Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2001 1:50:44 PM EDT
Is there anything particular about the "A4" model or is it just a number?

I'm looking to buy an Armalite A4 flat-top and was wondering if there was anything special or certain about it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#1]
A4 meaning flattop as far as armalite model designations exist. no other meaning...[sniper]
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#2]
If you ever have any intention of mounting optics you definately want to go with the A4 flattop.Once you try it you'll see how much more comfortable it is versus having optics on top of a carry handle.
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an armalite A4 carbine. Previously had a dpms carbine.  High quality of fit and finish.  never ever gags on ammo.  surprisingly accurate for a 16 inch barrel.    I am very satisfied.  shop around, there are some good deals out there.  PorterRockwell is a dealer who posts here and he's posted some excellent prices. check out the armalite web site [url]www.armalite.com[/url]  they even have an explanation for why its "A4" instead of "A3" and their reasoning is just so armalite.  gotta love it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine is sitting in my lap as we speak.
Yes, they are special, so very special!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top