Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2001 9:52:04 AM EDT
My Colt Match HBAR has a skinny barrel under the handguards as opposed to my new BM that has the same diameter as the barrel that is exposed in front of the handguards.

I guess at some time the barrel/upper was changed.  

Good or bad?  Everything seems to be working good so no biggie?  If not than what?

Just curious!

TIA
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Some rifles have the skinny barrel under the handguards to save weight.  Is that what your question was about?
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 10:30:56 AM EDT
[#2]
That is the profile of the military HBAR's. The skinny part is there to facilitate mounting a M203 grenade launcher, and also makes the gun lighter.

Kyle
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanx guys!

Was just wondering why the difference!

Link Posted: 4/4/2001 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#4]
If it's skinny all the way back to the upper receiver it ain't no HBAR.  Someone may have switched uppers on you.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah it's thinner the whole length, I'm not really concerned if it isn't the original upper or not.  It's a Colt barrel and I don't really let any of my rifle barrels very hot.  I was just wondering if it is detrimental.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top