Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2001 6:57:27 AM EDT
A guy was several years behind in his child support and the judge gave him a few days to come with some cash or spend some time in the pokey. He wanted $400 for a pre-ban blue label target(99%, sighted in only) ! With two Colt twenties. I almost had a stroke.  It took a lot of control to stop the shaking as I took the money out of my wallet.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:07:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:33:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Let this be a [red]WARNING[/red] to everyone.

Get all of you toy's, prior to getting married
(This is why I still have my Corvette)!

From hind-sight, never let them know exactly what and how many you have. Get pre-nup agreement, where needed!

Make sure you save money, that the other is not aware of!

If the Court's were fair and equitable, these step's would not be neccessay.

To all of the so called Honorable Judges out there [-!-]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:47:02 AM EDT
[#3]
"several years behind in his child support "?? Bastard. I had an old man like that. The SOB got away with financial murder for years. We literally had to chase him all over the US and Europe to pay child support and medical bills. He drove his nice Mercedes while we wore second-hand clothes.

Only the fact that my mother did a good job raising me has prevented me from breaking his jaw and putting him in a wheelchair forever.

If you need a pre-nup, you WILL get divorced and are marrying the WRONG woman. I didn't get back into firearms until LONG after I got married, and so far, no probs.

If some women don't like firearms from day one, and are very money-grubbing and want you to keep up with the Jones', (funny how these all go together, eh?) these kind of women will never be happy.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:48:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Choose between an AR and a wife?  Have to go with the AR..wife is easier to replace.[:D]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I am sorry to hear that.  People shouldn't have children unless they make a lifetime commitment. Bad parents have ruined many more lives than our guns.  We need background checks to buy firearms but let anyone have kids. I cant think of anything more precious than kids.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:55:12 AM EDT
[#6]
...and he was a gun-grabber, too. My mom's family had LOTS of guns, incl. pump shotguns, milsurp rifles, perc. cap muzzleloaders- he wouldn't let us near it. Go figure!
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:29:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I was a gun God in my first marriage.

Owned everything........all pre-ban and loved every minute of it.

When the marriage went dark and psycho I left w/ my guns but found that they meant little to me.  In  fact, many disgusted me as they were given to me by my crazy ex.

Anywho.....sold almost everything and wound up buying a ring for my new wife.  Oh yeah.........I did what I should have done and don't really regret it but that was when a pre-ban AR did not mean the same things as one does now.

I do wish I had that slab side back.  Heck, I could have put the diff on a CC......................................just like I did my new M4 and the beta and and and and the tac sling and the uh hu huhuh the OKO yeah the OKO a ahahahahhha ha ha haha ah aha ha..............God I love guns.

Great buy you slime.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn.
I for damn sure could find someone to give more $$$ than that for that gun if I had  " a few days "

What a sucker.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#9]
No it's not great.  Anytime there is a divorce it's a sad story.  It's the little ones who suffered the most.  When get marry, choose wisely. Don't do it for the money or for Love. When the money is gone so is the marriage, and the same is for Love. Do it for the kids, as long as they are around, you will be the happiest. The guns come last.  As long as you keep the family happy, they don't care what you have.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Divorce is expensive. You could by a lot of nice guns for what one costs. In the long run its worth it. Stick around with some psycho broad for the sake of the kids? They're better off if you can get custody. Not easy to do, but doable. All it takes is money and a lawyer with the personality of a pit bull.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#11]
C'mon April fools was yesterday! It's cheaper to keep her.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 5:53:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I have to agree with oldeschool.  I've never missed a child support payment either.  I will go hungry and have in order to make that child support obligation.  But in order to feed myself after the divorce it got so bad for a while that I sold a pre-ban DPMS AR15A2 and a Savage 110 FP .308 with a Redfield Accutrac scope and mounts and Harris bipod.  I also sold off close to 2000 rounds of .223 to another divorced man.  All for cash to eat.

Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Different, I feel your pain. Divorce sucks. The only other alternative is "cunticide", but kids just wouldn't understand if you got caught. Cheaper in the long run to just fork over the cash to your shark and do what's right. As for guys who don't pay their child support, they should be flogged. No matter how bad you hate the bitch, the kids are not at fault.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top