable amounts, with some adjustments.   If the feds disallow deductions for illegal drug activity, how will this affect the state tax return?  Will the state allow the deductions as an add back?  Most dispensing businesses are not even thinking about this.  They simply want to dodge the 280E section.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Police said the dispensary was operating under state compliance, but did not have a city permit.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't blame them when the Feds try to steal every dime they bank on paper as drug seizure money.  

Police said the dispensary was operating under state compliance, but did not have a city permit.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:34:32 PM EDT
[#49]
i thought zero promised he would stop raiding MM in states whre it's legal.  Hmm, he lied
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he was in the location collecting information or acting as some sort of spotter for the raid perhaps not. It also looks like the cameras might not have been noticed initially as we see one point to the camera a little bit into the video. Regardless  it seems as though the simply didnt want to be video taped, my guess there is because plain clothes guy and possibly others may not want their faces on the internet in case they are doing UC work. Seems to be the simplest explination. They could just be assholes looking to smash shit and steal things though, I suppose we can't entirely rule that out.

Why would the UC guy even need to be at the raid? What about the people on the street who will see him, maybe one of them is a bad guy he is trying to bust. The UC guy could have his cover blown just by being at the raid. Does not make sense to me. Smash all the cameras so you do not end up on you tube, dumb. Just don't be at the raid.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top