Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2001 5:42:17 PM EDT
I tried to register on Glock talk this weekend and failed.  Now when I try to register it says that I'm banned.  I never even got to post anything!  
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#1]
They were onto you from the get go? Maybe they saw your photo in the post office?
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#2]
All your Glock are belong to us! ha ha ha
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#3]
shhh i think i hear very faint small violin music
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#4]
If you've never posted anything over there, there is no reason for them to have banned you. I suspect that your ISP is close to another persons that they banned. You might want to contact the owner and plead your case.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to post there all the time, but I got banned for some unknown reason, the admin., eric, rufuses to give me an explanation, so I feel, its not worth my time to help the people there.

PS> Eric, If you read this:[-!-!-]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#6]
......and here I was expecting to find the words Todd or SW.........

Can I say that here?????
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks I thought that there was something wrong with me.  I guess that I will have to ask all my Glock questions here.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#9]
If you have to, ask your Glock questions on this board and if I don't know the answer, I'll post them on Glocktalk.com.  I've been a member there for some time and it's a very good site.  Almost as good as AR15.com....
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#10]
The question I wanted to ask was what modifications I could make to my Glock 17 the would inprove it.  I definitly want night sights and I heard that it is a good idea to put in an aftermarket recoil spring.  Lars.

P.S.  I have been known to bash Glocks in the past, but I'm a changed man now.  Still think that they are ugly though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#11]
First, congratulations on your giving in to the Dark Side.  It may be ugly, but the Glock 17 is one of if not the best combat pistol ever made.  I proudly own one myself.  As far as upgrade modifications, I'd say the big one would be to install a set of Meprolite or Trijicon 3-dot night sights.  IMO, that is an essential upgrade for any pistol.  The nice thing about the Glocks is that they really don't need modifications, they're great as-is.  You don't need to install a heavier recoil spring, the stock one is fine for 9mm.  It won't hurt the gun if you do, but it's not necessary.  One modification some Glock owners make is to install the Glock 3.5 lb trigger connector.  This supposedly lightens the trigger pull and helps with some peoples' accuracy.  My Glock 17 is second generation and completely stock other than the Meprolite night sights, and the extra-power springs I've installed in all my full-capacity magazines (FML and NFML).

Make sure you only use Glock factory mags however.  As with ARs, aftermarket Glock mags are generally junk.  Pre-ban G17 mags are relatively plentiful and less expensive than other Glock model mags.

Lastly, enjoy your Glock 17, clean it once in a while, shoot as much +P+ ammo in it as you'd like, and practice, practice, practice.  The Glock triggers can take some getting used to.

BMAN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top