Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2001 7:29:07 PM EDT
   I have a Ar15-SP1 but I'm getting to purchase a second AR and I've narrowed the choices to the Armalite Flat top carbine or the Bushmaster V Match carbine. I don't have any experience with either one of these rifles.  My main concerns are a good trigger and ability to shoot good tight groups out of the box.  Guns main use will be for coyotes and a backup for close shots on prarie dogs. Plan to put a Burris 4 x 12 compact on it.  Any thoughts or oppinions from those of you who have used these would be greatly appreiciated.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Two of the best , you cant go wrong with either one. However the Bushmaster might be a hair cheaper in price.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 6:32:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I would definitly go with the Armalite. I have a M15A2c and love it. I don't think you can beat Aramalite's quality.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 6:33:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Bushies are nice but tend to be a bit purple.  You don't see it much in normal light.  ArmaLites are more expensive but built better and in more really neat versions.  maLiteI've got both but prefer the ArmaLite.

And ArmaLite makes my favorite rifle, the AR-10!
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 7:36:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#5]
...Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Flip a coin! Bushmaster and Armalite are two of the best! [:D]  Milldude
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 9:27:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I have both an Armalite 16" carbine and an Bushy 16" carbine.  Both are things of beauty.  I paid about $100 dollars more for my Armalite.  The bushy although cheaper, came with a hard plastic case.  You will not be dissapointed with either.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Uh, doesnt the Armalite have a bazaar-length handgaurd and non-spec proprietary upper/lower mating surfaces? Am I confused?
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, you're confused.

It's colt that uses non-standard parts.  The Colt trigger mech uses odd-sized pins.

The ArmaLite carbine handguards are longer than the short ones everybody else uses.  It makes the guns with 16 inch long carbine barrels loof the ok better.  ArmaLite says it provides better gas powering than the short handguards (the gas port is too close to the chamber).  They aren't bazaar.  They look nice and you can grip them easier.  I prefer them to the shorter handguards.  The long barrel sticking out in front of the front sight looks bad.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I say Armalite.

I've had a Colt.

I own two Armalites.

Other family members have Bushmasters.

I say Armalite.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't have an Armalite, so have nothing good or bad to say about them. Have two Bushys, and love them. Can't go wrong with Bushmaster, IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 2:06:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Flip a coin! Bushmaster and Armalite are two of the best! [:D]  Milldude
View Quote

Yeh what he said or buy both.   [sniper]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Had Both, My .02:
BUSHMASTER. Slightly less expensive and Quality is just as good or better. Plus that snake on the side is just Kewl! Hehe
You can't go wrong with either.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I have 1 of each, and both are good.  If you get the ARmalite, you can have cool green furniture.  If you have the cash, go Armalite, or get the Bushy and add some cool accessories.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks everyone for the help, this is my first time to use this site but it is definitely  for the favorite list.   Thanks again
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I own an armalite and have shot the bushmaster Both are greatguns i did like the trigger on the bushmaster but think that the finish is better on the armalite either way you cant go erong either.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#18]
lockmaster, if you get the Bushy, and don't get the DCM, get their competition trigger kit. The standard Bushy trigger is Ok, but the two stage competition trigger takes 10 minutes to install and kicks ass. Now if Armalite offers match quality triggers on their standard rifles for the same price as a Bushy, I'd think seriously about buying one if it was my first AR. Have been more into CMP Garands lately, so not up to date on AR prices. Do your homework. Have fun.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#19]
when I got my bushmaster the wating list for a armalite was 6 to 9 weeks and bushmaster was only 2 to 4
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#21]
BM CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE BEST IN THE GUN INDUSTRY. I HAVE CALLED THEM WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT BM'S, COLTS AND ARMA'S AND THEY ALWAYS TAKE THE TIME TO HELP.  I HAD TO WAIT 3 DAYS TO HERE BACK FROM ARMALITE ON THE LENGTH OF THE SITE RADIUS ON THEIR CARBINE.  
BTW IT IS 17.5"
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#22]
when I got my bushmaster the wating list for a armalite was 6 to 9 weeks and bushmaster was only 2 to 4
View Quote

Waiting list? WTF? Only time I had to wait for a Bushmaster was when I ordered a customized DCM. Only had to wait a week.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Have a Bushie and love it.[:)]  Man that Arma-lite must be some rifle if it is superior in any way to a Bushie.  Never shot one, but have fired the Colts.  Still prefer my Bushie! [^]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 11:04:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Hey man, just be thankful that you even still can get "assault weapons". I would say that either weapon would be appropriate for the defense of the Constitution and Bill of Rights in a militia capacity.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a standard Armalite HBAR (M15A2) with a NM 2 stage trigger. Cost me another 130 bucks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey man, just be thankful that you even still can get "assault weapons". I would say that either weapon would be appropriate for the defense of the Constitution and Bill of Rights in a militia capacity.
View Quote

All true. But, besides being appropriate for defending the Constitution, they are just plain
shiteatin'grin FUN to shoot! What other reason should you really need? [;)]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#27]
should you get a bushmaster or an armalite? yes most definitely
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top